99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Beautiful Scars: What's your story?

Bluebottle [sign in to see picture]

PPB wrote:

Ive just had major surgery on my right leg after a horrific accident, under my cast, i have 2 rather large scars on each side of my lower leg, the longest about 8 inches long. I am really nervous as to how my boyfriend will react to these scars when he can finally see them. He has seen post surgery pictures and survived that. i used to be on here all the time until shortly before my accident, lost my sex drive until fairly recently so i felt unable to post

PPB

x

Hi PPB, I'm sure if your boyfriend really loves you then you need not worry about how he'll react. It won't make him love you any less, you're no less you than you were before. Glad you're drive is coming back, must be difficult with a leg in plaster!

WandA [sign in to see picture]

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

I've got a very faint scar now on my forehead where I came off a trial bike as a kid, no helmet tut tut! I was hit in the face with a cricket bat by some shithouse as a teenager which tore my cheek open, ended up having stitches, that's healed well too. Someone *tried* to stab me a good few years ago now but I grabbed the blade with my hand and there's a rather good scar there! I was shot with an air rifle in the thigh once, that's not too bad now though. (tough area where I live!) I was involved in a bike crash again on Queens Drive (WandA will know that possibly) and. . . Wait for it. . . Shattered a testicle and it really really fucking hurt! I got up from that though and limped away so got a nice scar on my ball sack from that one! Got loads of little scars on my head, shins, hands and arms from weapons training in martial arts. Also had one tooth knocked out whilst kickboxing in Manchester, I got disqualified that day! Oopsies :-) Workwise Only one serious-ish accident when my head/hair went on fire. Face was okay but hair got burnt off and scalp was bad and once my scalp had healed I've shaved my head ever since! SG x

My school was off Queens drive!

Not got much else to say, don't know where to start Mr Bauer... Errr... Glad you're ok now!

PPB [sign in to see picture]

Well, Bluebottle I am pretty sure he loves me, he does tell me every day. Im just nervous that he will see my imperfections, Im not very confident when it comes to that. I was really nervous just letting him see me naked for the first time. `Now Im kind of afraid it will gross him out or put him off sex with me. theyre not little scars and theyre all purple and fresh its not what he is used to seeing. Also ill have to be careful shaving that leg ( i can use hair removal cream due to allergies and i think if i used wax and got a bit on the scar i could rip it open) so he will see my hairy leg as well

cant use hair removal cream sorry

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Tigerlilies wrote:

Damn waiting lists are the worst part of it. But if you're surgeon does both areas he'll be fab.

NHS hopsitals are just as excellent, just don't be afraid to ask people if they've used the alcohol pump before they visit.

They really are, the NHS gets much more stick than it deserves. Look at America and consider how lucky we are!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

PPB wrote:

Well, Bluebottle I am pretty sure he loves me, he does tell me every day. Im just nervous that he will see my imperfections, Im not very confident when it comes to that. I was really nervous just letting him see me naked for the first time. `Now Im kind of afraid it will gross him out or put him off sex with me. theyre not little scars and theyre all purple and fresh its not what he is used to seeing. Also ill have to be careful shaving that leg ( i can use hair removal cream due to allergies and i think if i used wax and got a bit on the scar i could rip it open) so he will see my hairy leg as well

Keep positive - you know that really he won't even notice! You can shave around your scar and I'm sure a little fur won't bother him at all - he'll probably love that you trust him enough to let him see your little imperfections. Personally I love imperfections on people and I think a lot of people are the same!

Hear hear Tigerlilies and WandA - NHS is fab - I've been well looked after since my diagnosis and during my discovery of my "issues". Had very few problems, the only problems were due to individual doctors and nothing to do with the NHS system really.

Ax

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Tigerlilies wrote:

Damn waiting lists are the worst part of it. But if you're surgeon does both areas he'll be fab.

NHS hopsitals are just as excellent, just don't be afraid to ask people if they've used the alcohol pump before they visit.

They really are, the NHS gets much more stick than it deserves. Look at America and consider how lucky we are!

