• Thank you Letters

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

As we currently have a 'Dear John' thread of those letters we never did write (or not) but wish we had I thought it would be nice to also have the anti- bad Jane/ John thread to post the letters we didn't or couldn't write but wish we had from a positive angle :~) In recognition of all the nice folks out there!! X

Kitty_McPlunder [sign in to see picture]

Dear Sue,

I honestly believe you saved my life, and i can never thank you enough for being there for me during my darkest days. xxxxxx

Dear OH,

I love you so much, thankyou for just being so awesome! :-) xxxxxxx

Sam66 [sign in to see picture]

Dear W.,

Thank you for sticking with me when I was so ill, when I was a monster. You kept me alive when you needn't have done, stopped me from jumping when it was the only way out I could see. There will always be a 'W' shaped hole in my heart - I will always love you, always miss you for all you did. I hope one day we can meet again.

Love

Sam xxx

Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]

Dear first love,

You taught me so much, about myself, about life and about love. You made me a better lover and a better person, i will always love you, i will think about you every day but that love has changed. I now have the most wonderful husband and children and i think i am a better wife and mother because of our time together. Your life ended too soon, you were a unique person, a one off, there will never be anyone like you. I often wonder what our life would be like together as adults but i don't think either of us would have made it, you lived life to the full, right up to the last second of your life, i just wish i had had the chance to say a proper goodbye, i hope you are looking down on your family and friends, you would love my children. I hope you are safe, i was cooking mushrooms the other day and i remembered how you lked yours cooked in ketchup! Maybe everything happens for a reason? Thank you for being part of my life. xxx

Kitty_McPlunder [sign in to see picture]

Oh dear, this thread is definatly going to make me cry...

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

Kitty_McPlunder wrote:

me too, its such a lovley thing!

dear grandad. although you wern't in my life for very long you have helped me so much in life and death, you were always there for me and some of my happiest memories are watching you round up the lambs you bought us with your sheepdog, or just being in the garden. it is because of your help that i can afford to go to university and become a better person for it. i know you would be proud of all of our family and memories of you make me smile every day

to my friend the welsh metal head

I remember the day we first met, and how it seemed we agreed on almost everything. Its seems like wev'e known each orther for a lifetime, but in reality it has only been 4 years. you;'ve listened to me when no one else would, and comforted me through the hardest times in the last few years, even if you do take the piss out of my bad spelling and inhibility to call the correct person when i'm drunk :P . some of my best memories of very difficult times comes from cruising round the valleys playing dragonforce in your old beat up micra with no back window lol. i know you will always be there for me even if we only get to see each other a few times a year, and I whish you many many happy days with your gorgeous girlfriend and the ability to get to canada like youve always dreamed of.

Kitty_McPlunder wrote:

I have to say i cried while i was doing my letter, i think it's because i think about these things but have never said them aloud or put them on paper.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Lovely idea Rowan!

crayola [sign in to see picture]

Dear Lupine

Thank you for showing me that there is a middle ground between overly clingy and totally disattached. Thank you for restoring hugs and kisses to my life, and for showing me that public displays of affection don't have to be cringe worthy. Thank you for making me laugh, and even for making me cry when I need to. And thank you for buying a wii - I love Super Mario Brothers evenings!

crayola wrote:

Dear Lupine

Thank you for showing me that there is a middle ground between overly clingy and totally disattached. Thank you for restoring hugs and kisses to my life, and for showing me that public displays of affection don't have to be cringe worthy. Thank you for making me laugh, and even for making me cry when I need to. And thank you for buying a wii - I love Super Mario Brothers evenings!

Sorry this is off topic, is it Mario Kart on the Wii? I'm addicted to it!

Ilovemyman wrote:

crayola wrote:

Dear Lupine

Sorry this is off topic, is it Mario Kart on the Wii? I'm addicted to it!

I'm totally a Mario Kart addict too, but we're currently doing the New Super Mario Brothers game (it was released over xmas). It's pretty much the one from the 90s when I was a kids but with new stuff for the wii and it is awesome. Good way to lose friends though lol.

He he i know what you mean, we say ok just 1/2 hour tonight and three hours later we are still on it! Do you play Mario Kart online? I think we will have to get Mario Bro's!

