1. Softsheen Magic Shaving Powder.

KingGrthy [sign in to see picture]

LadySpider wrote:

@KingGrthy - have you tried any handmade soaps. lovey?

The Lush soap I mentioned is handmade. I don’t notmally have an issue with ingrowns because I don’t normally shave. Normally I use a simple soap with no perfumes or additives and also the sandstone for exfoliation. No problems.

Update: Day 10 - second application

I reapplied yesterday, results are equally good.

I applied a thick layer of petroleum jelly to parts I didn’t want the cream touching (my anus) and that seems to have worked perfectly.

Couple things I’ve learned. For me, my perineum is by far the most sensitive area and I did have redness, irritation and increased sensitivity after application all of yesterday but this morning it is 90% better!

I mixed the stuff thicker this time but I don’t think it worked better, maybe just a little faster, which brings me to a second point, the extra strength at least does not take 7 minutes for it to work, 3-5 is enough.

Also, don’t use a rough towel or a microfiber cloth to rub the hair off after, the cloth is the part that seems most prone to causing irritation due to the effect of the depilatory on the skin.

In summary, I’m super smooth no lasting irritation, bumps, ingrowns, or stubble! I will continue to use this stuff! I highly reccomend it for pubic hair removal! Be sure to patch test though, you don’t want to have a bad reaction down there!

I am going to try the skin conditioning formulation next an will update again then!

myrkari [sign in to see picture]

Just popping in to say thanks for being a "guinea pig" and posting your progress/experimentation with the magic powder; I don't use mine as much as I should yet really because it made me sore the first time, but I am going to try your vaseline trick which I'd never thought of!

I do agree that regrowth is much more comfortable than with a razor, my under arms are definitely softer. I think it's probably because there's less of a blunt tip to the hairs as they grow back. Regrowth is almost like after waxing, texture-wise, but without as much ingrown hair hassle.

myrkari wrote:

Just popping in to say thanks for being a "guinea pig" and posting your progress/experimentation with the magic powder; I don't use mine as much as I should yet really because it made me sore the first time, but I am going to try your vaseline trick which I'd never thought of!

I do agree that regrowth is much more comfortable than with a razor, my under arms are definitely softer. I think it's probably because there's less of a blunt tip to the hairs as they grow back. Regrowth is almost like after waxing, texture-wise, but without as much ingrown hair hassle.

No worries, just thought it could be of use as I wanted to try it anyway. I hope I haven’t made it seem like this stuff is foolproof, it is a chemical that melts the hair off so everyone should use caution.

I fully understand your hesitation, I wouldn’t want to face the pain of my first application on a regular basis and for a woman I do think this stuff would be very dangerous around the inner labia without considerable precautions and probably would work best using this to remove the bulk of the hair while using something else for the most sensitive bits. My partner needs waxing every 2-3 weeks to stay on top of it. I think this could be an alternative for her to remove the hair from her bum, outer Labia, bikini line, and upper pubic area while only then waxing around the inner labia. Would save her a lot of pain and every 10 days isn’t too bad, plus the stuff is cheap.

As for the hair regrowth being more comfortable, your exactly right, shaving shears the hair off at a slight angle and leaves a sharp edge to the hair, considering hair and finger nails are similar stuff it’s easy to see why stubble can feel so sharp. With the depilatory the end of the hair doesn’t have that edge.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.