True, but to give another good reason for having family around, you need to have someone to fight your corner. As long as you're patient and polite you got to fight for a lot of things and don't be afraid to get every little last piece of info out of people. If your meds are making you nauseous, tell them you need ones that are better suited because they'll have better expensive goodies they won't immediately relinuish without a friendly prod. It's the same case with a lot scenarios and it's great if you have someone's who's more lucid as an inbetween. If only for translation.

ive had major problems with the nhs that i cant feel able to talk about just yet but the only people who have been nice to me are the cardiologists i have seen and the dr regarding my leg, except there was an issue when they werent giving me enough pain relief and the nurse shouted at me and made me cry when my brother got involved

id also like to take this opportunity to thank bluebottle for coming to visit me on both occasions i have been in hospital recently and for being my personal therapist as we like to call it! All those times when i was struggling in physio, and for the times to come when no doubt youll still be there, and i know mr ppb appreciates the break as well so thankyou xxxxx

ppb

Bluebottle [sign in to see picture]

Aw thank you, it was worth the drive each time just to see you and hopefully cheer you up a bit- or take you completely by surprise as we did on New Year's Day!!!

Yes it's a long way but that's what cars were invented for (....and trains but it's too expensive!!!) and I'll be up again soon if I can xxx

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

I don't have many, I heal well. I've a slight mark from slicing my thumb open when I was careless carving once, but it's barely visible! A couple of scars from chickenpox (good going given I've had it 5 times), I have vague markings on my left hip from shingles, which have taken a decade to fade properly. A mark on my elbow from a press iron (industrial laundry) but I got away lucky on that one and it only shows when it's really cold. My left big toe is thickened at the joint due to breaking it the second time and one middle one is at a slightly off angle having been dis/relocated so many times, fortunately since my two feet started off absolutely identically it isn' at all obvious :)

Two thickened (arthritic) finger joints but since I have big knuckles and skinny fingers anyway I can hide that easily. Only ever broke a wrist (yay) and I've a small birthmark exactly in the centre of the small of my back. The only one I don't like is the wee mole above my shoulder blade. I've a few stretchmarks on hips but consider myself fortunate to have such scarce evidence of heavy steroid treatment etc and weight/ size fluctuations. They don't count as scars I think but I've had a lot of teeth removed from a small jaw (economy bone structure) and I'm terrified of losing more because they didn't develop properly so are too soft and weak. There is one that is missing a filling right now (I occasionally am swilling whisky) and the thought of losing any more at all literally makes me cry. Perhaps they can be scars of a sort from a life which means i am grateful to have acheived a decent height and have as many teeth as I do. :~S

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

PPB wrote:

ive had major problems with the nhs that i cant feel able to talk about just yet but the only people who have been nice to me are the cardiologists i have seen and the dr regarding my leg, except there was an issue when they werent giving me enough pain relief and the nurse shouted at me and made me cry when my brother got involved

id also like to take this opportunity to thank bluebottle for coming to visit me on both occasions i have been in hospital recently and for being my personal therapist as we like to call it! All those times when i was struggling in physio, and for the times to come when no doubt youll still be there, and i know mr ppb appreciates the break as well so thankyou xxxxx

ppb

Really? I'm so sorry *hugs* I've only come across two bad staff members so far (amazing given my history with them) I hope you are treated better in future by them. xx

Its always great to see you all i loved the surprise i was feeling particularly down on new years day so the hospital visit really cheered me up

xx

mbtoo [sign in to see picture]

Sorry to hear so many of you have been through so much. You all sound so positive and strong so I'm sure everything will work out for all of you. *hugs*
    I have lots of small scars from being accident prone/stupid!
    I have one on my finger from shutting it in a car door,(most painfull!), one under my chin involving a sparkler and a cigarette,not a good idea! Had 7 stiches in my ankle after cutting on a piece of slate in the garden, two on my arm from when I was a kid and my sister locked me out of the kitchen so I banged on the glass to be let back in and put my arms straight through it! And a burn on my stomach from being in a rush and ironing naked!

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

On other people I love most things that would be classically described as imperfections whether that's heterochromia, pointy ears, moles, freckles, stretch marks or scars! I think scars are not only decorative but they tell a story so they're interesting marks of what you've experienced. For some reason I find it hard to see my own scars this way.

I too am a self harmer. I don't feel I can describe this in past tense as think whether or not I'm actually still cutting myself it'll be something I always have to fight the urge to do. I don't like these scars on me at all as strangers will sometimes comment on them and I find that quite uncomfortable. I used see them as marks of weakness and inability to deal with emotions. Now I see the healed wounds as evidence to myself that I've stopped and that provides some comfort.

My only other marks of report are acne scars which are irritating but I suppose the benefit of adult acne is that it means your old scars are covered by new spots!

xxKPxx

*Emma* [sign in to see picture]

sexy little minx wrote:

Most of my scars are minor ones apart from 1.

