• Not so sexy: Thrush and Cystitis/Bladder infections

    1298371653
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    I forgot to write that my doctor gave me antibiotics for UTI's. I've been given about 50 of them and have been told to take one after sex as a preventative. Has anyone heard of doing this? It seems to be helping as last night I could feel it going wonky and popped one and this morning 10 times better!!

    1298380769
    paradise found [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 81
    • Joined: 18 Jan 2010

    occhiverdi wrote:

    I forgot to write that my doctor gave me antibiotics for UTI's. I've been given about 50 of them and have been told to take one after sex as a preventative. Has anyone heard of doing this? It seems to be helping as last night I could feel it going wonky and popped one and this morning 10 times better!!

    Yes, sometimes women are given them to take every night as a preventative. Works well

    1298388620
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    paradise found wrote:

    occhiverdi wrote:

    I forgot to write that my doctor gave me antibiotics for UTI's. I've been given about 50 of them and have been told to take one after sex as a preventative. Has anyone heard of doing this? It seems to be helping as last night I could feel it going wonky and popped one and this morning 10 times better!!

    Yes, sometimes women are given them to take every night as a preventative. Works wellI

    Its worked wonders.... I felt it start to play up after a rather rough night last night and well.... feel good as new... wondering though does one pill every other day or so effect my birth control??

    1298389516
    paradise found [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 81
    • Joined: 18 Jan 2010

    occhiverdi wrote:

    paradise found wrote:

    occhiverdi wrote:

    I forgot to write that my doctor gave me antibiotics for UTI's. I've been given about 50 of them and have been told to take one after sex as a preventative. Has anyone heard of doing this? It seems to be helping as last night I could feel it going wonky and popped one and this morning 10 times better!!

    Yes, sometimes women are given them to take every night as a preventative. Works wellI

    Its worked wonders.... I felt it start to play up after a rather rough night last night and well.... feel good as new... wondering though does one pill every other day or so effect my birth control??

    Good question! I don't know, I do know they usually give you a different type of antibiotic that's just for treating UTIs but it's worth asking your doc

    1298390081
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    paradise found wrote:

    occhiverdi wrote:

    paradise found wrote:

    occhiverdi wrote:

    I forgot to write that my doctor gave me antibiotics for UTI's. I've been given about 50 of them and have been told to take one after sex as a preventative. Has anyone heard of doing this? It seems to be helping as last night I could feel it going wonky and popped one and this morning 10 times better!!

    Yes, sometimes women are given them to take every night as a preventative. Works wellI

    Its worked wonders.... I felt it start to play up after a rather rough night last night and well.... feel good as new... wondering though does one pill every other day or so effect my birth control??

    Good question! I don't know, I do know they usually give you a different type of antibiotic that's just for treating UTIs but it's worth asking your doc

    well she gave me it in full knowledge we rely on BCP for protection.... woops!!!!

    1298390531
    paradise found [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 81
    • Joined: 18 Jan 2010

    violeteyes wrote:

    where can i buy cranberry capsules? i havnt found them in my local boots or holland and barrats

    Both places usually have them. I buy mine from Healthspan online, at the moment they are half price, free delivery

    1298390639
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    i get mine in boots, they are seven seas I think... reminds me need to buy them again... how many do you take paradise?? I take 6 a day!

    1298394214
    paradise found [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 81
    • Joined: 18 Jan 2010

    occhiverdi wrote:

    i get mine in boots, they are seven seas I think... reminds me need to buy them again... how many do you take paradise?? I take 6 a day!

    The ones I take are very concentrated, 10,000mg equal to 277mg concentrated cranberry extract. I take two every morning

    1298395870
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    ooh may look them out

    1298398570
    paradise found [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 81
    • Joined: 18 Jan 2010

    occhiverdi wrote:

    ooh may look them out

    At the moment (for next 7 days I think) they are half price, £4.45 for 120

    1298400863
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    will get them pay day!

