£4.50 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Beautiful Scars: What's your story?

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

i tend to get lots of bruises on my legs, from where i walk into things. poor circulation due to dyspraxia means i dont always realise when ive hurt myself. its the same with shaving. most the scars across my ankles are from razor slips rather than the SI!

X lovely lady X [sign in to see picture]

I have 3 scars on my tummy where i had my appendix removed although it didnt need removing... I went in to hospital with stomach pain and they said they would go in and have a look around and then report back to me.

So they went in to have a look, and three/4 hours later when i had final come round they explained that they couldnt find the source of the pain despite looking everywhere and they had taken my appendix just so it didnt cause me a problem in the future. I like the three scars because its always a story to tell and it just goes to show that no body is perfect.

I also have 2 scars across my bum cheeks from first and only time i have ever sat on my straightners, the lines are slowly fading but they have been there for 3 years now. Yet again another story of how dim and forgetful i csan be

Jonno [sign in to see picture]

three newest ones on my right hand, landed badly from a 20 foot drop

smirnoff09 [sign in to see picture]

i had micro surgery on my knuckle...it is amazing how neat it is...i could do with the surgeion coming doing all the sewing I have to do lol

wenchiepie [sign in to see picture]

i have tonnes, like many people here i used to have a self harm problem but there are only a few little scars left on my shins and breasts and my OH doesn't care about them because they are a part of me and he wouldn't change an inch of me.

I also have a bunch of ones down the side of my arm and chest from an infection i got as a kid that resulted in little pitted scars which i will be honest, 9 years on i still hate them, i can't learn to love those ones :( i mean i don't hate them but everytime i look at them i wish they weren't there, unlike my self harm scars which remind me never to go back there again.

what next? well i have many from accidents as a kid, slashed my chin open, wood in the knee (the tree kind not the dirty kind) i had a spiky pair of shoes that scarred my ankles.....but none of these are romantic or anything like that

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

Dunca1348 wrote:

I know it is off subject, but my friend self harms and will not see any one about it. how can i help her ?

The best thing you can do is to just be there for her and make sure she knows she can count on your love and support. One of my friends tried to force me stop self harming and that was quite damaging so I wouldn't recommend making any ultimatums or anything like that.

I think if you can help her understand the reasons behind the self harm you may be able to help her make changes to her life so she doesn't need/want to do it. Self harm for me was helpful at the time, I had to make changes to my life to be able to stop doing it, it would have been no good trying to stop if the reasons for wanting to do it were still there.

xxKPxx

Fr33b1rd [sign in to see picture]

Dunca1348 wrote:

I have lots all over mainly off of machinery. The most recent is on my right hand when i all most lost my middle and ring finger when i got them chrushed, i have never felt so sick so quickley in my life.

All the same it is nothing compared with others on here.

My OH's friend did that a couple of years back. Took it really badly too. For ages when he got drunk he'd get really upset about being deformed.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

I have lots of embarassingly banal scars.

When I was two, I went to Yugoslavia (which still existed) with my parents, got so excited by seeing a mantis (and not being allowed to eat it) that I started jumping on the bed, fell and cracked myself in the eye with the bed post. Have a lovely scar just above my left eye, apparently a cm lower and I'd have lost the eye! Didn't stop me jumping on the hospital bed after getting patched up though...

One on my arm was from when we had an oven with loose shelves in it. As I was taking out dinner, the top shelf fell, landed on my arm, and stuck to it. Ended up not being too bad, because it was so hot that it melted a chunk of flesh out, and was still all sealed up when I ripped it off. It has shrunk over time, and my freckles have started spreading over it so it's less obvious.

My finger, I have a massive swollen lump on the side of my little finger, which gets kind of sore and itchy in cold weather, apparently because I didn't let it heal right. That was a little dramatic for all it was, a glass shattered while I was washing it, I felt a sting, and knew I'd cut myself. As I ran it under the tap to get the soap off, a big flap flopped open, and blood literallly gushed out. I could see bone and stringy tendony things, and just about vomited. Had to get a friend to come help me get dressed and to the hospital (where the sheer incompetance of the Irish healthcare system was displayed to full effect, as I was stuck in a room, on my own, and only attended to when a passing nurse noticed I'd passed out and collapsed after bleeding for about five hours, and then they had to use steri-strips and a splint because there wasn't enough free flesh to stitch into or something medically, but the nurse put them on wrong, and decided to rip them off without bracing the loose flesh or warning me, so it tore it further down, and then she put the bandage on the wrong way around, so it healed into the wound, which I only discovered when I removed it and had to cut the new flesh to free it). I did make it worse, apparently despite the ineptitude of the hospital staff, it still would have healed relatively flat and without the pain now, had I not decided that since the intervarsity fencing was in a week, I had to still go to training. The most painful competition ever, every time someone connected with my blade my finger exploded in pain, but we still won, goddamn it! Hell, one of the others was fencing with a broken wrist and another with a torn tendon in his ankle, I could hardly complain.

Latest one in on my leg, fairly bad one. When I was pregnant, some tit came speeding through the Asda car park and nearly ran me over. I managed to tumble out of the way, but caught my leg on one of those pointlessly-sharp barriers and gouged a chunk out of my shin. Guy never stopped, incidentally. Staff there were lovely, although the trolley boy who found me was petrified I was going to have a baby on him, poor lad was shaking more than me and really looked like he was going to throw up or faint. Ended up having to get a bunch of stitches (much better treatment here than in Ireland), it got infected thanks to the supressed immune system, and it took about three months to heal up, so now there's a massive gorish-looking dent in my shin. Sexy stuff. It's still fading, so hopefully eventually it'll look less obvious.