The 1 that freaks everyone out is the one I have on the lens of my left eye, although it can't be seen unless it's at the opticions the story turns most peoples stomach. If you are squeemish look away now! When I was 2 yrs old I fell and stuck a fork in my eye! If I or anyone else had tried to pull it out I would have lost my eye but lucky for me I didn't do too much lasting damage.

Got plenty of little other scars, 3 on my face, 1 on my left thumb where I nearly chopped it off! 1 on my right hand from an operation, several on my legs/knees from when I was a kid. A few scars on my chest from chicken pox.

The ones I'm most proud of though are my stretch marks (if you can call them scars) from when I had my son, without them I wouldn't have him. He calls them my birth wrinkles!

Eeeek!! My cousin did similar but with a pencil

I have stretch marks and hate them, make me feel ugly. Ive tried to think of them as mummy marks and as a reminder of the babies i carried but i really detest them, they get me own quite a bit at times. Apart from those i have a tiny one on my eyebrow from chicken pox and one on my wrist from the oven! x

I don't have any stretch marks but every boy I've brought it up in discussion with says it's something they honestly don't register. For them it's sign that you have a womanly shape and a promise of curves. In other words: Kerching. The same with cellulite, once a man has a naked woman to hand he's not thinking about your flaws he's thanking Christ for all he's worth.

Puppies77 [sign in to see picture]

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

I've got a very faint scar now on my forehead where I came off a trial bike as a kid, no helmet tut tut! I was hit in the face with a cricket bat by some shithouse as a teenager which tore my cheek open, ended up having stitches, that's healed well too. Someone *tried* to stab me a good few years ago now but I grabbed the blade with my hand and there's a rather good scar there! I was shot with an air rifle in the thigh once, that's not too bad now though. (tough area where I live!) I was involved in a bike crash again on Queens Drive (WandA will know that possibly) and. . . Wait for it. . . Shattered a testicle and it really really fucking hurt! I got up from that though and limped away so got a nice scar on my ball sack from that one! Got loads of little scars on my head, shins, hands and arms from weapons training in martial arts. Also had one tooth knocked out whilst kickboxing in Manchester, I got disqualified that day! Oopsies :-) Workwise Only one serious-ish accident when my head/hair went on fire. Face was okay but hair got burnt off and scalp was bad and once my scalp had healed I've shaved my head ever since! SG x

Bloody Hell!!

Thats an impressive list :O

But for anyone who really wants a solution to lady lines in the red, angry stage there is laser treatment but I say love your marks and work it.

naughtymonkey [sign in to see picture]

Just had a quick check over myself, and it seems I have a fair few...

One of my thumbs has a scar across the back, over the tendon, where I slipped with a penknife while cutting a plastic bottle and nailed my thumb and part way through the tendon. As it healed you could feel the notch underneath... The other thumb has a scar running around it, this was done on a broken pane in an old red phonebox. Hadn't noticed it was broken when I used the phone, casually put my hand up to lean against the side of it and sliced my thumb open.

My left wrist has a scar just above it, caused by catching it on a car bumper - I was reaching under to adjust an exhaust mount with the engine running (so hot exhaust), back of my hand brushed against the exhaust so I pulled my hand out, opening it on the inside of the bumper! My right elbow has a birthmark, looks like an upside-down Tenerife. There's also a random fine white line, god knows what I did that on though. I did remove most of the skin from the right elbow crashing my bike as a teenager. The bike was also responsible for my right knee and upper thigh, although the upper thigh scars have faded.

Speaking of upper thigh area, I have a small scar on my scrotum, where a biopsy was performed on my right testicle during infertility investigations. My lower to middle back has a fair few acne scars from some pretty massive spots during the teen years. And lastly my left nipple has scar tissue from the first time I had it pierced, it was fun getting the needle through the scar the second (and current) time it was done. I've got one chicken pox scar on my forehead, and I know there's a few on my head from clattering it on the garage door!

I love my scars, they pretty much all have their own story....

Sam66 [sign in to see picture]

I have a scar on my neck from an operation that went wrong - I can't move my left arm now more than about 50% of normal.

One ex in particular found it fascinating and kept stroking it ... not that I minded though!!!

I've got various other scars on my hands, legs, chest, forehard from all the normal childhood activities. My parents were permanently at A + E and became worried they'd be questioned for child battering!!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.