99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. What jobs do we all do on here

CurlyCpl [sign in to see picture]

I'm a Database Administrator - basically make sure the software developers or users don't destroy all of the company's data, and ensure that the systems are up and running efficiently and securely.

Yes, it's as thrilling a job as it sounds...

WakkaWakka [sign in to see picture]

I'm a Sales associate for L'Occitane.

Just a shop job but I'm enjoying it there.

telemachus [sign in to see picture]

CurlyCpl wrote:

I'm a Database Administrator - basically make sure the software developers or users don't destroy all of the company's data, and ensure that the systems are up and running efficiently and securely.

Yes, it's as thrilling a job as it sounds...

Bloody lazy DBA's. Just do some work for once, and stop blaming the Linux Admins. Our boxes are just fine, and you insisted on installing RAC like you did, so deal with it. Next time, don't try and do my job for me.

And so it goes on.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Do I have to call the moderators children...

If we're having to do any major amount of work in a day we're not doing our job well enough the rest of the time...Goes off to Do Bugger All

Let's hope you don't log on using the wrong accounts at work DBA's may have something to say if you're trying to get into the databases as SA...

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

Lol! He really would be bored!

(DailyBoredomAwaits)

I do feel a bit sorry for the non-geeks.

CCW

Junior Developer (or Junior Scum if you ask the hubby)

headsouth wrote:

I never wanted to be a developer when I found out there were other jobs than being a code monkey, too narrow for me. What languages do you cover? Good ones or Windowsy crap?

Currently using Vista on my main comp which has just randomly killed the screen and required a restart... Silly little underpowered netbook I'm also using next to me running on Ubuntu has never given me any problem at all.

Sorry if its a bit random... I just really agreed with the Windowsy crap bit you posted. How was it even possible to create Vista, random binary generator perhaps?

headsouth wrote:

Easy, they took XP and added extra shit to it. Just like for XP they took 2K and added shit to it for XP. Just like they took NT and added shit to it for 2K....

Hmmm... I did like XP. Not sure I like 7, it looks like the disabled functions are enabled , everything is huge and 'bubbly' for the touch screens... but Vista is appalling. Suppose all OSs have faults.

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

headsouth wrote:

I never wanted to be a developer when I found out there were other jobs than being a code monkey, too narrow for me. What languages do you cover? Good ones or Windowsy crap?

For now just SQL but I'm really enjoying it. Most my job is business analysis rather than pure coding but that suits me fine.

wenchiepie [sign in to see picture]

i work in retail, i hate it. People are rude and i work in an old lady shop and gosh darnit, i've had enough of old women in their underwear asking me questions!

I want to work in events management, but thats just a dream, will probably never happen......

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

What did you do to your foot Aniko? I ripped part of the ligaments in my ankle at my old employment when I stepped on the wooden step only to find my foot was half over the edge and it buckled and I dropped the sofa I was carrying onto it. Rather painful if I do say so myself.

GHxx [sign in to see picture]

I'm a student with 4 jobs in the self-study time allocated to me!

Now a qualified dance teacher - any love love my job!! (when I'm not stressing about show routines and music!)

xGHx

GHxx [sign in to see picture]

*and love my job - that was meant to say!!

xGHx

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I'm still a second year university student studying physiology at the University of Liverpool - although I know have some idea of what I want to do with my career - a pHd would be wonderful :D!

I also work as a waitress in a posh curry house (and get a free dinner after every shift - they make the most amazing food!) and before that worked for 3 years as a waitress (and head waitress) at a different restaurant.

Been working since 15, don't know what I'd do without it!

Ax

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Ouchie! I've damaged a ligament in the sole of my foot. I stepped off a sofa in a van (we have to do that to reach the curtains and clean the windows and dust etc.) then my foot just went crunch. My supervisor was in the van with another witness and she just laughed at me saying "Yeah, like I can just send you home and leave your work partner to do all the work for the rest of the day!" My work partner looked at me, then my foot, then back at the supervisor and nodded "Yeah, thats fine by me". Lol! She's a nice girl and though she doesn't understand english too well, she understood perfectly that I was in pain and in no way fit to work.

Not to go in to huge length of detail, but I managed to get on of my bosses down to see me and he just scoffed and made me walk about 300yards to the depot just to sign out when he could have easily arranged transport. I got there in the end by cursing his name with every step I took, and when I got there I was seen by my other boss who looked seriously concerned and told me to sit down. I sat down for 20mins til she came back to have a look at me, asked if I could stand up and I couldn't do it at all. Next thing I'm taken in to hospital and told there that there was nothing they could do about it.

So here I am. Hurting and limping and unable to work, and not even able to get sick pay!

I hear you, I was in the same situation but because I couldn't go without the pay I just wrapped a lot of support bandages around my ankle and bought a pair of ankle hugging cats boots and went back to work having only taken one day off (The doctor recommended about 1-2 months) and did I get commended for returning so early and gritting my way through the pain? No, I was scoffed at for taking a day off in the first place despite the fact I should never have returned anywhere near that early.

I did mention early that boss was a right boot, he used to shout and belittle all his workers but eventually he decided to take something I said and use it out of context to make fun of my brother and upset his fiance that works there. After that I told him to fuck off and walked out never to return despite the fact no one else was qualified to do my job but he got everything he deserved. Just glad I've finally got new employment!

AdnaW wrote:

I'm still a second year university student studying physiology at the University of Liverpool - although I know have some idea of what I want to do with my career - a pHd would be wonderful :D!

I also work as a waitress in a posh curry house (and get a free dinner after every shift - they make the most amazing food!) and before that worked for 3 years as a waitress (and head waitress) at a different restaurant.

Been working since 15, don't know what I'd do without it!

Ax

You work in a curry house? I'm still working my way through my extra hot Phall now but I admit the new chef uses some extreme chilli's that are a little too hot for me. It seems to be continuing to burn it's way through my intestine!

I *adore* hot hot curries! I'm a spice queen :P

Love the stuff...the chefs at work make the most amazing staff curries, amazing lamb on the bone or spicey dahl and because they love me they regularly give me loads of extra freebies :D I'm a spoilt girly :P

Ax

I'm truly jealous of you now. :(

Muz333 wrote:

I'm truly jealous of you now. :(

Amazing job too - the boss really appreciates me, and they up my wages every few months...it makes the world of difference when your hard work is appreciated!

Ax

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.