• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. OA Music Lounge - Tell us your favourites & why!

Cara Sutra [sign in to see picture]

With the recent discussions in another thread about music, I though I would open up this subject. I have done a thread search and the other two music threads were about music to either sexily dance to or which turned you on sexually in some way.

This is different as I would be interested to know the lovely OA members favourite music types/bands/influences, also why they like to listen to them!

My favourite is P!nk, I just love her so much. The strong, independent attitude plus thumpingly good tunes (and an entirely too gorgeous body dancing away!) is just too good not to be favourite!

As well as Pink I also like a range of music such as Korn, The Beautiful South, Avril Lavigne, Jazz, basically if I can sing it and it's a tune, I like it!

xxx

WandA [sign in to see picture]

As said in the other thread really.

Soul, Motown, Jazz, Some R&B, Classic Rap... I like a lot of 'black music' strangely.

You is a gangsta innit boy know what im sayin'?

hehe yes I noticed that so thought would start a big dicussion!

Im a thread starter, a twisted thread starter!

Mistress Cara wrote:

You is a gangsta innit boy know what im sayin'?

hehe yes I noticed that so thought would start a big dicussion!

Im a thread starter, a twisted thread starter!

Gangsta Jazz, eetes da fyutaa!

Kinky geek [sign in to see picture]

Feelin' love by Laura Cole http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gv-0rZ_q-Y

bigbrownblowjobeyes [sign in to see picture]

I'm hugely eclectic depending on mood etc.

Some all time favourites include, Pogues (finally saw them live at Christmas - was amazing). Beatles, Ian Dury & the Blockheads, Duke Special, Tim Minchin for giggles, Madness, GreenDay, Skunk Anansie, UB40, Queen, Elvis, Scissor Sisters, The Proclaimers, Janet Jackson.

A brilliant recent discovery - Marseille Figs.

sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]

I could be here all day! I have a varied taste in music.

Garth Brooks, Decon Blue, Beautiful South, U2, Frank Sinatra, Pink, UB40, Bon Jovi, Matchbox 20, TLC, I could go on and on!

One of my favourites is a pretty unknown band, local to me called The Dykeenies. I think they are amazing!

sh4ag [sign in to see picture]

i like allsorts of music but at the moment am enjoyin aventura

tronic [sign in to see picture]

like nexas I have a smorgasbord of musical tipples currently.

last 7 days or so I have listened to alicia keys, alan parsons project, sunn O, eva cassidy, roy orbison, crossfade, some classical music as well when I am working at home.

Music is a wonderful thing, I will listen to most stuff, except the boyband blue or robbie williams, they just bug me. :)

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

I like anything but jazz and house music I just don't "get" either!

I love (in no particular order): Jimmy Eat World, REM, Van Morrison, Snow Patrol, Linkin Park, Muse, Audioslave, RATM, Blink 182, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Ten Years After, Eva Cassidy, Carol King, Stereophonics, The Killers, The Lost Prophets, Alanis Morissette, Offspring, Ash, Jay-Z, NERD, McFly (don't judge me, they rock and I wont hear a word against them), No Doubt, Manic Street Preachers, Barry White, Prince, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, Dire Straits.

I also love classical and opera but I wont bore anyone with that!

xxKPxx

Guilty secret: Chris de Burgh... but only the best of album. Lots of memories from it from my youth. Just listened to Tender Hands again, also love Missing You and High on Emotion.

Don't hate me.Lol

GrayMatter [sign in to see picture]

I like everything bar crap chart music. A big fan of electronic, punk, ska, metal, electro house, baltimore, fidget, dirty southern rap and chiptune.

Grimly Fiendish [sign in to see picture]

Its The Damned for me every time,also a load of old punk bands + sleazy rock bands from The Vibrators to the mighty AC/DC.

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

i wil listen to pretty much anything

mainly rock and metal, stuff that comes under that wide area though i wil listen to almost anything.

favorite bands are the rasmus, HIM and My Chemical Romance.

i did a blog on sexy songs, if anyone is interested http://mssweetscandyshop.blogspot.com/2010/03/music-has-always-been-very-important.html

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

My favourite band is The Dresden Dolls, who describe themselves as punk cabaret. I'm not sure if they've disbanded but they've not done anything new in a while, and the lead singer Amanda Palmer has been doing a load of solo stuff which I also enjoy.

I also listen to alot of musical soundtracks! A bit of rock also does it for me.

My MP3 player is quite embarrassing lol!

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

I'm one of those every day 'I listen to a little bit of everything' types. But lately it's a lot of:

• TV on the Radio
    • The new Kelis single
    • Brian Wilson
    • M.I.A
    • The Big Pink
    • The Band

And since watching the new Gaga video I have worn coke cans in my hair for funzies.

I feel so old... I've heard of practically no one people are talking about here.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I love everything - literally (well nearly!) WandA despairs - every time a song comes on que me "ooh I love this song"!

I like a lot of old rock - the older Metallica stuff, Alice Cooper, Led Zep, Thin Lizzy. The list goes on....

Though I'm not really a band follower - I usually love random songs from random artists and none of there "other" stuff.

I love Muse. Regina Spektor. Tim Minchin. Eva Cassidy.

I love Dolly Parton's Jolene.

I LOVE Hotel California.

I love Whisky in the Jar by Thin Lizzy.

I love Call me Al by Paul Simon.

I love Halleluja - most versions!

I LOVE Stairway to Heaven.

I love Friday I'm in Love.

There are so many random songs that I just love - as long as it's a bit different and is either rocky, or melodic, or beautiful or catchy then I love it!

Oh and I discovered Motown and Soul music via WandA and am in love with all that too now!

Our song is by Luther Vandross - When I need you....totally wasn't my kind of music 'til WandA introduced me to it and Luther Vandross' Dance with my Father will always make me cry!

Wow - sorry for the length of this hehe - I just love music!

Ax

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

Vandross is love. You need some Sam Cooke in your life, Andaw.

I've danced to Thin Lizzy's Dancing in the Moonlight with an innane grin more times than I can recall.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Youtube-d Sam Cooke - clicked "Wonderful World" and realised it's already one of my fave songs (my list of fave songs must be well into its hundreds hehe) but I never knew the name or artist - story of my musical life - I like so much of what I hear and I hear music I love in so many random places that I never know names of my favourite songs hehe!

Ax

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.