I gave up on the online play because I'm not good enough - the boyfriend does it a bit though. I'm gonna train up and get to standard lol.

Dear K,

What can I say? You have been such a blessing to me! I miss singing in the laundry and back rooms with you. I miss eating entire tubs of ice cream and condiments with you. There were days when I owed my sanity, my happiness to you. I loved going climbing off site with company, the relative lack of bichiness even before you grew up. You are and have been such an encouragement, a counsellor, a friend, a sister in Christ ;~) and a stunning bridesmaid. All of these and so much more! I know I'm suppposed to be the 'clever' one or the woman that is usually so comfortable and confident in writing, but even though I can write novellas from the heart confidently I am challenged and defeated by the task of trying to put into words what you mean to me and how you have helped me. I hope that I can one day be as much of a blessing to you and miss you (how's that accent by the way? If I had the money I would phone and speak 'Scots' to you 'til the cows come home- or Mr R goes to bed!)

Wherever I go, however I serve your wisdom (some of it ;~) will always remain with me, as shall bad films and good songs.

Yours sincerely and with warm affection, Rowan xxx

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Dear Love,

Thank you for making me the person I am today. If it weren't for you I would be that timid, insecure girl with no trust you met right at the beginning. You have taught me so much in the 5 years I have known you, you have changed my life, changed what it would have been and made me happier than I thought was possible. You mean everything to me.

Oh and you're pretty damn sexy too my sex life is incredible thanks to you! I'm so lucky to have someone so considerate and experimental and generous!

Thank you Sweetheart,

All My Love

AdnaW x

MzBee [sign in to see picture]

Dear Aybee

Even though you are in the Dear John thread, you should so be in this thread as well.

Thank you for coming into my life. It's that simple, you were the benchmark future boyfriends had to live by. You showed me inner beauty and I'm sure you are the reason I have never minded leaving the house with no face on and tracky bottoms. I'm sure you are the reason that even at the age I am, I have no desire to wear tons of make up. I thank you for even when we were teenagers and you really didn't need to, you made sure that I was always okay. When I was going off the rails and at the risk of getting a bad name, you took time out to seek me out and tell me to calm down.

I never doubted your love for me - ever. I'm so glad I had you for the boomerang moments, the freaky moments - remember when you were on leave and no one had told me you were. I was in a bar and I knew if I turned around, you'd be there. And you were. I love that you proposed to me with a ring top pull while stupidly drunk and knew I wouldn't take you seriously so you did it the next day totally sober in a car park, even though you were doing a huge event and really didn't have the time.

crayola wrote:

I gave up on the online play because I'm not good enough - the boyfriend does it a bit though. I'm gonna train up and get to standard lol.

Let me know when you do and i'll give you my Wii number xxx

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

Dear Mr Ecksvie,

I want to thank you so much for being in my life and transforming it into something that turned out to be unrecognisable. Long before we were together, you helped to make me such a different, better person and I cant think what I would have been without your wonderful influence in my life.

I like to think it was fate that brought us together, since there were just so many chance things that happened along the course of our friendship that could so easily not have happened, it terrifies me. I cant believe how we could be so alike and it be so easy for us to never have met. Thank God we did meet, I dont know what I'd be without you.

Before we met, I was shy, quiet, naive and unconfident. I feel a much better person now, and I know not all of it is to do with age. You have been a huge factor in so many things in my life.

Thankyou for being so understanding and not judging. I know that's just the way you are, but there are so many people who would have found it easy to laugh when I had to ask you how to kiss prior to our first, how terrible I was at tongues and having to ask you about just about everything before we took that step! Thank you for being so patient, I'm sure you'll agree the waiting we did together paid off. Aww bless, look at the person I was back then.

I'd also like to thank you (although I'm sure you dont need to be thanked, I know you're proud enough already) for turning me into a complete pervert! I'm sure I always had the potential, but you went so far in bringing it out in me. I'm grateful for the self-discovery I've gone through with you in regards to sex, and for always being up for anything I want to try, even when they take a turn for the weird! I know the weirder the thing I want to try, the bigger the smile on your face - another step down the path of perversity we're going down together!

