£4.50 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. OA Music Lounge - Tell us your favourites & why!

Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

Oooh Bob Marley! Yes!

Maroon 5 another yes MC! and Savage Garden is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine! and Secret Smile! Love Brown Eyed Girl A LOT too MC!

There's a song by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs that I love but I don't remember the name!

Nickleback will always remind me of a wonderful summer - blasting out of the window, into the summer sun....

Suprisingly I quite like Blink 182 - don't know why I'm suprised - maybe 'cause they're more of a teenage boy thing in my area.

I had Tenacious D's first album too and loved "Tribute".

I secretly love The Libertines too.

The Sex Pistols - good call Mimi!

QUEEN! Has noone mentioned Queen yet?

I'll be embarrassed to admit I used to secretly love Eminem! I only remember this because someone mentioned Linkin Park and I loved their song with Eminem!

I'm yet to meet anyone that doesn't like MJ - but I must know why "Man in the Mirror" was so overplayed when he died - my favourite is "Smooth Criminal"!

I need to stop randomly remembering people - my list is WAY to long already!

Ax

I forgot about savage garden!!! I love them!

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

Hmmm. . . . .myself. . . . .Sabbath, deep Purple, Zeppelin, Metallica, Motorhead, Slayer, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Jimi Hendrix, Mountain, Twisted Sister, UFO, Van Halen, Thin Lizzy to name but a few! Love Mowtown, 70's, 80's, Dean Martin, Kraftwerk, Yellow Magic Orchestra, The Mooney Suzuki, Depeche Mode, The Beatles, Turbonegro, bloody loads! I've been to see Diana Ross, Wacko Jacko, Level 42, 5 star (shockingly), Bros (shockingly, loads of Bros look-a-likes, dead wierd!), Atomic Kitten (shockingly), Spice Girls (very very shockingly, really wierd, lots and lots of little screaming girls my daughter included!), plus a few other bands.

The kids basically like the same as me but are constantly singing Tenacious D songs especially that Beelzeboss one! It's bad that my 12 year old son sings this I know but. . . . . .It's comical! Feel free to call social services I've thought about it myself! and slipknot!

My better half loves Mowtown, 60,70,80's and. . . . . .Boyzone! It's a cross I have to bare.

SG x

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

one song thats not particuarly sexy, but it so important to me is My Chemical Romances "famous last words", when things were awful at home id just sit and scream along to that song. i know its silly but that song has saved my life before lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bbTtPL1jRs

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

sweetlove666 wrote:

one song thats not particuarly sexy, but it so important to me is My Chemical Romances "famous last words", when things were awful at home id just sit and scream along to that song. i know its silly but that song has saved my life before lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bbTtPL1jRs

Ahhh MCR! Gerard Way! Used to be written all over the daughters school books.

I like teenagers by them but thats about it for me.

SG x

Cara Sutra [sign in to see picture]

Yes AA I think WandA mentioned it here the other day and there was a big flare up on Twitter about it... a lot of very unhappy women out there now!

I don't really go for men these days but I agree he was v hot

Such a shame he died ... such a young age as well xxx

SG Yes... Gerard Way Emo pretty boys that wear makeup ftw!

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Mistress Cara wrote:

Yes AA I think WandA mentioned it here the other day and there was a big flare up on Twitter about it... a lot of very unhappy women out there now!

I don't really go for men these days but I agree he was v hot

Such a shame he died ... such a young age as well xxx

SG Yes... Gerard Way Emo pretty boys that wear makeup ftw!

Me no remember that... I don't think I've ever heard of him!

Saying that I do get through a lot of news... I do like the way any interesting titbits (or tidbits?) gets attributed to me anyway!

Oh sorry thought it was you! Hmmmmmm ... fantasising about you again then! lol apologies for the misquote lol

you are always on my mind? lol

xxxxx

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Mistress Cara wrote:

Oh sorry thought it was you! Hmmmmmm ... fantasising about you again then! lol apologies for the misquote lol

xxxxx

Well shucks... I bet you say that to all the random gibbery (people wwho spout gibberish?) posters.

Or they post so often its like they're virtually poking you constantly as a reminder to their existence.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Mistress Cara wrote:

xxxxx

It was SmoothOne - popped in to let AA know I think.

Axx

Ah thank you AdnaW I knew it was one of the ones that made me laugh regularly! Um, not with that news though. Youknow what I mean

Chris Stefani [sign in to see picture]

I'm into an awful lot of different music types, from Country to Rock n Roll, pop to Metal, Blues through RnB, so on and so forth.

I always go back to some of the legends of rock though, I was brought up listening to Queen and MeatLoaf, and loads of '60s popular music (my dad was a teen in the '60s). Country was introduced to me by my mother. And of course I liked a variety of my "own" music types growing up, I went through a dance phase, then a very heavy metal phase, and more recently some RnB has hit the spot, with Rihanna being a particular favourite.. I'm not usually a bass freak, but some of her music does sound really good when cranked up in the car.

