1. Erectile Dysfunction due to Nerve Damage/Neurological Condition

happygooner [sign in to see picture]

For many years now I have been using Cilais (20mg) over the weekend to maintain a healthy sex life.

My problem is that I have an as yet undiagnosed neurological condition which seems to attack my immune system around every 8 years affecting my mobility, sight etc. The mobility comes back as does the sight but each time it happens I am left with a little more nerve damage in the lower region.

Aside from the actual condition which is being dealt with I now need to use 40mg to get anywhere close to what I had and still have real trouble maintaining an erection.

After speaking with someone in urologiy today they recommeded penis rings.

What I would like to know (can't seem to find an answer anywhere) is what is the difference if any in the expensive rings advertised oin medical sites and the largely commericial cock rings listed here? Will both help in the same way?

Also, I found a discrepancy in measuring for the right size. The medical sites seem to suggest measuring circumference while flaccid and here the suggestion is to do it while erect.

Any help anyone could offer in this minefield would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

VR [sign in to see picture]

Hello HG.

I can't really help with your query as I'm female, but I've seen adjustable cock rings on the site. Maybe you could try one of those first?

I have a neuro condition similar to MS that also affects my sight and it's affected my sex life negatively, too. I've been trying to work up to my own rather intimate question on here, but not got round to it yet. Maybe I will now that you've brought a sort of similar question up.

Hope you get a diagnosis soon. The waiting is a pain.

Private_member [sign in to see picture]

HG,

Would suggest you ask your doctor if there really is any worthwhile difference between the 'medical' ones and 'fun' ones, having only used rings for fun I wouldn't know. Perhaps in the meantime buy a fun one to try?

As for measuring the size that is a whole different discussion. Personnnly I didn't measure, I got a large size, tried it and then bought a smaller one which worked for me (I did try a smaller one but it was painful so took it off). If you measure losely when flacid you know it won't constrict you when you are soft so you can wear it normally before you get hard.

KingGrthy [sign in to see picture]

A ring is a ring. They work by constrictng blood flow, there are lots of fancy medical desgns out there but your unlikely to find any independent evidence that one works better than another. Try an adjustable one from here and see if it helps before spending loads, if it does then look at the other options.

Thanks people.

I should say that I have already used a fair few toys and am no stranger to the fun rings so to speak although these have never been measured and I have never even considered size.

Hence why the rings I have sort of make things better but not great.

Sounds like I should just measure up and get a top rated ring from here which fits the diameter.

As for the first reply to my question, I should say if there's something you need help with but are concerned to ask don't be. For one thing you can be pretty anonymous on here.

I've dealt with these issues for so long now and had to deal with so much embarrassing crap that I just get on with it.

electrodes in the hair, needles in the spine, an hour in an MRI, the most intimate conversations with one person after another.

I'm ok,there's plenty worse off! Just get it off your chest!!

Cheers

HG

4Uonly [sign in to see picture]

Be.it medical or financial ones, you can't wear over your penis if it's not erected. If pills help them you don't even a cock ring.

BTW, ED and pills have been well discussed in other threads. Please search for it cos you will benefit from the past posts.

In fairness that's not strictly true and I have read other threads. Underlying cause is everything here. I can get hard with the drugs but keeping it is another thing entirely.

Other threads have discussed ed but the only stuff I could find is where the root cause could be solved. Stress etc... There was nothing for neurological nerve damage. No amount of psychological assistance is going to change how ravaged my body is from this compared to most my age.

The advice to take pills and use a constriction ring comes directly from the urology consultant I saw yesterday.

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

Hi - Can I ask, are you able to get and maintain an erection with sufficient manual stimulation? I ask because I have been musing on the possibility of loss of penile sensitivity as a contributory factor in my intermittent ED which is becoming somewhat more common with age. It seems that loss of sensitivity is a well known effect of the reducing testosterone levels as we get older and the thought has made me explore penis plugs and glans rings as methods of increasing sensitivity with some success.

I cannot really maintain for long rough regardless. I can get an erection but only with pills. Beyond that it's a bit like flogging a dead horse.

Private_member [sign in to see picture]

happygooner wrote:

The advice to take pills and use a constriction ring comes directly from the urology consultant I saw yesterday.

Sounds like you should listen to your doctor then and perhaps get a smaller diameter 'fun' ring (perhaps solid rather than stretchy as they contrict more when hard) to use with the pills, if it doesn't work then go back to the doctor and see is there is a Plan B?

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

Hello, just wondering if you've ever had your lumber spine checked as this can cause Ed if a nerves trapped etc.

Well I've had 3 lumbar punctures if that's what you mean. Where they take your spinal fluid. Unfortunately I know all too well what the cause of the ED is. Neurological Nerve Damage from my immune system sporadically attacking me.

It's simply a question of getting round it as best I can and to be fair people with far worse and severe conditions still manage so I'm sure I'll find my own solution.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

Oh no I mean an MRI to check for trapped nerves.

Had 3 of those bad boys too, with dye and without haha!

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

Perhaps you should think laterally about the problem. My ED has at times been sufficiently prevalent that we have had to consider the possibility that it might become permanent. My first realisation was that the biggest issue for me by far was not being able to satisfy my wife. This we fairly quickly resolved by my using a strapon (subsequently, I found an academic paper on the topic which I gave a link to in this thread):-

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/468579-guys-wearing-strapons-instead-of-using/

(As you can see from the date of the posts I have been working on this problem for a while!)

We both found the strapon so erotic it has become a major part of out sex life even in times when my equipment is behaving itself.

As for making me orgasm, we have found that the “Hot Octopuss” vibrator works extremely well.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Hi happygooner my suggestion may be less than helpful as I'm a woman and have no real experience with erectile disfunction, but, any things worth a thought right.

Have you considered a penis pump? They can be used from flaccid, and some have built in cockrings that can be detached from the pump when you reach erection. I would suggest a manual one to start with, I fear an automatic pump might be too much too soon, you can control the suction with a manual one. This make gets good reviews but it is a little expensive https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19195

I hope this is helpful.

My only other suggestion might be a bit way off, but have you played anally? I hear quite a few men really get off from prostrate massage, and can climax this way without getting an erection. Of course this would not help with having sex with a partner, but if you like it it could lead to pegging for pleasure.

I apologise if this is not to your taste, but I think outside of the box when trying to solve a problem.

4Uonly [sign in to see picture]

Hi happy goner, since you have seen your urologist, may I suggest you just follow the advice that was given you. Going back to the urologist for further advice is the best bet.

Bubbler [sign in to see picture]

If you are seeing a Urological consultant, speak to him/her about Prostaglandin injections. Described as an option in NHS Choices for treating ED. Not sure however if they are covered by NHS other than for specific injuries/illnesses.

singleton [sign in to see picture]

I have a lover with an erectile problem due to medical issues, I bought him a cock pump with rings, he enjoys me pumping his cock but its not the most erotic thing to get off!! He also has a strap-on where he puts his cock inside the vibrating dildo so we both get some pleasure.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.