£4.99 Sunday delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Looking for a stool/step

MightyFool [sign in to see picture]

Hi all, my OH and I recently got a new bed and, while good, the matress is a bit bigger than our old one. This is a problem, as one of my OH's favourite positions is doggy, her on the bed, me standing next to it. We both find it a bit uncomfy being on the bed together, so this was ideal.

However, it it now uncomfortable to do it that way, because of the height increase. I have to stand on my tiptoes to get even slightly comfy (for reference I'm about 6' 1"), which ends up limiting what we can do.

I've been looking for a small stool/step to remedy this, but I've not had much luck. Most things I've seen are either too high, not sturdy looking or metal. Has anyone seen/got something like this that could tell me where they got it or, if I have to resort to making my own, any advice for that?

Thanks all!

K&c30's [sign in to see picture]

I am so sorry all i can think now is suggesting the yellow pages. I have a really childish giggle going on now.

I think any sort of stool would present a slight problem as its a lot of movement so you would have to make it a sturdy one. By the way welcome to the forums

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

Hi there, how about an ottoman that you can kneel on. If you type ottoman in google lots of options will come up :)

maxandmeg [sign in to see picture]

How about one of those fitness step up things. Can't be too expensive and probably reasonably sturdy too.
    Without looking I'd hazard a guess Argos would sell something like that.

Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]

It would be easy to make something.

2 pieces of 16mm thick MDF of what ever dimentions you think would be best. I would say 600mm x 600mm, to make it so it does not feel like you are going to step off it during use ( That could be uncomfortable) Then use the 2 pieces to sandwich some soft wood battons of the correct size to make up the height maybe 3 by 2 would do it.

Easy to do, easy to get the materials, not joints to make, just a few screws, no pun intended.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

maxandmeg wrote:

How about one of those fitness step up things. Can't be too expensive and probably reasonably sturdy too.
    Without looking I'd hazard a guess Argos would sell something like that.

I think this is a good idea!
    VR [sign in to see picture]

I have an aerobic step-up step for doggy and find it brilliant. It's sturdy and doesn't slide around. Bought originally to make getting in and out of the bath easier.

I got mine for a tenner in Tesco a few years ago and it has the added bonus of having little adjuster blocks to adjust the height.

collector [sign in to see picture]

VR wrote:

I have an aerobic step-up step for doggy and find it brilliant. It's sturdy and doesn't slide around. Bought originally to make getting in and out of the bath easier.

I got mine for a tenner in Tesco a few years ago and it has the added bonus of having little adjuster blocks to adjust the height.

And now I can’t get the vision out of my head of performing doggy and step aerobics at the same time.

MightyFool [sign in to see picture]

Thanks all, going to have a look into those aerobic steps. Failing that, it's off to B&Q!

P H [sign in to see picture]

Well my solution is simple, buy yourself a pair of high heels, if you really need the hight get platforms. And you will be secretly turned on wearing them

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.