I tend to just go on my gut reaction to music. There are some songs I hear on the radio that immediately ring my bell, and there are others that make me want to smash the radio up. That is why I have such a varied taste in music, and I like songs from the majority of genres you're likely to hear on your local commercial station.

iPods are something I avoid, but I have my mobile packed with some albums, and they include: Kenny Rogers, The Who, Queen, MeatLoaf, Amy MacDonald, Rihanna, Elton John (err... I never consciously realised I liked his music!), Gabriella Cilmi, Michael Jackson, Nickelback, Owl City, Robbie Williams, Seal, Sting & The Police, The Human League, The Bangles.. The list goes on and on really. Some embarrassing ones there I admit, but I don't really care, the music is all that matters and like I said if it hits the spot then I'll listen to it. Heck I even have an Aqua album somewhere that I'll still fire up from time to time, yes Barbie Girl is crap and annoying, but they have a couple of good songs on there too.

I shall now go and hide somewhere as I'm sure I'll get a ribbing!

AdnaW wrote:

*snip*

Nickleback will always remind me of a wonderful summer - blasting out of the window, into the summer sun....

*snip*

I had Tenacious D's first album too and loved "Tribute".

*snip*

I'll be embarrassed to admit I used to secretly love Eminem! I only remember this because someone mentioned Linkin Park and I loved their song with Eminem!

I have to agree with the sentiments about Nickelback, they do remind me of good times. I have to say, so does Avril Lavigne, and Evanesence.

Tenacious D are fantastic full stop. Tribute was introduced to me by the DJ in my favourite pub as a yoof, and it's still a firm favourite to this day.

I did like a couple of Eminem's songs I must admit, but nothing he did solely by himself. Stan and Like Toy Soldiers are two examples. However, Linkin Park... In The End... What a FANTASTIC tune, again reminds me of the good times going to the pubs as a late-teen.

Strange, really, I'm in my mid twenties now, and going to the same pub (which has since had two makeovers and is now a nightclub) with the same mates, and it's never the same atmosphere... probably because the buckfast generation have taken over the place

Gold class [sign in to see picture]

Currently Ray lamontagne for me, and Frou Frou for the OH (I was playing this the 1st time she ever came into my room when we were at uni, so its kind of 'our' album) .

I cooked a romantic meel for her the other night and we had a mix of stuff on, but when we are in the bed room I like to have gentle accoustic music/chill out classical on as it helps to distract from my tinnitus, as well as setting the mood nicely with some candles.

Gold class wrote:

Currently Ray lamontagne for me, and Frou Frou for the OH (I was playing this the 1st time she ever came into my room when we were at uni, so its kind of 'our' album) .

I cooked a romantic meel for her the other night and we had a mix of stuff on, but when we are in the bed room I like to have gentle accoustic music/chill out classical on as it helps to distract from my tinnitus, as well as setting the mood nicely with some candles.

I love Trouble - amazing song!

My fave classical piece is Cannon in D - beautiful

Ax

I was reminded today of another band I love listening to, especially on these nice sunny summer days - the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Fantastic music to listen to in the car with the windows down on a nice summer drive!

Watched a RHCP dvd of them live and they were APPALLINGLY awful. Despite liking some of the tunes, it really really puts me off artists when they can't live up to the hype/albums with live performances.

If you aren't talented, you have no right to be called an 'artist'!

xxxxxx

AdnaW wrote:

I love Trouble - amazing song!

My fave classical piece is Cannon in D - beautiful

Ax

Thanks AdnaW, I just think his voice is amazing, and his song just seem to resound with my life/views and thinking in general

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I have the RHCP live in hyde park CD that sounds pretty good, but I'm just not really into them anymore. I think it just got rammed down my throat so much everytime I turned on the TV spesh with that 'By the way' song.

Lol, have to agree-- I love their early stuff, but just think that the last album or two they just seem to be writting radio friendly stuff, missing the energy of their youth perhaps>?

PS, forgot to mention AdnaW, I agree Cannon in D is great

I dont know much about classical, but my OH is a Flautist, so I have taken to raiding her music collection over the last few months as I have found classical is, at times v.good for distacting from tinnitus.

BUT, I am getting into it more now, and Arvo Pärt is fast becoming the most played on my mp3, out of over 3000 artist....

Gold class wrote:

PS, forgot to mention AdnaW, I agree Cannon in D is great

I dont know much about classical, but my OH is a Flautist, so I have taken to raiding her music collection over the last few months as I have found classical is, at times v.good for distacting from tinnitus.

BUT, I am getting into it more now, and Arvo Pärt is fast becoming the most played on my mp3, out of over 3000 artist....

I play the flute too! Not not to a high level at the minute - I stopped my lessons/exams to focus on studying but I will get back into it!

Ax

Meant to add - I'm envious of anyone who can play it well! It's a complicated instrument!

Ax

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.