So yeah, jumping on the bed, cooking dinner, doing the washing up and crossing the road. My rock 'n' roll lifestyle. :) I am horrifically accident prone though, just luckily most don't end up scarring.

telemachus [sign in to see picture]

I have one on my lip, going all the way inside my mouth a few centimetres. I have a horrible habit of chewing the inside of my mouth and when I was about 3, I bit a good chuck of my lip and mouth off in my sleep. My mother found me in the middle of the night with my face covered in blood. The tissue all grew back normally, like proper skin tissue. Just a line through my lip.

Nice, eh?

Jonno [sign in to see picture]

Wickedgirl wrote:

Jonno wrote:

three newest ones on my right hand, landed badly from a 20 foot drop

What were you up to dropping that far

parkour and freerunning, I didn't roll out of a landing when I should have done

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

BashfulBabe wrote:

When I was two, I went to Yugoslavia (which still existed) with my parents, got so excited by seeing a mantis (and not being allowed to eat it) that I started jumping on the bed, fell and cracked myself in the eye with the bed post. Have a lovely scar just above my left eye, apparently a cm lower and I'd have lost the eye! Didn't stop me jumping on the hospital bed after getting patched up though...

I still have a scar on my lip from when I got stitches as a kid jumping on the bed and landing face first on the dresser! In fact I also greenstick fractured my collar bone and had to get it reset because of jumping on a bed as well, their surprisingly dangerous to play on!

Starlight* [sign in to see picture]

I have scars on both elbows from when i went skidding down the playground, and thought to try and stop myself with my elbows. Ouch! x

xxxxchelzsxxxx [sign in to see picture]

I have one under my left boob!! The cat scratched me when i was little!! its a really sweet little scar really! x

Lookin - Yummy [sign in to see picture]

I am sure this kind of thing has already been said , but my beautiful scar is ;

My (Very neat and tidy) scar from my daughters C-Section. I am very lucky that now it is extremley faint and to be honest you really have to look closely to see it. It was done carefeully too and as I said, is neat and tidy. I do lay in the bath and look at it sometimes, getting lost in thought. I remember the day so clearly my beautiful little baby entered the world. I think of all the joy and happiness she has brought to me and how very , very lucky I am to have her. I also remember how the birth was going all smoothly and then suddenly - Bam ! Emergancy C-section here we come !

It reminds me how life can change in just a moment .....

Wicked Willy [sign in to see picture]

Mine is very boring. On a Friday the doctor said it was IBS and on the Monday they took my appendix out. The surgeon did it in a slightly different way to the norm so the scar is longer than it should be! Oh well they have to learn sometime

chipNroll [sign in to see picture]

I have a faint one on my forehead and one on my knee from childhood escapades, which I like. One on my back from being ill a couple of years ago, which I don't like- it reminds me of a bad times. No massive exciting ones.

cheshire kat [sign in to see picture]

I have way too many, a combination of clumsiness or bad luck!

A car crash is responsible for the ones on my face and right hand, both of which have faded loads and are now freckly. Numerous ones on my hands and knees from general clumsiness, I dont even remember how I ogt them! A fair few on my stomach from laparoscopic surgery.

I was offered plastic surgery to reduce the appearance of the ones on my face before but decided not to have it, my scars are me and where I come from.

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

Remarkably unscarred due to actual injury. I have three teeny tiny marks that probably even Mrs Monster couldn't tell you about, but -

1. Dot on right hand from over-enthusiastic martial arts practice. I have deep nerves, told him to press harder, harder, nearly got it, etc. Ended up digging his nail in.
    2. Dot on right wrist from casting lead miniatures. FYI, drop them back into the molten lead from as close as possible! Throwing causes splashback!
    3. Line of tiny scratches on left inside wrist. No, not that. Was trying to cut off a tiny piece of packing tape from a dispenser, and pulled toward myself instead of away. Actually the most scary injury I have had, because of the location, and at first I couldn't tell how deep it had gone.

But all these pale into insignificance beside my immense swath of stretch marks! Yes, I too have "pregnancy battle scars", but without the good excuse . . . mostly on my stomach and chest, but also on thighs and biceps/underarm area. Massive weight gain about age 22, mostly fat but some muscle. Don't really mind them these days as they've gone silver, but I wish I could lose the weight and invent an interesting story about them!

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Mr Monster wrote:

But all these pale into insignificance beside my immense swath of stretch marks! Yes, I too have "pregnancy battle scars", but without the good excuse . . . mostly on my stomach and chest, but also on thighs and biceps/underarm area. Massive weight gain about age 22, mostly fat but some muscle. Don't really mind them these days as they've gone silver, but I wish I could lose the weight and invent an interesting story about them!

I too have some stretch marks. Side of my thighs from when my legs shot up! I have rather long gangly legs that sprung up on me.

I too shall invent some story about these silver lines, being silver a fight with a unicorn perhaps?

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

I too shall invent some story about these silver lines, being silver a fight with a unicorn perhaps?

People will never believe that!

I'd say it was one-on-one with a griffon, which you were sent to capture for zoological research. You almost had him, but your average griffon, see, he's a wily bugger, and as you were setting up the net and bait, he pounced on you from behind the rocks and savagely swiped at your guide, Mboku. Thinking quickly, you grabbed the net and a stout branch you had been using to construct the trap, and used them to keep the creature at bay as you edged over to your supply box. It caught you a nasty swipe as you opened the lid and pulled out the emergency flare, but firing the flare into the ground at the fearsome beast's feet sent it running, leaving you to recover Mboku's body and, injured, carry it the three miles back to base camp.

That Mboku - what a guy. You still miss him.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.