1. Kegel balls during pregnancy?

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

I have looked all over for the answer for this and the results were around 50/50 🤦🏼‍♀️ And the midwife didn’t even know what they were, even after explaining 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ So is it safe to use kegel balls (same weight that has been used prior to pregnancy) during pregnancy? All toys are always thoroughly cleaned so no concern there.

hampshirecouple [sign in to see picture]

If your midwife doesn't know it would be unwise to take advice from a internet forum...ask midwife to research for you

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

There are more than likely healthcare professionals here who can answer my question, or women who have had the answer from their own midwives in the past.

Delboy1991 [sign in to see picture]

I don't know if you are suppose to as not a doc, but I didn't really. Not for their purpose anywah.. I thought tightening that area up before having a baby wasn't a good idea. Although after they have become a massive hit. We did use them the odd few times to help with making me wet ect before hand but not for daily training.

NotthatKevin [sign in to see picture]

As per https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pregnancy-exercise/ , it's fine (and indeed beneficial) to exercise your pelvic floor during pregnancy. Good pelvic floor tone isn't an obstacle to labour. I'd be slightly surprised if your midwife isn't aware that weighted vaginal cones can be prescribed for pelvic floor exercises, though the term 'Kegels' is probably less used in the UK than the US. While you are pregnant the fetus is protected by a mucus plug at the cervix and the amniotic membranes, so provided you follow basic hygiene, toys designed for vaginal insertion are fine. [Medic, though not an obstetrician (or a midwife)]

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.