FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. What jobs do we all do on here

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Mmmm.. curry. Would be sick of the smell on my clothes after a while though..

We have to wear a white shirt and black trousers and black tie - never wear them elsewhere so it's just a case of bunging my top in bleach when I get in and washing everything that might smell.

I used to work in a steak house - my hair and clothes are grateful for the switch to curry! Steak smells linger way longer and greasy chip pan smelling hair is not nice!

Ax

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Ooo. What a dick he sounds. I'm not doing anything that will put me in danger of more injury. Been there, done that and I wont do it again. In my last job I was working on crushed toes and disfigured feet cuz my feet were too big for my work shoes. I ended in hospital then too, and should have been off work, but kept working. Walked (or hobbled) out about 2 days after that though.

I wont put myself in any risk though until I'm sure its ok. I thought it was ok today, but just walking up and down the street put it in lots of pain again, so I need to be careful.

Yeah, I really don't like him and to make matters worse I live on the same street as him! Ouch, it sounds like you've suffered more than your fair share of injuries. :(

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Wow, I actually never knew men's and women's sizes were different! Random knowledge level-up there. :)

Can sympathise with the dodgy work scenarios, had my first one in a nightclub where they refused to buy lightbulbs for the cellar, which had a ramp down to it. Best night I was down there in the dark to change a barrel, slipped on something in the dark and went tumbling. Turned out the plumbing for the ladies had exploded (yay for sanitary towels stuffed sown the bogs, drunk slappers), and the whole place was flooded with loveliness. That outfit got burned, I can tell you! Luckily only ended up with a massive bruise all down my front from where I landed on a crate left boob first, but I'm sure the dark, no non-slip mats, sewage-flooded room of death violated about twenty different health and safety codes. And they weren't even paying me minimum wage for it, schemey gits!

Starting to go mental with the unemployment thing though. Guess it's my own fault, I went and got an English degree instead of something practical, and now no one wants me, boo to them! Need a nice job that'll let me move away from the sticks and buy more LH snazzies, that's not asking so much, is it? :)

Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]

I am the new Staff Writer for Lovehoney... Heehee, just seeing how it sounds... And hoping lol x

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

What can I say, I'm accident prone! Lol!

Nah, for years I thought I was a womens size 7, turns out I'm a mans size 7! So upsetting, spesh since I have a bit of a shoe fetish.. I'll have to perve on other womens shoes I guess. Lol!

I have to wear the same pair of mens trainers day in day out now.

What has really shocked me is that I haven't actually broken any bones yet (That I'm aware of, though I suspect at least one fracture in my foot somewhere, and a broken nose that broke a few times) I used to be a bit of a wild child and got myself hurt by doing very silly things. Quite scary when I sat down one night and showed the OH all the strange things my body does cuz of my accidents, like my clicking thumb, very wobbely nose and the fact my fingers on my left hand bend back when I straighten them as if they are double jointed. - I'm sure I managed that from constantly bending my fingers back when I was in first school and my bones just grew that way somehow! Lol! I could write a book on all the weird and wonderful things about myself, just as I'm sure many people could.

My OH still beats me with his scar on his skull where he had a dart thrown in his head!

Speaking of random injuries as I kid, I suffered quite a few from jumping on the bed as stupid as it sounds. These injuries include various bruises, a greenstick fractured collar bone that needed reset (and as it was only the emergency wing of Orkneys hospital open in the weekend my parents made me suffer all weekend before going to see a doctor) and a few stiches in a burst lip. Now I use beds for less dangerous acrobatics!

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

What can I say, I'm accident prone! Lol!

Nah, for years I thought I was a womens size 7, turns out I'm a mans size 7! So upsetting, spesh since I have a bit of a shoe fetish.. I'll have to perve on other womens shoes I guess. Lol!

I have to wear the same pair of mens trainers day in day out now.

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

I think a man's size seven is a woman's size six-and-a-half so you should still be able to find beautiful sheos for what I'm sure are very beautiful feet (you can tell I have abit of a fettish too can't you!? lol)

I think a woman can still look sexy in trainers (and I'm not just saying that because I basically have to wear them all the time for my bad hips and knees!). I think trainers make a woman look more relaxed and approachable (plus in trainers it's easier to dance more energetically so you can have more fun).

xxKPxx

BashfulBabe wrote:

Wow, I actually never knew men's and women's sizes were different! Random knowledge level-up there. :)

Can sympathise with the dodgy work scenarios, had my first one in a nightclub where they refused to buy lightbulbs for the cellar, which had a ramp down to it. Best night I was down there in the dark to change a barrel, slipped on something in the dark and went tumbling. Turned out the plumbing for the ladies had exploded (yay for sanitary towels stuffed sown the bogs, drunk slappers), and the whole place was flooded with loveliness. That outfit got burned, I can tell you! Luckily only ended up with a massive bruise all down my front from where I landed on a crate left boob first, but I'm sure the dark, no non-slip mats, sewage-flooded room of death violated about twenty different health and safety codes. And they weren't even paying me minimum wage for it, schemey gits!

Starting to go mental with the unemployment thing though. Guess it's my own fault, I went and got an English degree instead of something practical, and now no one wants me, boo to them! Need a nice job that'll let me move away from the sticks and buy more LH snazzies, that's not asking so much, is it? :)

Aww, that sounds like a horrible place to work at and I can't imagine the hours at a nightclub would be the most ideal to work. All the best of luck in finding a new job, preferably somewhere that could make use of an English degree!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

I think a woman can still look sexy in trainers (and I'm not just saying that because I basically have to wear them all the time for my bad hips and knees!). I think trainers make a woman look more relaxed and approachable (plus in trainers it's easier to dance more energetically so you can have more fun).

xxKPxx

I have a growing collection of yummy trainers! Countless pairs of pretty Pumas, K Swiss, pink Levis....and my personal favourites - my bright purple Jingas http://www.jingashop.com/

I've had to learn to love trainers too!

Ax

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Wizzie86 wrote:

I am the new Staff Writer for Lovehoney... Heehee, just seeing how it sounds... And hoping lol x

Don't forget me when you're at the top Wizz! Remember, I always liked you!

Lol @ WandA. Gonna dig out my CV this afternoon... X

*Emma* [sign in to see picture]

Im doing a psychology degree and im a mum of 2 x

Sorry new joint staff writer ;-)

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

Lol wizzie! Sounds good to me. SG x

Yay :-) I like SGs thumbs up xxx

masterandslave [sign in to see picture]

Can I join you in that dream job Wizzie?! Mmmm!

x

Lh better be prepared, the OA is gonna take over ;-) x

masterandslave [sign in to see picture]

Ooooo! Let's start the revolution, POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

x

masterandslave wrote:

Ooooo! Let's start the revolution, POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

x

Viva la revolución!

*Just wants to wear a beret*

nevaeh [sign in to see picture]

1st year Uni Student over here :) x

nevaeh wrote:

1st year Uni Student over here :) x

Lazy sod... (only becuase you're in first year)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.