£1.59 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. How do you wear your menstrual cup?

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Hey vagina owners. How do you wear your menstrual cup? I've always worn mine just lower than I would a tampon, with the stem partly hanging out. However, I keep reading on blogs that you're supposed to form a seal around your cervix with the cup.
    Am I wearing mine wrong? If I'm supposed to wear it against my cervix, I'd never get the cup out as my cervix is very high up and tilted, so I wouldn't get much of a suction either.
    I've never had any leaking, I just feel like I'm inserting it wrongly compared to others.

Lovehoney - Rebecca [sign in to see picture]

Posting to register my interest in this thread, I am considering purchasing a menstrual cup so would be interested to hear how different people wear them.

LIL_KNOWN69 [sign in to see picture]

Hey! I don’t have a vagina but my ex used to have a ruby cup, on the site it states the stem should be fully inside the vagina but I don’t know if the stems are longer on different cups... the step by step guide is on this website:

http://rubycup.com/how-to-use-a-menstrual-cup/

Hopefully that clears things up x

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Hey PP 

From my understanding (and what works for me) is I insert it a little lower than a tampon (not by much though) and find that it 'settles' into place. I don't leave any of the retrieval stem outside of my body though. 

I feel like it would be almost impossible to create a decent seal around the cervix as it moves so much and I'm not sure even how it could be done reliably every time. (and don't even get me started on what could happen if you were to sneeze or cough!) 

To be honest, I think as long as it's comfortable and is working for you, then what does it matter? Wear it however you like! 

LIL_KNOWN69 wrote:

Hey! I don’t have a vagina but my ex used to have a ruby cup, on the site it states the stem should be fully inside the vagina but I don’t know if the stems are longer on different cups... the step by step guide is on this website:

http://rubycup.com/how-to-use-a-menstrual-cup/

Hopefully that clears things up x

Thanks, I'll have a read x

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Hey PP

From my understanding (and what works for me) is I insert it a little lower than a tampon (not by much though) and find that it 'settles' into place. I don't leave any of the retrieval stem outside of my body though.

I feel like it would be almost impossible to create a decent seal around the cervix as it moves so much and I'm not sure even how it could be done reliably every time. (and don't even get me started on what could happen if you were to sneeze or cough!)

To be honest, I think as long as it's comfortable and is working for you, then what does it matter? Wear it however you like!

Thanks Jess. You've put my mind at ease.
    Wight*goddess [sign in to see picture]

If you are not uncomfortable and you are getting no leaks, then I'd stick with what works for you. I know if mine sits low enough to poke out, then it's really uncomfortable, once I get it "right" it settles itself and rises up until it sits in place. Getting it back out is a case of bearing down, like you're giving birth, easiest done in a deep squat or sat on the loo and tilt your pelvis up.

GemGem90 [sign in to see picture]

As long as you're comfortable I would say it's fine

ToGildALily [sign in to see picture]

I know mine sits lower but is all inside. It kind of settles into place on it's own. I couldn't possibly get it anywhere near my cervix and I have never heard that advice from many manufactures.

lovelylumps [sign in to see picture]

I've seen/heard snippets of these but never really delved any deeper. How do you get them back out?

RubyDarling [sign in to see picture]

All vaginas are different, some have high cervix, others low, some people like soft cups, others need a rigid one, some cut the stem because it pokes, others leave it in full... there are just as many ways of wearing a cup as there are vagina owners. As others have said before, if you feel comfortable and you don't have any leaks, then you're doing it right

There is a very good group on Facebook called Menstrual Cups Worldwide which I recommend to anyone who wants to learn about cups.

myghost [sign in to see picture]

If the cup isn't leaking or uncomfortable stick with what works for you, i just get mine in as best i can as long as the cup is completely unfurled inside i'm happy, any initial discomfort soon goes away as the cup settles in to position

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.