• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Give Yourself Over to Absolute Pleasure.....

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time last weekend.Tim Curry in heels was a bit of a revelation and it struck me as a very fitting film for the Orgasm Army....;)

sexycornishcouple [sign in to see picture]

lol you would be even more impressed watching a stage version. if the audicance knows the cues it can be great fun and every 1 gets dressed up. showed this film to my gf and she did not enjoy it quite as much i would of liked. she found it very strange. each to their own. Glad u liked it

It's strange viewing if you're of my generation and Richard O'Brien equals early memories of Crystal Maze...

Scary fact, he's 68

masterandslave [sign in to see picture]

Wowza! I loooooove Richard!! As a kid I avidly watched the crystal maze and always wanted to go on it to meet him and mumsy!!

When I first came across Rocky Horror, I found it a fantastic celebration of all things different. Blurring sexual boundries and Richard himself describes it as a modern retelling of the adam and eve story, with frank as the serpent.

If you even vaguely enjoyed the film you must go and see the stage show - it's touring at the moment rockyhorror.co.uk it's another level to the film, things are done very cleverly and with new aspects too (the bed scene has to be one of my faves!). If you have seen the stage show before - go again! It's got a few new jokes and aspects done differently to keep things fun, plus every audience makes each night a totally different kettle of fish!

some pointers if you fancy going!

1) you must dress up, if you don't you will be in a minority - even if it's a tuesday matinee, you will always see some chilly looking ladies and some men coming to terms with walking in heels! Be original too, whilst the official costumes might be an easy option you will find several people wearing the exact same outfit. Stand out! This is an opportunity to let your imagination fly! One of the most unusual costumes I've seen in the past was a man dressed completely in black, his face totally blacked up and the only thing standing out was his shocking red lips!

2) try to learn some of the words (at least the chorus to the time warp) so you can sing along at a moments notice! Don't worry too much if not - you can always go again!!

3) don't be scared to stand up and do the time warp, even if you don't know the moves - the lyrics to the song are instructions! "It's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right......." by the time you come to it again at the end of the show everyone will be on their feet! (It might be a good idea to move anything delicate right under your seat when this happens!)

4) do your homework - bring some props and learn your lines! although all food is now banned from the theatres (people used to throw rice at the wedding scene, and toast in the air when frank makes a toast - you will find your bag will be searched for any of these!) you can still wear a newspaper on your head when janet is sheltering from the rain, or snap and ping off frank's pink blood covered rubber gloves. As for the lines, this is your chance to get creative, while there are the usual things to shout when certain characters names are said a funny original line at the right moment will get a great laugh and rarely applause from frank himself! So watch the film and try to think up some witty lines to shout during the pauses. A regular one is; Janet - "I don't like men with too many muscles" Audience "JUST ONE BIG ONE"

5) make some new friends! follow the crowd of columbia's and brad's after the show into the nearest drinking establishment. Decide on your favourite costumes you spy, or count how many magenta's there are. Go and ask for a photo with them or start a conversation about where they found a certain part of their costume. They might look scary but you will find that they are often the nicest people around and always up for talking about anything rocky horror! You might even come across one of the forum members without realizing it! There is quite a crowd on here that have been to see it either for their first time or for their next fix!

Some wise words from Frank to finish....

"Don't dream it, be it......"

x

masterandslave [sign in to see picture]

Thank you Tigerlillies for making this post

x

Morbidia [sign in to see picture]

Knew M&S would write an essay on this ;)

I've loved Rocky Horror for as long as i can remember, probably why i have a fascination and a huge love for corsets and stockings, lol.

The stage show is indeed fab, one of the best experiences of my life, and im desperate to go again! lol

Pleased you got to watch it TL :) xx

Nexas wrote:

Tigerlilies wrote:

It's strange viewing if you're of my generation and Richard O'Brien equals early memories of Crystal Maze...

LOL It did the same to me ^_^' And originally when I saw Rocky for the first time (of many...many viewings) Tim Curry was Long John Silver from the Muppet Treasure Island :-p

Ahhh see, i was the same as others with the Richard O'Brien being from crystal maze, lol.

I am very keen to get my motley crew together for the show. Has anyone else been?

I found an excellent guide for Rocky virgins on general etiquette and dress here:

http://www.timewarp.org.uk/1virgins.htm

ah yeah, i've seen that site before, its really great ^_^

Cheers for the link M&S, the video on the shows site has informed that Michael Aspel was in the 2006 cast.....Christopher Biggins is set to play the narrator in Oxford this year.

When i saw it, the narrator was Ainsley Harriet, he was great at it ^_^

Anthony Stewart Head has played the doctor. Giles in drag? This keeps getting better.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I love Rocky Horror too! Though I've only ever been indirectly (my mum went about 8 months pregnant dressed as Magenta, her apron stuck right out at a right angle hehe!) I'd love to go! Lots of photos in my house of dad dressed in a corset - luckily they are all "away" hehe!

Shame WandA isn't interested.

Ax

Honeytongue [sign in to see picture]

Just thinking about Rocky Horror has brought a smile to my face. I saw it sooooo long ago for the first time that I was then shocked when Richard O'Brien started doing the Crystal Maze - Oh dear that does show my age. Mind you had a great time after the show and at a few themed parties - just going off for a dreamy smirk as I remember.

wizadora [sign in to see picture]

I miss the Crystal Maze - was my most favouritist show!! and I was introduced to Rocky by my current OH...must say, I couldn't have handled it when I was younger!!

lola69 [sign in to see picture]

i know what im watching tonight x love this film so much

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

You only just saw it for the first time? What have you been doing with your life? :P

I'm a major fan, and the stage version is absolutely amazing. I've been three times and I'm going for a fourth on the 30th. On my third time, I wondered whether it was just my memory and it wasn't going to live up to the hype I'd given it. It turned out to be a million times better than I had imagined it!

Columbus [sign in to see picture]

Tigerlilies wrote:

I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time last weekend.Tim Curry in heels was a bit of a revelation and it struck me as a very fitting film for the Orgasm Army....;)

This is my favourite film. I first saw it when I was 12 and have been hooked for the last twenty years! I've seen the stage version several times over the years too and am going again - and dressing up - in about weeks

Columbus [sign in to see picture]

Oh, that should read in about 6 weeks!

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.