99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Is Flavoured Lube Safe

Red Lightning [sign in to see picture]

So I was trying to give some advice to a friend who finds it physically difficult to go down on a girl. The smell and taste makes him gag if he's at it for too long, so I suggested trying flavoured lube. I was then told not to because of the risk of yeast infection.

Just been cruising around the lube section on here, and lovehoney's own and durex seem to both confirm their suitable for a vagina. However some others don't confirm this, and just say it's purpose is for oral. Is that just on a guy, or a woman too? Has anyone had any issues with flavoured lube?

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

It's a personal choice, and there is an increase risk of infection.

The increased risk is because flavoured lubes contain sugars that for some people will lead to infection .

And that's the point really, for some people it will and for.some people it won't. So if any if the intended users have a low immune system or are susceptible to UTI etc then best steer clear.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

I’ve had issues with Durex’s lubes in general but I would definitely not recommend using their flavoured ones on a vagina. The reason being the same as Sub said, the sugars. The ingredient that you want to avoid is glycerin. It’s not good for vaginas and it’s one of the main ingredients in their flavoured products. They also taste very artificial so I wouldn’t recommend them for taste purposes anyway.

Lovehoney’s flavoured lubes have never given me any problems. They are glycerin and propylene glycol free and both of these ingredients can be problematic for some people. I’d happily suggest Lovehoney’s own lubes and the strawberry is our favourite.

If he wants to play extra safe, he could try one of Sliquid’s flavoured lubricants. I like this one https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38598 but all of them are pretty good. Sliquid make their lubes from the most natural ingredients possible, they don’t taste artificial and I’ve never had any issues with irritation or infection afterwards. It’s one of the first brands that I think of when someone asks for a vagina friendly lube recommendation.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

NatandTom wrote:

I’ve had issues with Durex’s lubes in general but I would definitely not recommend using their flavoured ones on a vagina. The reason being the same as Sub said, the sugars. The ingredient that you want to avoid is glycerin. It’s not good for vaginas and it’s one of the main ingredients in their flavoured products. They also taste very artificial so I wouldn’t recommend them for taste purposes anyway.

Lovehoney’s flavoured lubes have never given me any problems. They are glycerin and propylene glycol free and both of these ingredients can be problematic for some people. I’d happily suggest Lovehoney’s own lubes and the strawberry is our favourite.

If he wants to play extra safe, he could try one of Sliquid’s flavoured lubricants. I like this one https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38598 but all of them are pretty good. Sliquid make their lubes from the most natural ingredients possible, they don’t taste artificial and I’ve never had any issues with irritation or infection afterwards. It’s one of the first brands that I think of when someone asks for a vagina friendly lube recommendation.

Echoing N&T

Not all flavoured lubes contain sugars, so not all flavoured lubes increase the risk of a yeast infection. 

Stick with Lovehoney or Sliquid lubes for tasty, safe oral :) 

I would also ask your friend if they have always had this problem with giving head, or if it's just with their current partner? 

A happy, healthy vagina shouldn't smell bad. A bad smell or taste could be a sign of an underlying issue which the vagina-owner needs to get checked out. 

Red Lightning [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for all the replies. I'll relay this information over to him.

Apparently it's an issue he has with all vaginas.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.