The biggest thank you I want to say is for putting up with me! I know I can get moody sometimes, and I'm always moaning that you don't text me enough or you're never online or I never get to see you. It's your own fault though for being so amazing! If I didnt love you so much and you werent so enjoyable to spend time with, I wouldn't moan as much. :P

I find it difficult to imagine my life without you now, and I'm looking forward to all the future years together, all the fun we're going to have and the person I'm still changing into.

Love you with all my heart,

Ecksvie

Okay; it's a soppy one but I thought since grandparents are being included I'd add this. It shall take me a while to figure out anything to say about my husband, there is so much and words in letter format occasionally seem inadequate. I think I shall compose a real one for him and post a condensed version! Sorry..I tend towards being rather long winded *blushes*

Dear Dad,
    I can never express how grateful I am for having had you around, I now know that I was extremely fortunate to have a dad as involved, as caring and as comitted as you are and have been. I owe yo uso much, not least my love of literature, politics, and ecclectic music! I've stolen your books and chocolate, DVD's more recently with tacit permission (you always knew). You kept mum calm and actually did much of the discipline when it was (rarely) necessary which I now understand is often difficult to get a balance of. You always noticed when I was sad, you took us with mum to castles and told stories and legends as well as the accurate history of them. You taught me how to make cheese and egg well (thanks), and meat etc. You used to sneak me ruffles in secret and called me cookie (why cookie?), read stories 'with the voices', I still can't do dwarves :~(

You taught me to read and write with passion, as a joy not a chore, coaxed me to take medicine when I was on 40 a day and didn't want to do 25 at 8am! (Do they still make Neopolitans? I can't find any) I can critically evaluate situations well, and you taught me to question and arrive at my own conclusions, not to accept something just because other people did, or because it was the nicest option, not to go along with things I didn't think were right, and always thought I was beautiful. I'm sure I saw a tear in your eye on my wedding day, but you had always said of men that as love as I was happy, they cared about me, and didn't hurt me you would be happy for me, and I do have one. You corrected me, and uplifted me when I felt dejected and ugly or stupid, you made me see past the insecurities enough to keep going and to value myself, even though it's taken me until now to understand better what you saw in me then. Thank you also for listening to my political rants, frustrations, teaching me to try new things and be unafraid to do so, talking on the phone for over five minutes when it is me, and for so many other little things and big!

For Mum,

I know you miss me every day and even though it amuses me I'm proud of you for cutting down the phone calls haha. You made so many sacrifices for us, we always came first and you did magic things with money! You were always interested, always there, you managed to juggle 4 (official) kids without neglecting any of us. You taught me much of what I know about compassion, much of what I know about teaching, of other people and of giving. You always made time for me, you carried models stuck together with glue, loo roll tubes, cereal boxes with wet paint on back from nursery most days. You somehow managed to feed us a healthy diet and taught me to make more than meat and eggs!! You passed on a love of art, a need to feed waifs, strays and students; a need for feline affection and rejection. You taught me to budget, took us camping, played taxi, counsellor, teacher, caterer, cleaner everything. Your DIY solutions are bizarre but somehow work. You gave us big bars of chocolate to solve period pain later. Collected me on every occasion when I had 2 days off from LM to keep me sane. You were rarely harsh, not at all manipulative, encouraged us to try lots of things and to pursue our own talents and enjoyments, helping us to grow into our own individual personalities rather than trying to direct our interests or conferring your own dreams. You do not give yourself enough credit for all you are and all you have been but I hope one day you will understand and perhaps one day you'll believe us! Rxx

sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]

Dear Gran.

You are the most amazing woman I will ever have in my life. Beautiful and strong. You taught me so much and were there for me from the minute I was born. You were the only one I could truely talk to about anything and everything and you never judged me. It was only ever unconditional love and you showed me that every day of my life. You were right there with me when my son was born, holding my hand. Words cannot express how much that means to me. I could never repay you for the things you did for me.

For a while after you passed all I wanted to do was to be with you and I very nearly was at one point but I believe that it was you right there with me, refusing to let me join you. Even though you weren't there in body I know you were there in spirt giving me the strength to carry on when I didn't think I could.

Eight years has passed and I still miss you every day. It is an honour to be told how much I am like you. I only hope I make you proud.

Until we meet again, all my love,

L. xxx

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.