• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Submission

Corset_is [sign in to see picture]

Do you think it is possible to be submissive in the bedroom if that is not your natural sexual personality?

The guy I've just started seeing has said he would like me to sometimes be submissive to him in bed and, while I do find it a huge turn on as an idea, I'm not sure it's in my nature to be a sub.

Foxiiuk [sign in to see picture]

Definitely.i lean more to bring dominant but like to submissive occasionally with my oh it's quite liberating to go against your instincts some times, to let go and even more fun to try and push the boundaries and be put in my place.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

Yeah, I identify as a switch because I like to be dominant sometimes and submissive others. It's definitely possible to deviate from what feels natural to you and it can be fun to let go occasionally.

Bella29 [sign in to see picture]

Of course, anything is possible as long as you trully trust your Dom. I naturaly lean towards a dominant roll, this is possibly due to negative experiences in my past. When you trust your partner it's quite liberating to let go, to push those natural boundaries and become the submissive...huge turn on!

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

It all depends on how I am feeling and even down to what sort of day I have had if I can be more submissive or dominant in the bedroom. 

If you feel comfortable enough to try it, then you all you can do is try and if it's not for you then you know.  Also, there is nothing stopping you trying again another time, if the mood takes you that way.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I think it is possible, and if the idea is actually a turn on, it seems that you may want to at least try it. In any case, if you try it, you can stop it when it does not feel right.

Personally, I would not push myself into it, but let it flow and try it spondaniosly when you feel the moment seems to be right. Unless you try it, you will never know if you like it or not. It may be worth the shot?

AmyA [sign in to see picture]

I haven't had the opportunity to try yet but I feel I would enjoy and benefit from being submissive in the bedroom for the very reason that it is not natural to me in every day life. I'm strong and independent but long for the chance of a break from that, to put everything down and let someone else take control for a while. Not saying it would happen easily, it would probably take work but I think I'd love to experience that.

LIL_KNOWN69 [sign in to see picture]

Being a switch can come easy to some but if it doesn't feel right you will know straight away. Sometimes it's a nice change to be out of control and even though I love to be dominant I have enjoyed the odd occasion where I'm not the boss in the bedroom.

My only issue with new sub/Dom scenarios are the blurred lines, ever since 50 shades a lot of people just assume because they own a pair of handcuffs they are Christian grey and can be a real dominant. But to me it's a lot of emotional play as well as the instruments involved. If your partner wants to play dom for a bit then try the sub life, and if it doesn't work out or his idea is not to your taste then be honest. There's nothing more off putting than being put in a situation where you have to fake it, but on the upside you may find your submissive side and enjoy it.

Gigglesandjiggles [sign in to see picture]

🖑 another switch here. I'm naturally submissive in bed with some little tendencies but love to dom occasionally

Laveila wrote:

I think it is possible, and if the idea is actually a turn on, it seems that you may want to at least try it. In any case, if you try it, you can stop it when it does not feel right.

Personally, I would not push myself into it, but let it flow and try it spondaniosly when you feel the moment seems to be right. Unless you try it, you will never know if you like it or not. It may be worth the shot?

And try it I did...lol! Yeah, I know...day sex (well we are both single parents)

OMG, IT WAS THE BEST SEX I HAVE EVER HAD!!!

AmyA wrote:

I haven't had the opportunity to try yet but I feel I would enjoy and benefit from being submissive in the bedroom for the very reason that it is not natural to me in every day life. I'm strong and independent but long for the chance of a break from that, to put everything down and let someone else take control for a while. Not saying it would happen easily, it would probably take work but I think I'd love to experience that.

Tbh AmyA that is exactly what I thought. In previous relationships it has always been mutual control (but often with me taking the lead) or, on the rare occasions previous partners have agreed to play I have either taken the lead or had to tell them how to dominate me. I've always said I could never let a man dominate me and openly mock anyone who gets all dewy about Fifty Shades. When 'Sir' suggested it though I was keen to give it a go as I will try just about anything once (except incest, beastiality or Morris dancing!) and I couldn't believe how easy it was to let go and let him do as he pleased to me. I don't know if he was breaking me in gently but a lot of what he wanted to do centred on him stimulating me...my favourite part of this was when I wanted to cum and he said I couldn't (I wasn't very good at waiting and ended up begging him to let me...I need more practice!) but that was so f***ing hot!!! I'm so glad I agreed and am hoping for more of the same soon.

AmyA [sign in to see picture]

That's fantastic! I'm really pleased it lived up to expectations. I've a long way to go, not even having a partner, I'm not sure how far down. The bdsm route I would want to go although spanking definitely appeals, I'd love to try pet play although I think I would be a naughty little kitten! Maybe one day.

Aaaw! I hope you find someone you can explore it with soon. Xx

chisel [sign in to see picture]

I'm a sub to my wife and our friends and it annoys everybody that I won't say my safe word no matter how hard they punish me or whatever they do to my body. SUBMISSION isn't for me.

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

I'm 100% submissive both in life and in the bedroom. I have tried being dominant in the bedroom but I don't have a clue ! Lol xx

chisel wrote:

I'm a sub to my wife and our friends and it annoys everybody that I won't say my safe word no matter how hard they punish me or whatever they do to my body. SUBMISSION isn't for me.

It's not for you and yet you do it?

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Corset_is wrote:

Laveila wrote:

And try it I did...lol! Yeah, I know...day sex (well we are both single parents)

I am sooo glad you liked it! My last sex was me submissive (I am a switch) and I really loved it!

So now you will be open to it again when in the right mood?

Laveila wrote:

Corset_is wrote:

Laveila wrote:

I am sooo glad you liked it! My last sex was me submissive (I am a switch) and I really loved it!

So now you will be open to it again when in the right mood?

chisel [sign in to see picture]

Corset_is wrote:

chisel wrote:

Yes I do it, I'm 100% Submissive to my wife who I love and fully trust.

chisel wrote:

Corset_is wrote:

chisel wrote:

Yes I do it, I'm 100% Submissive to my wife who I love and fully trust.

Aaaw! Good for you, that's real love right there.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.