99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Not so sexy: Thrush and Cystitis/Bladder infections

    1294268841
    prisonedkiss_uk [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 20
    • Joined: 3 Jul 2009

    are u suing any think in ur bath or shower? just my friend can't have any kind of products in her bath, she uses simple soap and the washes her hair over the tub. since she started doing that she gets it less

    1294282072
    sxe_couple21 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 302
    • Joined: 31 Jul 2007

    I avoid anything with the slightest hint of perfume etc.

    1294282539
    Tupperwareheart [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 199
    • Joined: 2 Jun 2010

    I know this is probably a ridiculous question.. But have you had it confirmed by swab that it's Thrush each time you get the symptoms?

    1294327382
    sxe_couple21 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 302
    • Joined: 31 Jul 2007

    Not each time, but enough.

    1294601870
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    Tupperwareheart wrote:

    I know this is probably a ridiculous question.. But have you had it confirmed by swab that it's Thrush each time you get the symptoms?

    I know its totally invasive but have you been tested for STI's? When I was 18 I had "recurring thrush" turned out to be chlymidia.....

    if it is thrush... id ask for a new doctor or change clinic as someone is just wasting your time and pumping you with medication.

    I never use cream for thrust, I use the over the counter once pill and use activbalance or balance activ... anyway its over the counter and is for bacterial vaginitus... works wonders :D

    1294928730
    Lady-J [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 77
    • Joined: 27 Sep 2010

    Hi.

    Need some help or advice.......

    Had to go doctors twice yesterday as really not well, had to do a urine sample and it turned out ive got a water infection

    Can anyone tell me what is the difference between a urine infection and a wtaer infection?

    up till now ive always suffered with urine infections, the last time i had a water infection was 7 years ago when i was pregnant with my son.

    im really confused what the difference is? or is it just the same

    1294930331
    BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 716
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    Think urine infections (or urinary tract infections) are ones that are at any point along the whole urinary tract, but water infections are the same thing just specifically in the bladder. Could be way off there though.

    1294930703
    sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 526
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2009

    Jade as far as I'm aware a water infection, UTI and cystitis are all the same and just different terms for an infection of the bladder, however I'm not a doctor so don't hold me to this! Just had lots of experience in the matter. Sure I posted what happened to me earlier in the thread.

    Hope you feel better soon, infections suck. x

    1294931031
    Lady-J [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 77
    • Joined: 27 Sep 2010

    sexy little minx wrote:

    Jade as far as I'm aware a water infection, UTI and cystitis are all the same and just different terms for an infection of the bladder, however I'm not a doctor so don't hold me to this! Just had lots of experience in the matter. Sure I posted what happened to me earlier in the thread.

    Hope you feel better soon, infections suck. x

    Thanks hun

    thank you for that advice, hopefully these antibiotics will start to kick in soon

    1294931076
    Lady-J [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 77
    • Joined: 27 Sep 2010

    BashfulBabe wrote:

    Think urine infections (or urinary tract infections) are ones that are at any point along the whole urinary tract, but water infections are the same thing just specifically in the bladder. Could be way off there though.

    thanks hun

    thanks for the advice

    1295031993
    Lady-J [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 77
    • Joined: 27 Sep 2010

    Still got this water infection and its getting me down now as keeping going toilet and it really hurts but also got a lot of pressure too and its making me bloated. i just wish it would hurry up and go away so i can go back to normal

    1295032062
    Lady-J [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 77
    • Joined: 27 Sep 2010

    Also im not too sure if im pregnant or not as havent come on and its really getting to me

    1295036435

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    oops i hope your ok soon jade and all is back to normal again xx

    1295036515
    Lady-J [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 77
    • Joined: 27 Sep 2010

    lickmadick wrote:

    oops i hope your ok soon jade and all is back to normal again xx

    thanks hun

    i hope it goes soon xxxxx

    1295103175
    Tupperwareheart [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 199
    • Joined: 2 Jun 2010

    Hope things are on the mend for you soon, Jade xx

    Got a really embarrassing question, cant believe i'm asking this.. but when you guys get really severe UTIs, do you ever notice slight.. umm.. leaking? *hides from the shame*

    Can't wait for my 3rd UTI since Christmas to go...

    Love to all in pain! xx

    1295127446
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    Tupperwareheart wrote:

    Hope things are on the mend for you soon, Jade xx

    Got a really embarrassing question, cant believe i'm asking this.. but when you guys get really severe UTIs, do you ever notice slight.. umm.. leaking? *hides from the shame*

    Can't wait for my 3rd UTI since Christmas to go...

    Love to all in pain! xx

    Yep.... no shame here!!! I would go wee... stand up and a teeny bit would come out... I also leaked and decided that I was becoming incontinent... turns out it was just the strain on the bladder.

    Have you been to the doc about your UTI's? Mine have stopped by religiously taking cranberry capsules daily (you can get them in boots).. I take 2 a day but if I feel that a UTI may be sneaking up on me I take upto 6 in a day (which I think is the max). I also try and drink too much water if that makes sense, I can drink upto 2.5-3 litres a day so I literally pee loads but it seems to work and the doc told me its a great way to flush out my system.

    But yeah i leaked and relied on panty liners. It stops when the UTI goes though....

    1297464830
    Tupperwareheart [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 199
    • Joined: 2 Jun 2010

    Ahh thank you so much, i was beginning to feel i was the only one!

    I have been to the doctors, they're pretty convinced i have Intersistal Cystitis which is a condition that pretty much means you feel like you have a UTI all the time. Doesn't really explain why recently i've been getting full blown UTIs so frequently as well though..

    I'm so gutted, i was finally feeling better and getting all ready for a Valentine's weekend with the OH. Now i feel like i have *another* infection coming on and i'm going to have to hang on til Monday to get any antibiotics for it. Ouch. Think i'll have to be trying the cranberry tip...

    1297520276
    paradise found [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 81
    • Joined: 18 Jan 2010

    Tupperwareheart wrote:

    Ahh thank you so much, i was beginning to feel i was the only one!

    I have been to the doctors, they're pretty convinced i have Intersistal Cystitis which is a condition that pretty much means you feel like you have a UTI all the time. Doesn't really explain why recently i've been getting full blown UTIs so frequently as well though..

    I'm so gutted, i was finally feeling better and getting all ready for a Valentine's weekend with the OH. Now i feel like i have *another* infection coming on and i'm going to have to hang on til Monday to get any antibiotics for it. Ouch. Think i'll have to be trying the cranberry tip...

    I have a long history of cystitis and UTIs, here's what I've learned over the years. ALWAYS empty your bladder immediately before and after sex. I know it's not very sexy to go rushing off to the toilet as soon as you finish but it's better in the long run. If you do feel like you are getting an infection treat it at the first possible opportunity. I do keep sachets of cystopurin or similar in the house but tbh I find bicarbonate of soda to be more effective and cheaper too. Take half a teaspoon in a glass of water. Try to drink lots of water, cranberry juice is good too.

    Also, I take cranberry tablets every day and I haven't had an infection since taking them - more than a year I'd say

    1297624514
    occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 687
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2010

    i love cranberry capsules... im think i will have to go back on them!! I was talking to a mate today who said she hanged lube and her UTi's vanished!

    1297626062

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2373
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    and don't forget to splash on some yohurt too

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.