    1303654165
    SweetSubmission [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 439
    • Joined: 7 Sep 2009

    occhiverdi wrote:

    paradise found wrote:

    occhiverdi wrote:

    paradise found wrote:

    occhiverdi wrote:

    I forgot to write that my doctor gave me antibiotics for UTI's. I've been given about 50 of them and have been told to take one after sex as a preventative. Has anyone heard of doing this? It seems to be helping as last night I could feel it going wonky and popped one and this morning 10 times better!!

    Yes, sometimes women are given them to take every night as a preventative. Works wellI

    Its worked wonders.... I felt it start to play up after a rather rough night last night and well.... feel good as new... wondering though does one pill every other day or so effect my birth control??

    Good question! I don't know, I do know they usually give you a different type of antibiotic that's just for treating UTIs but it's worth asking your doc

    well she gave me it in full knowledge we rely on BCP for protection.... woops!!!!

    I am on the contraceptive pill, and I take long term low dose antibiotics to guard against chronic cystitis, which I've suffered from since I was about 11. A medicine prescribed for use in this way is also known as a prophylactic.

    It's ok - the only reason antibiotics are said to cause problems with the pill is because they give some people an upset stomach sometimes, which means your pill can go straight through you without being absorbed, and hence not work. As long as you've not had any upset stomach type symptoms, you're fine.

    I'm out of antibiotics at the moment having moved house and registered with a new doctor, it's taking a while to get it all sorted, and as a result I'm having a terrible cystitis day today. Owwww. Grump.

    SS xx

    1303654653
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    oh no SS... im having a grump day and the additional ongoing pain I seem to be feeling coming on isnt helping... not a happy bunny....

    what antib's do you take?

    1303655061
    SweetSubmission [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 439
    • Joined: 7 Sep 2009

    At least we can grump together! I've tried all sorts, some had the delightful side effect of giving me thrush. Cefalexin was a nightmare for this, so was amoxycillin, but I'm alright with trimethoprim, so I take that now. And bucket loads of mint tea. What about you?

    SS xx

    1303655764
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    I have Nitrofurantoin, its really strong and wiped me out on a 3 day course.... I try not to take it too much as I don't want my pill effected.

    Im in major grump today.... OH is having a bro before ho moment!!

    1303656082
    SweetSubmission [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 439
    • Joined: 7 Sep 2009

    I've not tried that one, I might ask my doctor if I can give it a go. What's the deal with your OH? You ok?

    SS xx

    1303656489
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    yeah hes hungover in Bristol (we live in london) was meant to come back this morning... just a bit upset as he doesnt really do it and I dont want to stomp all over his bromance time... but I kinda wanted two days with him thats not interrupted by work or life... lol... (spoilt brat mode)

    She gave me the pills, they are really really strong.... and I don't think they even cleared up the infection as I think its back "sigh"...

    I got treated for PID and it cleared up a lot of the pain.

    1303663335
    SweetSubmission [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 439
    • Joined: 7 Sep 2009

    I do have chat, but it doesn't seem to be working properly - we're friends and yet I can't see you...

    SS xx

    1303825414
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    SweetSubmission wrote:

    I do have chat, but it doesn't seem to be working properly - we're friends and yet I can't see you...

    SS xx

    Didn't mean to ignore you, I didn't see this until now. Well I think I need a 3 day course but don't want to mess up my pill *boooo*.... water and cranberry it is for now!

    1303826399
    Laveila [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2022
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2010

    I have trush infection. It started at the end of January - beginning of February after my period and I treated it. Both my previous experience was that was alway enough, but yes, it came back month and half later, which my doctor gave me treatment for trush combined with antibiotics, in case I had a streptococ in as well and my partner treated himself as well. All seemed fine, until my journey back tu uk, where I started to feel it may be coming back and yes it is back in full power. I am trying another medicament, slightly different. But I feel extremely down, of course now my sex life with my OH is basically no existent, apart from me giving him blowjob. And him massaging my back. Considering its a third time in basically 3 and half months I am really desperate, as I only get relief till the next period at which point when my hormonos go up it is just back First time it was just after period, the period after that one was very mild problem which went away after 2 days, a week before the next one I was in hell. I am nearing the 4th since the beginning of the problem and yes, its back in full power, it was back the moment I also noticed a radical change in skin quality - clear sign for me that my hormonal levels are up and I experienced menstruation like pain.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.