• I don't masturabate. That's digusting.

bipple [sign in to see picture]

my wife says that she thinks that it is discusting, even though I know she has. but she very rarely does it and when i try to talk to here about it, she just clams up. i try to be open to her and tell her that i do it and there is nothing wrong with it, in fact it can improve you sex life, but i think that her upbringing had something to do with it. she's not religous but her parents just shied away from all sex issues and it means that she is very shy when it comes to talking about sex. even though we have been together 17 yrs she still won't talk about it, which i think is a shame.

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

No shame in the act. It's sex with someone I love. x

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

I can understand the embarassment factor, with my upbringing leaning the way of sex being 'dirty' and something only for a man and wife, and even then only for baby-making (or his pleasure, because men are baser animals and have needs us women don't, apparently), there was a bit of a mental block. It's perfectly silly to say "I was embarassed in front of myself", but that's exactly what it was like: didn't matter that no one could see me, or that no one would know, I still found myself paralysed with blushes and cringing if I even thought about trying anything. I actually had sex before I masturbated (the odd exploratory poke and giggle never got me passed that embarassment), and even then it was very limited, pretty much just mimicing what I'd felt and liked during sex. It was years before I discovered what I liked and found the ability to do it without feeling silly, and even longer before I was able to bring myself to experiment further.

I'm much happier now than I was, because I'm feeling more comfortable with my own body and myself. Whatever about us adults doing it for pleasure, it should be encouraged in younger folk who need to be able to explore their own bodies and learn how they work without feeling sick with guilt or shame. Plus, I have slept with a lot of guys because it was easier for me to go pick up some randomer than go home and play with myself, so going by my case, encouraging masturbation would actually decrease promiscuity, as opposed to promoting it like certain folk would have us believe.

Bubblemagic [sign in to see picture]

See! There was me thinking I was the only one in the World who had such an upbringing. Tell you what though it's really affected our sex life enormously.

bipple wrote:

my wife says that she thinks that it is discusting, even though I know she has. but she very rarely does it and when i try to talk to here about it, she just clams up. i try to be open to her and tell her that i do it and there is nothing wrong with it, in fact it can improve you sex life, but i think that her upbringing had something to do with it. she's not religous but her parents just shied away from all sex issues and it means that she is very shy when it comes to talking about sex. even though we have been together 17 yrs she still won't talk about it, which i think is a shame.

bipple [sign in to see picture]

i know what you mean, our sex life is sparse to say the least. when i try and talk about it she just clams up. reagrdless of this though i still love her and hope that oneday she can be more open about it and enjoy it more. i live in hope!!

GHxx [sign in to see picture]

Tigerlilies wrote:

No shame in the act. It's sex with someone I love. x

couldn't have said it better myself!!!

I masturbate more than i have sex, i don't think I'm on my own on that one.

Everyone has to give themselves a bit of love it makes it a lot easier to show somebody else what you like!!

xGHx

prettyblueeyes [sign in to see picture]

Well i don't think there is any thing wrong with it............. a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do................ it can also help a guy out when they are not sure what feels nicer to you

Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]

I agree with you there HS about it seeming to be more taboo for women rather than men but then there are more sex toys out there for famale masterbation than there are male...... go figure lol

*AdamKR* [sign in to see picture]

as the saying goes - there are 2 types of people, wankers and liars! lol

but on a serious note i have heard 1 person say the same thing, but not because they thought it was grose but thought that it was pointless :S

TentacleDucky [sign in to see picture]

I know a few girls like that... One is just not used to it, she's constantly got a boyfriend so she doesn't really need it. I just don't want to be dependant on someone to orgasm.

jackador123 [sign in to see picture]

Load of rubbish everyone does it those who dont are just ashamed

Nameless [sign in to see picture]

I've just tried a little research. and studies seem to confirm that there are plenty of people that don't masturbate. E.g. "According to Dr. Kinsey's 1948 and 1953 studies, based on detailed interviews with white American adults, 92 percent of men and 62 percent of women reported that they had masturbated."

Another study from the 1990s indicated a lower figure. Of course it doesn't mean that all those who don't consider it disgusting - some are probably having so much sex that they don't have the time!

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

Loves huni wrote:

like that point of view!! makes it more of a pleasure to have someone else do it than a *chore* not like sex is ever a chore but hmm how to word this.. makes it so you dont have to rely on them its just more relaxed and if they make you come then awesome, if not its not the end of the word its still fun and enjoyable kinda approach? :) x

Hot damn, your profile pictures just get better and better.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Nameless wrote:

I've just tried a little research. and studies seem to confirm that there are plenty of people that don't masturbate. E.g. "According to Dr. Kinsey's 1948 and 1953 studies, based on detailed interviews with white American adults, 92 percent of men and 62 percent of women reported that they had masturbated."

Another study from the 1990s indicated a lower figure. Of course it doesn't mean that all those who don't consider it disgusting - some are probably having so much sex that they don't have the time!

Those are very outdated studies though...

Masturbation is way more acceptable these days so the figures are bound to have changed somewhat.

Ax

WandA [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

Nameless wrote:

Those are very outdated studies though...

Masturbation is way more acceptable these days so the figures are bound to have changed somewhat.

Ax

Even so I'm sure the point still stands that some people don't!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Well yeah, but my point was that probably not as many as those studies suggest....ok I just saw "science research", "1948", "1953" and "1990s" and went into science mode hehe!

Ax

smirnoff09 [sign in to see picture]

well if you don't know what turns you on how the heck can you tell someone else what does...?

That was the best bit of advice I was given lol

WandA [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

Well yeah, but my point was that probably not as many as those studies suggest....ok I just saw "science research", "1948", "1953" and "1990s" and went into science mode hehe!

Ax

Pfffttt....

Wanker (I'm only being on topic!).

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.