• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Submission

Corset_is [sign in to see picture]

Just a quick question to you sub ladies out there as I'm new to this...is it normal for your dom to act a bit cold and, if I'm honest, like a bit of a douche canoe in the days after a great session? I'm trying my best to be a good sub, even told him that I wanted to go so far as asking his permission to masturbate but...nothing, just blanked it. Feeling a bit upset now, like it means nothing 😢

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Have you talked about limits and how far you both wish to go with it? 

This may be part of his dom act towards you but it is definitely worth addressing and if you have a safe word(which you really should), maybe use it when he is being like this. The safe word is not just for sexual acts or intercourse. 

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Have you talked about limits and how far you both wish to go with it?

This may be part of his dom act towards you but it is definitely worth addressing and if you have a safe word(which you really should), maybe use it when he is being like this. The safe word is not just for sexual acts or intercourse.

We haven't really had that sort of talk yet, it's still very early days (even though we have already gone 'there'!) As far as I was aware the dom/sub roles are only supposed to be in the bedroom, obviously this is something we will have to talk about. I did ask about safe words but he said we wouldn't need one...I think we will as I want to step things up a gear. Hopefully we can discuss it tomorrow, he seems very chatty and affectionate after.

Nope - dom/sub roles can be used out of the bedroom too. This is why limits & safe words are a must :) You may be thinking of this as one thing and he may be looking at it in a totally different way. 

Definitely, have the talk before going any further. 

I meant for us it is only supposed to be in the bedroom so I'm not sure if his behaviour when we aren't together is part of the sub/dom relationship.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Nope - dom/sub roles can be used out of the bedroom too. This is why limits & safe words are a must :) You may be thinking of this as one thing and he may be looking at it in a totally different way.

Took your advice...got dumped.

I am sorry to hear that :( 

But if he is practising dom/sub roles without safe words and the unwillingness to communicate you are better off out of it! 

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

But if he is practising dom/sub roles without safe words and the unwillingness to communicate you are better off out of it! 

++++1000

I'm sorry to hear about the break up Corset_is, but anyone who says "we don't need safe words" is playing very dangerously. 

And anyone who won't communicate, well, how is there a relationship? 

It may not seem like it now, but it sounds like this worked out for the best. 

AmyA [sign in to see picture]

I'm really sorry it didn't work out. Sounds like another case of someone thinking they want be a Dom but not actually knowing how it works.

Don't feel you did anything wrong or that you weren't a good Sub, it sounds like you did things right and wuth the right Dom that knows what they are doing you'll get a lot out of it.

I just can't catch a break. Seems like I'm not good enough for anyone no matter what I do 😢

chunkyg [sign in to see picture]

Leanne is absolutely 100% right. Two most important elements (even more important than imagination and technique) are communication and willingness to have and be willing to listen / use safewords. Anyone who is unwilling (unless by complete mutual agreement - in which case communication has taken place) to use that really isn't deserving of your attention. Please don't give up @Corset_is :-)

chunkyg wrote:

Leanne is absolutely 100% right. Two most important elements (even more important than imagination and technique) are communication and willingness to have and be willing to listen / use safewords. Anyone who is unwilling (unless by complete mutual agreement - in which case communication has taken place) to use that really isn't deserving of your attention. Please don't give up @Corset_is :-)

Thanks but I have given up. I wasted time and money and it was never enough. I am never enough 😢

British DJ [sign in to see picture]

is it weird that I’m the male in the relationship but I enjoy being a sub a lot more than the dom? I enjoy both don’t get me wrong, whipping my girls sexy ass is great and fucking her while tied up. But actually being tied up, blindfolded, whipped all over for her amusement, her teasing me with her mouth, and sitting on my face riding me and cumming on my face is one of the biggest turn ons ever.

Browncoats [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

But if he is practising dom/sub roles without safe words and the unwillingness to communicate you are better off out of it!

++++1000

I'm sorry to hear about the break up Corset_is, but anyone who says "we don't need safe words" is playing very dangerously.

And anyone who won't communicate, well, how is there a relationship?

It may not seem like it now, but it sounds like this worked out for the best.

I echo this. It is absolutely crucial to have a safe word. Sorry you got dumped, can't comment as I wasn't involved but a man who is so flippant about safe words, especially when introducing someone new to sub dom, is dangerous in my opinion.
    Browncoats [sign in to see picture]

British DJ wrote:

is it weird that I’m the male in the relationship but I enjoy being a sub a lot more than the dom? I enjoy both don’t get me wrong, whipping my girls sexy ass is great and fucking her while tied up. But actually being tied up, blindfolded, whipped all over for her amusement, her teasing me with her mouth, and sitting on my face riding me and cumming on my face is one of the biggest turn ons ever.

Not weird at all. There are plenty of men out there who like to be the sub. Were all into different things and that's what makes sex so amazing 😘
    Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Corset_is wrote:

I just can't catch a break. Seems like I'm not good enough for anyone no matter what I do 😢

I m really sorry about what happened to you :-( I know it is hard, I been dumped many times and I feel the same way, but it is better to keep your head up. Very difficult to do, but please try to go on, find something possitive, enjoy your friends and hobbies and focus on things, which are going well for you.

If he decided to dump you, its really his loss.

Modo [sign in to see picture]

Corset_is wrote:

Took your advice...got dumped.

Sounds like you tried to make a dom from a jerk.

You have to work with the right materials, so before you give up entirely take a little longer with the next one and make sure he understands the whole D/S ballgame before commiting.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.