• OA Music Lounge - Tell us your favourites & why!

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

Youtube-d Sam Cooke - clicked "Wonderful World" and realised it's already one of my fave songs (my list of fave songs must be well into its hundreds hehe) but I never knew the name or artist - story of my musical life - I like so much of what I hear and I hear music I love in so many random places that I never know names of my favourite songs hehe!

Ax

I'm glad you like him. I got into him after a friend played 'Bring it on Home for Me for about a week post break up. A Change is Gonna Come was pretty much everywhere last US election, too.

I've just clocked the time, good grief! Night, late owls.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of a name and someone to youtube at a later date.

Night sweet

Ax

mimiaow [sign in to see picture]

Chris De Burgh?! Shamefully, I couldn't name a single song of his, other than the Christmas 'Spaceman Came Travelling' (all time favourite festive song!), or 'The Lady in Red', but I'm sure most people would know those ones! I can say, however, that his eyebrows are terrifying. Particularly The Mighty Boosh's De Burgh... Urgh.

I'm quite happy having chart nonsense on in the back ground (we probably have 4Music and its kin on the TV more than we should, here at uni), but ultimately I love music with a good heavy bassline, but with some fun musical creativity in there. I'm a huge fan of Josh Homme (adore Queens of the Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal, and Kyuss to a lesser extent) for this, because I love his originality. Them Crooked Vultures was a great highlight for me last year!

R.E.M, Gorillaz, U2, Thomas Newman, Mazzy Star, Green Day, Danny Elfman, MUSE, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead - they come to mind, in general music love.

mimiaow [sign in to see picture]

I feel guilty that I left out The Sex Pistols and Marilyn Manson...

There's always a time for various classical composers with me also, but I don't know any names well enough to specifically identify. Classic FM radio station is a not-so-guilty pleasure of mine!

Cara Sutra [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

Eva Cassidy.

I love Dolly Parton's Jolene.

I LOVE Hotel California.

I love Whisky in the Jar by Thin Lizzy.

I love Call me Al by Paul Simon.

I love Halleluja - most versions!

I LOVE Stairway to Heaven.

I love Friday I'm in Love.

Ax

AGREE! Especially Friday I'm in Love... addicted to that song!

How about Secret Smile, Blurry by Puddle of Mudd, Brown Eyed Girl, You spin me round (cross dressing man, nuff said), what's love got to do with it, my old piano Diana Ross, THAT Divinyls song, many maroon 5 songs, scissor sisters, paulo nutini, sugababes (old stuff), katie melua, jamie cullum, greenday, madonna, beatles, dreamtheater, lady gaga ROCKS, the entire soundtrack of Queen of the Damned, some old anastacia, Aqua (yes, I know.. lol), Roxette, Me first and the Gimme Gimmes, Del Amitri, Rihanna, Dire Straits, Elton John, Nickelback, Santana, Michael Jackson, Savage Garden, Ronan Keating, Blondie, Abba, Fleetwood Mac, Yes, Phil Collins, M People

Oh I also love the west end, so sarah brightman, Phantom of the Opera also Les Miserables and Cats

Wow sorry for the band dump! lol

xxx

wizadora [sign in to see picture]

Ok I've had a little sleepy think about it and I've compiled a little list of some of the people/bands/music I like to listen to - anyone that plays Rockband may recognise a few of these :)

green day, lady gaga, panic at the disco, marilyn manson, paramore, nightwish, evanescance, avenged sevenfold, weezer, the offspring, pink, john barrowman, boyzone, muse, all-american rejects, tim minchin, system of a down, linkin park, disturbed, stephen lynch, no doubt, jonathan coulton

x

tronic [sign in to see picture]

Mistress Cara wrote:

Blurry by Puddle of Mudd

Aha! I had forgotten this song existed, I am going to listen to it now! Thanks for the reminder! :D

tronic wrote:

Mistress Cara wrote:

Blurry by Puddle of Mudd

Aha! I had forgotten this song existed, I am going to listen to it now! Thanks for the reminder! :D

That's ok! My OH and I love it, he introduced me to them, the love between father and son is so powerful and that song always has me in tears! I'm lucky in that my OH is such a good daddy to our little boy, seeing them together is amazing.

Student20 [sign in to see picture]

Dethklok, the second greatest fictional band ever right after Spinal Tap.

Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]

Ecksvie wrote:

My favourite band is The Dresden Dolls, who describe themselves as punk cabaret. I'm not sure if they've disbanded but they've not done anything new in a while, and the lead singer Amanda Palmer has been doing a load of solo stuff which I also enjoy.

YES! Dresden Dolls are so so good. I'd love to see them live, but I'm sure they have actually split up up tbh.

Also like Designer Drugs for some filthy electro

Uh Boys Noize, RATM, Classic Crime, Sleeping At Last, really into VV Brown just now too, Simian Mobile Disco.

Always been a Muse fan too (although the latest album SUCKS!)

Oh and I adore A Fine Frenzy, and Postal Service.

Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]

Some of my favourites are

Lilly allen,

pink,

florence and the machine,

lady gaga,

bob marley,

ub40,

riannah

Oooh Bob Marley! Yes!

Maroon 5 another yes MC! and Savage Garden is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine! and Secret Smile! Love Brown Eyed Girl A LOT too MC!

There's a song by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs that I love but I don't remember the name!

Nickleback will always remind me of a wonderful summer - blasting out of the window, into the summer sun....

Suprisingly I quite like Blink 182 - don't know why I'm suprised - maybe 'cause they're more of a teenage boy thing in my area.

I had Tenacious D's first album too and loved "Tribute".

I secretly love The Libertines too.

The Sex Pistols - good call Mimi!

QUEEN! Has noone mentioned Queen yet?

I'll be embarrassed to admit I used to secretly love Eminem! I only remember this because someone mentioned Linkin Park and I loved their song with Eminem!

I'm yet to meet anyone that doesn't like MJ - but I must know why "Man in the Mirror" was so overplayed when he died - my favourite is "Smooth Criminal"!

I need to stop randomly remembering people - my list is WAY to long already!

Ax

20 mins or something by Yeah Yeah Yeahs? xx

Oooooooooh Bee Gees! Ok lots of people think they're sad maybe but they are so sweet and cool!

ALso Celine Dion has an ace voice.... and I love Black Eyes Blue Tears by Shania Twain... and Gonna Getcha

MC I grew up on Shania Twain and still get nostalgic! Black Eyes Blue Tears is a fave.

Another odd one for me is Black Eyed Peas - I love so many of there songs and I'm not sure why!

Ax

i forgot my chemical romance earlier and of course the cheese such as shania twain, b*witched, eros ramazotti, mcfly.....

shut up, just shut up, shut up... mmm black eyed peas! old style!

ooh chemical romance teenagers, that xmas song and of course black parade

oooooh yes, sure im an emo at heart hehe!!

Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]

Oooooo, soooooo much choice. Right now am into The Killers and alot of music from when I was young such as Placebo, Radiohead, Blur, The Verve and so much more. I will agree that the BEP are great though and although their new stuff isnt quite my style their older songs are classics.

I got the new Gorillaz album - Plastic Beach. It's actually really, really good.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.