1. Highs and lows of experimentation

Wight*goddess [sign in to see picture]

I got an early Christmas pressie last night - the Bondage Boutique studded leather paddle. We had a lot of fun experimenting with a new position, ropes and toys. The paddle was astounding. So powerful, intimidating and hot.

The downside: I lost my favourite glass butt plug. As in it got sucked right inside! I managed to retrieve it after a bit of poking and digging around but it freaked me out. Might have to invest in some ribbons to tie onto it.

KingGrthy [sign in to see picture]

There is a lot of disproportionate fear about getting things lost in your bum, remember it is biologically designed to expel things. Small things like butt plugs and the like are unlikely to be an issue as they will come out the way they went in, maybe a little uncomfortable but they do come out. The only cases I have seen where it’s a real problem are with large objects that barely fit in and can be difficult to impossible to push out or things that you manage to get past your sigmoid which is far more difficult than something simply getting sucked in. A few minutes squatting and relaxing will retrieve most things from your rectum pretty easily.

I tried to keep that in mind KingGrthy, but the flattened end lodged off centre so I had to shift it round to get back passed the muscle.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29228

Haha, it went breach on you! Nothing a little fishing around can’t solve, I know the feeling the first time something you didn’t intend to go in does, I know it’s a momentary panic but i was just trying to reassure you, unless youre on the extreme end of play you’ll be alright.

☺ thanks. Always helps to have reassurance. OH was fretting over how to get me to a&e without having to wake the kids!

All is fine now and no ill effects so bring on round 2!

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

KingGrthy wrote:

There is a lot of disproportionate fear about getting things lost in your bum, remember it is biologically designed to expel things. Small things like butt plugs and the like are unlikely to be an issue as they will come out the way they went in, maybe a little uncomfortable but they do come out. The only cases I have seen where it’s a real problem are with large objects that barely fit in and can be difficult to impossible to push out or things that you manage to get past your sigmoid which is far more difficult than something simply getting sucked in. A few minutes squatting and relaxing will retrieve most things from your rectum pretty easily.

Hey KingGirthy

Whilst in part you're right, I do want to clarify that although the butt is designed to expel things for its 'day job', beyond certain point (the rectum) it sucks. Like, literally, it sucks things IN.

This is why using small, non-flared objects for anal play is SO dangerous. Once you lose grip, the liklihood of the item being sucked up into your intestines is quite high. This is how people end up in A&E with small objects so far inside them. 

So yes, it is possible to retrieve something from the rectum reasonably easily, but you need to notice straight away.

For this reason I would always recommend using toys with a dramatic flare at the base, or the option to tie it or hold it. 

Sorry - don't wanna scare anyone, but this one is important! :) 

LadySpider [sign in to see picture]

Reminds me of that episode of 'Grey's Anatomy' (or was it 'House') where a guy arrives in the ER with a toy car stuck up his bum!!

We're new to bum fun...I'm always worried about stuff getting sucked up there and lost as with my mobility problems I'd never be able to reach and 'fish around' myself!! have to say this has made me more worried!!!

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

LadySpider wrote:

Reminds me of that episode of 'Grey's Anatomy' (or was it 'House') where a guy arrives in the ER with a toy car stuck up his bum!!

We're new to bum fun...I'm always worried about stuff getting sucked up there and lost as with my mobility problems I'd never be able to reach and 'fish around' myself!! have to say this has made me more worried!!!

Ah it's not something to worry about as long as you're using a decent anal toy. 

I always advise going for a T-bar base if you're extra concerned about this, as they provide a very reliable anchor. 

Also, should the unexpected happen, going for something heavy like metal helps with retrieval. In a situation where you to need to retrieve a butt plug, simply add more lube (internally), squat and cough. It might not be the sexiest thing you've ever done, but the added lube, weight of the plug and the position/cough will have it out in no time (with no reach-around necessary). 

Hope that helps! 

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

KingGrthy wrote:

There is a lot of disproportionate fear about getting things lost in your bum, remember it is biologically designed to expel things.

Hey KingGirthy

Whilst in part you're right, I do want to clarify that although the butt is designed to expel things for its 'day job', beyond certain point (the rectum) it sucks. Like, literally, it sucks things IN.

This is why using small, non-flared objects for anal play is SO dangerous. Once you lose grip, the liklihood of the item being sucked up into your intestines is quite high. This is how people end up in A&E with small objects so far inside them.

So yes, it is possible to retrieve something from the rectum reasonably easily, but you need to notice straight away.

For this reason I would always recommend using toys with a dramatic flare at the base, or the option to tie it or hold it.

Sorry - don't wanna scare anyone, but this one is important! :)

I understand what your saying and I know the feeling when something passes your inner sphincter and gets pulled into your rectum. I suppose I can also see how in some positions you might be able to accidentally get something past your sigmoid and then could have some serious issue getting it back out yourself but practically speaking most people would not be able to get a butt plug or dildo into their colon (intestines), it is difficult enough when your trying lol. Nearly all of the images and story’s you see of this kind of thing are cases of people getting awkward items stuck in their rectum as opposed to their colon.

I don’t want to encourage people to play unsafe and agree with your advice about using anal safe toys with a flared base etc, I just wanted to dispel the fear that many people have that if something does slip in it means an automatic trip to the ER and some embarrassing x-rays etc. . .

Play safe and sane, and don’t panic if something slips in, just relax, your coughing advice is good also!

I always advise going for a T-bar base if you're extra concerned about this, as they provide a very reliable anchor.

Also, should the unexpected happen, going for something heavy like metal helps with retrieval. In a situation where you to need to retrieve a butt plug, simply add more lube (internally), squat and cough. It might not be the sexiest thing you've ever done, but the added lube, weight of the plug and the position/cough will have it out in no time (with no reach-around necessary).

Hope that helps!

Thank you, Jess! I do like glass and metal toys...for vag play, not tried them for bum fun yet! xx

I guess I should also say, I am aware of a biological process whereby the colon can sort of pull what’s in the rectum back into the colon, basically to avoid discomfort and pain when it is not possible to expel what’s in there. It is not unreasonable to see how that could cause a small item to be pulled deeper into your body but this is pretty rare. I guess the best word of advice, beyond using anal safe toys, is to know your body before you push it with these kinds of things. And obviously for someone like myself who is very experienced with anal I don’t worry too much because I know I can mentally relax my muscles down there to retrieve pretty much anything I can put up there.

For a beginner it makes sense to be more careful when even a small item may be difficult to remove from the rectum and could pose further problems if left in.

Thanks for the advice, KingGrthy xx

We bought this set https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35236 - so far we've only used the probe and fingers - it's an exciting learning process, something I never thought we'd get in to. Mr Spider still don't have anything in his bum though.... but I'm still hopeful! xx

Not a bad starter kit, gives a good range of options to try. Tell the Mr he’s missing out on some crazy intense orgasms! In all honesty it takes a little while to get comfortable with anal, but once you do it’s like a breakthrough and gets very intense. I think for beginning fingers and probers and maybe a slim plug are good, he can get used to the feeling of pressure on his prostate and also coming while penetrated by something. Later can get used to thrusting and stretching to relaxation, which IMO is where the real magic happens, but it’s all good!

Private_member [sign in to see picture]

LadySpider wrote:

Hope that helps!

The only thing I ever had vanish up there was smething similar to this

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16665

It was a 3rd party product bought from LH before they started doing more of their own stuff. I was walking along and I could feel it starting to get sucked up but there was noting I could do about it at the time.

Had some fishing to do when I got home.

Please note it was NOT the LH product but something very similar, I would be wary of the soft T bases personally.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.