• Not so sexy: Thrush and Cystitis/Bladder infections

littlepixi [sign in to see picture]

ah i see i didnt know what in clinics did that or family planning ill have to pop in during the week ive had it for a while but it comes and then goes so i thought nothing of it but now im getting really fed up! Thank you! xxx

toxycat [sign in to see picture]

yeah get it checked just in case.............i had a really bad bout once and was in agony.............makes u feel terrible!!

I more susceptable to them as i have an IUD fitted..........so used to get urine infections/cystitis alot........thankfully not as much now........i always have a box of the sachets though handy in my cupboard if i feel a bout coming on...............you can get it from simply having rough sex!!!

heres a link that gives u loads of info on it!!

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/cystitis.htm

another good tip is drink loads of water.......helps flush the bladder out!!

toxycat wrote:

yeah get it checked just in case.............i had a really bad bout once and was in agony.............makes u feel terrible!!

I more susceptable to them as i have an IUD fitted..........so used to get urine infections/cystitis alot........thankfully not as much now........i always have a box of the sachets though handy in my cupboard if i feel a bout coming on...............you can get it from simply having rough sex!!!

heres a link that gives u loads of info on it!!

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/cystitis.htm

another good tip is drink loads of water.......helps flush the bladder out!!

i think that could be it cos it starts to go away then when i see my OH it comes back just as bad! and IUD is that the implant in your arm? cos ive got that too and its been since ive had it :/. what are the sachets called so i can keep my eye out for them or are they perscribed? xxx

toxycat [sign in to see picture]

no an IUD is a coil that is fitted internally...........completely different. There are loads of sachets on the market the most well known ones are Cymalon or Caneston Oasis.........basically in a powder format and you just dissolve in a glass of water. Help ease the symptoms.

ah i see i shall take a trip to boots when im town and have a look thank you very much for the advice! xxx

SaucyCilla [sign in to see picture]

can't really help with the UTI, but the yeast there are a fwe things that can help. If I feel a yeastie beastie sneaking up on me, I peel one clove of garlic and put it in there, usually helps. Not sure about when it's really bad, but it's good to nip it in the bud with, so to speak. Natural yougurt can help with the itching as well, both internally and on the outside, though it's a bit messy. I've also heard good things about gentian violet and boric acid(not the strong stuff, about 2%), though I havent tried either myself yet.

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

I went through a patch of getting loads of UTIs, it was so annoying. At the time I didnt get why, but looking back, as soon as I went off my pill they stopped.

This doesnt happen for everyone but I found that the pill just didnt work for me at all.

chickp [sign in to see picture]

Um...just to say to thrush suffers, i have the same problem. I've bought a mooncup to use instead of tampons as it's supposedly chemical free and stops this problem. I noticed the tampons seem to always bring on the thrush *sigh*. Can't say if it's any good myself yet as my periods are suddenly being ridiculously far apart, it's had good reviews tho...

Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]

I've got thrush atm Been using cream today, if it's no better tomorrow i will have to go and get something different, Chickp i tried the mooncup and my flow was too much for it, i would fill it within an hour i do have really heavy periods though x

wenchiepie [sign in to see picture]

well i've managed to avoid the problem for 7 months of lots of sex, but i think my body may have finally succumbed to the thrush/cystitis monster after a week long love-in.....

quick q, should i avoid sex while i'm waiting for it to go away?

chels18 [sign in to see picture]

sxe_couple21 wrote:

Sorry to decrease the general sexiness of the board however I need some advice.

I seem ridiculously prone to thrush, ATM its around once a month. I follow all of the usualy guidelines but it doesn't seem to make a difference. As the leaflets inside of Cannestan etc. suggest I went to the docs as I was having it so frequently. He basically shrugged his shoulders and said some people get it that often.

Now, it took a while for me to find out that Glycerin can be a problem (thanks LH!) and thats cut out, but what else? Cranberry juice can actually be unhelpful because of the amount of added sugar in it etc.

Currently I have a bladder infection (I pee every time after sex) which won't go away and the Anti-biotics the doc put me on caused thrush (it was listed in the side effects). Again I went back again as neither have gone and he's sent my sample off for testing but basically hasn't helped beyond that and I'm in a fair bit of pain and passing blood.

Help!

Have you had an ultrasound? You could have a cyst somewhere down there which is causing you problems! I had a large one on my right ovary which they found by mistake but I was getting bladder infections, discharge, itchyness now and then as well as pain, bleeding and god knows what else!!

Thrust ISNT something you have to live with. Go to a different doctor if you have to and ask for medication which doesn't cause you thrush.

Cranberry juice is more to prevent bladder infections, just drink LOADS of water, wee into the shower with it running onto you to releave the pain and go back to your doctors OVER AND OVER again until they sort it out!!!

x

Minxbaby [sign in to see picture]

We both had thrush the other week - and both really suffered with it - never had it so bad.

Cream didn't work and I ended up at the dr - he basically told me that I was borderline diabetic (I have routine blood tests for other medication and had two high sugar ones in two years).

He prescribed me the tablet and more cream - and I bought hub an OTC pill.

It's gone now, but wow - it was really painful!

Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]

I found out i didn't have thrush! I had an irritation, thought it was thrush, used the cream and had an allergic reaction to it didn't know and it was getting worse, stopped using the cream and it was fine a week later!

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

Did the doctor recommend a diabeties test? Recurrent thrush can be a symptom because of the increased sugar in the urine.

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

I'd definitely look at your diet to start -

More pure cranberry stuff

Less yeast, less sugar, low GI (less things that you body breaks down into sugar easily, like floury potato, white rice, white bread, etc)

I had it, couldn't shift it even with creams, and it did turn out to be down to my blood sugar levels. Sorted my diet and it went away.

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

Oh, forgot - alcohol breaks down into sugary-type compounds as well.

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

I get cystitus/thrush all the time.

I actually ended up with a full blown kidney infection after ignoring recurring UTI's... the cranberry capsules (way stronger than juice) were masking the infection making me think it had healed!

sxe_couple21 [sign in to see picture]

Time for a second opinion I feel, it seems to be never ending!

Lady-J [sign in to see picture]

hi

just like to say ur not the only one that suffers, i too get alot of it and my GP says there is nothing they can do and just put me on antibiotics. i also suffer with cysts on the ovaries but they get to a certain size and then pop. my doctor told me i am prone to them,

Seduced [sign in to see picture]

Lady-J wrote:

hi

just like to say ur not the only one that suffers, i too get alot of it and my GP says there is nothing they can do and just put me on antibiotics. i also suffer with cysts on the ovaries but they get to a certain size and then pop. my doctor told me i am prone to them,

And I see her go through hell with them time after time again! Poor Lady-J!

Good job you have me to look after you sweetie xxxxxx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.