99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Tampon Bleaching. Do not want.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

There is a pill out there for every women! There are so many different types. I've been on Ovranette, Microgynon 30 and Yasmin. Microgynon was the worst for my libido and Yasmin the best so far. Certain things trigger certain side effects so if you tell your doctor you had issues with libido they may know just the few pills to try you out on.

Obviously it's your choice, just worth mentioning!

Ax

Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]

Thanks you two, he is an angel! He is so lovely i! I think i'll go and have a chat with the Dr, the pill i was on was brilliant at controling my spots too (another side effect of pcos) and they are really getting me down at the moment. xxx

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

i can;t use tampons as they hurt and make crapmipng worse for me, so its not really an issue in that sense

im glad we have that level of consumer protection, though im not gonna spend extra money on organic sanitrary prdoduct when you just throw them away!

i used to have really bad periods too, (age and genetics) changing pads every hour or so and being physically sick from it, so i dont think the mooncup would be suitable either.

Twinkle-toes [sign in to see picture]

H,

New here and just nosing around the forums, and thought I'd give my thoughts on the Mooncup. I've had one for 9 years now and absolutely love it. Would never go back to tampons. I have fairly heavy periods for the first couple of days at least, and I find it copes very well, although I use panty-liners just in case I get a leak. Tends to only leak overnight when I'm lying down anyway. I find my flow is less than with tampons, as there is no "drawing" into the tampon material itself, there is also much less cramping/pain too. As for washing in public loos, I only really need to empty it a few times a day, so manage to do it at home most times. You shouldn't need to take it out every time you use the loo. It can be a little messy at first, but you can wipe with baby wipes rather than washing if you are out and about. No getting caught out without supplies either, as once its "in" you don't need to carry any extras with you.

I'd recommend anyone to try one. They are perhaps a little expensive to buy, but think of the money you'll save in tampons. Not sure how much a pack of tampons are these days, but I would go through almost a large box every month, so my mooncup has paid for itself over and over again since I bought it. It is also heathier for you and greener too.

Miss Pussycat [sign in to see picture]

Tigerlilies wrote:

Sexy subject, I know, but has anyone else read up on this? It's a worrying issue and one that concerns sanitary pads too.

Some of these products contain a chemical called Dioxin. Our vaginal juices are very absorbent and this chemical, which is part of the same family as Agent Orange, is being absorbed into our systems. Rhesus monkeys exposed to excess Dioxin showed an increased incidence of endometriosis.

I wondered why we don't hear more about this but tampon companies select who does their research and the FDA base their findings on these hand picked, pro tampon, scientist.

There's a great article on the subject, with many studies to be found here

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/The_Dangers_of_Tampons_Chlorine_Bleaching_and_Dioxin.html

Some companies are now selling tampons made of 100% organic cotton. Organic products are free of chemical sprays, fragrances and dyes (to make your tampon whiter)

Natracare is a British company that makes organic hygiene products. So far they can only be bought in Waitrose, unless you go online: http://www.natracare.com/en-GB/ They're friendly to the Earth as well.

There's also Cottons, available at selected Boots and Morrisons stores which are also bio-degradable.

http://www.cottonsbrands.co.uk/info/products/tampons.php

I'm not a tampon fan, but I'm glad that there are now natural alternatives for towels and liners. If anyone knows or has used these brands or any otheres, let me know.

Do you think the current tampons will be something our daughters will look back on with disbelief?

This is one of the reasons I have not used disposable sanitary items for many years. I use a mooncup, so much easier, cleaner, healthier, cheaper and good for the environment too.

http://www.mooncup.co.uk/

Amykins [sign in to see picture]

Wow i didn't realise all the chemicals. I will have to keep it in mind.

never heard of mooncups before, do they sell them in the shops?

ILovemyman, I have been on the pill for about 6 years. I used to get heavy periods before i was on them, with lots of pain (and i mean lots until i was vomiting). I've been off the pill for a few months now and my periods doesn't seem that bad now compared to what they use to be like and it seems like i get the same amount of blood as when i was on the pill break every month.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Amykins wrote:

ILovemyman, I have been on the pill for about 6 years. I used to get heavy periods before i was on them, with lots of pain (and i mean lots until i was vomiting). I've been off the pill for a few months now and my periods doesn't seem that bad now compared to what they use to be like and it seems like i get the same amount of blood as when i was on the pill break every month.

Boots do the mooncup apparently and here is the official site.

Cara Sutra [sign in to see picture]

Hella Rouge (LH) wrote:

If I wasn't so bloody scared of blood, I'd get a moon cup.

As for the pill issue. Try Celeste, it's my saviour. My skin is better, I can control what happens when and *checks* no, no baby yet!

I used to be on Celeste! Yes started it for skin reasons too. And, well, it's a contraceptive. Lol

WandA wrote:

Amykins wrote:

Thanks wanda! i will have a look it would save ££££ , i could then treat myself to a vibe! hahaha!

WandA wrote:

Amykins wrote:

Thanks wanda! i will have a look it would save ££££ , i could then treat myself to a vibe! hahaha!

WandA [sign in to see picture]

You're welcome. Its popped up on a couple of threads so there might be more info somewhere... I just couldn't find the thread itwas on properly.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.