1. Is it even really a bj...work talk. (Fun)

Amethyst2 [sign in to see picture]

Wow.

I work in a mixed environment of about 14 and we do have various subjects discussed. Never what we get up to in the bedroom but usual dirty minded stuff.

day would drag for me without it

Lu SB [sign in to see picture]

I agree with Jess regarding the fact that some people who make these type of nasty sexual jokes probably aren't aware of the impact their remarks might have and do that to fit in. Personally I work with guys and girls and no-one crosses an acceptable line at work. Sometimes when we go out and the drinks flow, the jokes tend to get a bit more cheeky but still acceptable. If I felt offended or upset at some kind of comments at the work-place, I'd report at once.

VR [sign in to see picture]

I worked in a garage as a youngster and the posters/calendars were graphic - not exactly standard page 3.

The guys moderated their language around me, but due only, I suspect, to me going out with one of the mechanics. My ex had put the posters up so there was never any thought of taking them down.

I'm extremely happy to see sexism in the workplace being taken seriously. I felt I HAD to go along with crude talk that I found really offensive or be considered a prude and shunned from ALL conversation with my male workmates.

I did finally take a stand against one particular poster (not put up by my ex) which was basically a close up of a woman being penetrated by a stick wrapped with barbed wire, but was told there was nothing wrong with it and if the "boys" were happy with it, it was tough luck on me.

I also worked at old-fashioned petrol pumps and the amount of manhandling I had to put up with from male customers was shocking - so glad that no longer happens (as far as I'm aware).

I changed jobs and ended up working mainly with women. There was some banter about the opposite sex, but nothing more than discussing how peachy some mens' bums were! No graphic descriptions of what they'd like to do with men or discussions on their genital size.

A change for the better in my view - I sincerely hope the OP's workmates grow up and shut up!

dubguy [sign in to see picture]

I never been comfortable chatting like this with other guys, not sure why and think it has no place in the work place. I always felt that guys who chatted like this morely likely getting nothing and usuing this chat to deflect this.When I hear guys talking like this it always reminds me of the guy from the tv series Inbetweeners who always going on about the amount of sex he having

Even when out with mates we rarely chat about sex, we would pass comment on women in the bar ,but not in the detail of what sex positions we like with them

Michael777 [sign in to see picture]

I totally agree that conversation levels should definitely be moderated in public whatever the mix of people.
    One thing I don't get though is why in workplaces dominated by women it's quite acceptable to have pictures of men dressed in very brief underwear only. Yet if a man had a picture of a girl dressed only in bikini bottoms it would be classed as bang out of order or sexist?

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Michael777 wrote:

One thing I don't get though is why in workplaces dominated by women it's quite acceptable to have pictures of men dressed in very brief underwear only. Yet if a man had a picture of a girl dressed only in bikini bottoms it would be classed as bang out of order or sexist?

My workplace is dominated by women and we wouldn't find this acceptable. In fact, due the nature of our work often male and female pics are around in prints form,  but certainly not as a poster to oogle over. 

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Michael777 wrote:

My workplace is dominated by women and we wouldn't find this acceptable. In fact, due the nature of our work often male and female pics are around in prints form, but certainly not as a poster to oogle over.

That's very admirable and in my eyes, correct. It's a shame other places don't adopt your attitude so that everyone is on a level playing field.
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Michael777 wrote:

I totally agree that conversation levels should definitely be moderated in public whatever the mix of people.

Sorry... Where is this acceptable? I've never experienced this... (Even in our office!)

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Michael777 wrote:

Sorry... Where is this acceptable? I've never experienced this... (Even in our office!)

I've worked in fashion industries dominated by women and both in offices and contact centres women have decorated their work stations with such pictures. Maybe acceptable was the wrong word to use but it was certainly never stopped!
    Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

I don't think this thread was made to be a battle of the sexes and to make sweeping assumptions on any gender. 

I think maybe the OP thought it would be fun to share these stories, but I am sure they know now that it is not acceptable behaviour and is sexual harassment in a workplace. 

For these reasons, I will now close this thread and please let this be some feedback for future posts.

Do not assume because you have seen it happen with one person/gender once or even twice, that all people under that same 'umbrella' will be exactly the same. 

We are all different that is what makes us unique. 

Thank you. 

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.