1. Do you sleep with your OH in the same or seperate bedrooms?

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

OH and I are a bed every night. It is a superking size bed so we have plenty of space if we need it and we can get up independently without waking the other person, so I guess we are lucky.

I like a warn duvet with the windows open while OH likes a thinner duvet but we manage just fine. I can see the benefits of separate beds for some and it sounds like it works for you, but I like to know he is there, even if it is at arms length.

Browncoats [sign in to see picture]

Fun Louise wrote:

OH and I are a bed every night. It is a superking size bed so we have plenty of space if we need it and we can get up independently without waking the other person, so I guess we are lucky.

I like a warn duvet with the windows open while OH likes a thinner duvet but we manage just fine. I can see the benefits of separate beds for some and it sounds like it works for you, but I like to know he is there, even if it is at arms length.

I have the windows open and the fan on captain hates it but makes do because we want to be together. We always snuggle and have a bit of petting before going to sleep. He only goes down if he started making the strange noise once we're falling asleep. I wouldn't choose to go to bed alone. It's also nice to know that we can spend nights apart and still feel together though ❤💙❤💙❤

[suspended user]

suspended user

Lady Ness wrote:

When I was first diagnosed with a bad back I found separate beds helped as the slightest move from my oh could send me into pain. I've been unwell lately and whilst I've wanted the comfort of someone there when I've tried to sleep next to my oh he snores and it doesn't help at all, I just get angry and stressed do separate beds is the way for us. I think it's still important to have some shared snuggle time.

Movement from my partner or our Small dogs would also cause me problems, So I know and feel your pain.

The day that made me move to the other room was the day after my last lower back surgery.

That nght I went to bed , it took me over 20 minutes to get to where I could lay down with my back facing toward my wife.

I was just getting somewhat comfortable when one of our dogs decided she wanted to cuddle to my back ( because I am sure she knew I was in pain and I think she just wanted to make me feel better ), yet she laid right against the surgery site, it hurt so bad, off the chart bad, all I could do was scream get her off get her off.

From that day forward I have been in my own bed.

I could have tolerated and dealt with snoring issues as I have for many years, yet with being in pain all the time I have turned into captain A hole which gets worse as my pain increases.

This cronic pain and lack of sleep had caused little things that would normally be nothing and turned them into a major problem..

Since moving into my own room, I can no longer blame the dogs or my Wife for waking me or hurting me while I am trying to sleep.

Now at least our relationship no longer has to suffer negitive thoughts about what one person did to the other that kept them up all night.

This being said I would love to be able to fall asleep with my Wife in my arms.

Karaninazov [sign in to see picture]

We sleep together and I love it, although OH complains that I am a compulsive cover stealer!

Lu SB [sign in to see picture]

I can't imagine sleeping without my big bear. There was a time when I hated because he used to snore so loudly, but now he's been working out at the gym, so he's losing some weight and the snoring is much better. I've got very cold hands and feet and my hobby is so warn and cuddly and when we can't sleep we stay talking and having a laugh until we fall asleep and I love that.

Antti67 [sign in to see picture]

Same bed as always. Arms around each other. I like to feel my wife close to me.

annerk [sign in to see picture]

the first time i stayed at my bf's place was in that sort of grey stage at the beginning of the relationship, where you're not officially a couple but you're definitely more than friends. we hadn't even held hands at this point, but even then, we slept in the same bed and spooned all night.

every time i've stayed at his since, we've always slept together like that. even when we had a misunderstanding that contributed to a bout of depression i had this year (i am clinically depressive anyway but my state was made worse), we still saw each other regularly and snuggled every night. even on the nights i couldn't sleep, just cuddling helped me calm down and recover from my breakdown: oxytocin does wonders for my mental health, so i think i'd struggle if we ever didn't share a bed!

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

My parents have slept in seperate rooms for years, it's kind of odd if they do now haha.

My dad needs ALL lights off and zero noise, plus he goes to sleep at about 7pm as he starts at 4am.

Mum needs to listen to radio and have a light on to fall asleep. She goes to bed around 10pm

It just works better in some relationships! They are very happy together, and have been married for 20+ years :)

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

We don't even live in the same house, never mind share a bed! I've had my bed all to myself for 12 years and the only time I share it, is with my cat.

Been with him 10 years, but couldn't bear to live with someone!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.