Want it on Sunday? Order in the next ... and choose your Delivery Day
  • Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Beautiful Scars: What's your story?

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

One of my treasured parts of a first seduction is discovering the hidden away secrets on a person's body. Save a for a Tweety bird tattoo they are always so beautiful to me, especially a scar because it's so personal.

I've got quite a biggie. Running down most of my back after I had a spinal fusion recently. I'm so attached to it because it reminds me of the best thing I've ever done. And the bloody hardest.

It looks a little something like this example off the net http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3177/3025032381_3011130cd1.jpg

Do you have any secret scars? What's your story? Inspiring or funny, I'm still curious if you got it skateboarding or saving a cat up a tree. Maybe it's a sex scar from an overenthusiastic session?

x

Kitty_McPlunder [sign in to see picture]

As a former self harmer, I indeed have many scars, mostly on my thighs, but the major one is on my left wrist from a suicide attempt. - All major and depressing I know - but bear with me.....

Despite that side of my past, I wouldn't for a moment wish away my scars, I actually love them because they're part of me now and they kinda prove to me that I can handle some of the shit that life throws at me. I wouldn't for a moment recommend self harm in any way, shape or form, but at the time it worked for me, and while I hope never again to go through such a bad time, I wouldn't wish it away, or take it back.

I draw on my scars nowadays and turn them into little works of art! (bad ones, but art none-the-less!) :-D

WandA [sign in to see picture]

I have a weird lump on my finger when I cut the pad off and it was 'stuck' on wonky. Also my thumb was split about a 5th of the way down by about an inch...

I used to do a lot of making things... I wasn't very careful sometimes...

Oooo I have a bun on my leg that looks a little bit like a sewn up vulva...

All minor ones.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Kitty_McPlunder wrote:

As a former self harmer, I indeed have many scars, mostly on my thighs, but the major one is on my left wrist from a suicide attempt. - All major and depressing I know - but bear with me.....

Congratulations on making it through *hugs*

I also harmed but not in the same way to most harmers. I did it when I was angry, mostly with myself, so I'd use something fairly blunt to intensify the pain. Only one scar remaining, on my left thigh, from the very last time I ever did it. I promised to WandA I would never do it again and I refuse to break that promise no matter how angry I am so I'm proud of that scar

I have a scar on my right wrist from when I baked WandA some cookies as a birthday present - I managed to catch the oven getting them out! I also have a pretty deep scar on my calf from a cut on broken glass on holiday in southern Cyprus. I used to have these weird speckled scars all over my body too from the same holiday where I was bitten hundreds of times by mosquitoes (no exaggeration) but luckily they faded with time.

My hands are wrinkled from obsessive compulsive handwashing too.

Other than that I'm fairly lucky in that my skin doesn't damage or scar very easily as most of the scars I have collected have faded. I do have a couple of scars on my perineum (sp?) from regular tearing but they're barely noticeable. I do have a couple of unusual discoloured patches on my skin - over pigmentation on my right arm and under pigmentation by my belly button.

I find little "imperfections" fascinating - I'd love to tell you about WandA's scars but I'll leave that to him

Ax

Hey Kitty_McPlunder, sounds like you've healed as beautifully as your scars did.

Oh he beat me to it! His hands are interesting because of his two scars although they were worrying at the time of doing them!

Ax

My less romantic scars include a tiny one on my forehead from faceplanting in concrete as a child and a tiny one on my side where a chest drain treated my pneumonia.

I also have a scar on my hand that's barely visible to anyone but me from the first boy I fell for at 5.

My right foot has a carpet burn from common room sex. Not a boy I fell in love but a brick house of a guy who used words I've never heard outside Barry White songs. Had the voice too. Strange to be reminded every time I have a pedicure.

WandA wrote:

All minor ones.

Crikey. You don't hear that kind of scar story in Jaws.

I had a mate who had one smack between his eyes...

He was running playing football, we noticed an impending catastrophe and therefore warned him, he looked up and took a rather big broken branch into his head and hit the deck... After our initial concern we too all ended up on the floor, laughing. He still has a third eye now.

OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]

Mine isn't through anything sexy, or even all that exciting. Kinda dramatic, but only for those who cared about me living or not lol!

About a foot long, and due to life-saving surgery because of illness that had gone misdiagnosed, then caused another - potentially fatal - illness to spawn. :\

Tigerlilies wrote:

WandA wrote:

All minor ones.

Crikey. You don't hear that kind of scar story in Jaws.

It was from burning plastic, not at all sure why it looks like that... maybe it doesn't and its just me...

Well done AdnaW for keeping that promise for the both of you! And thanks Tigerlilies, I'm really proud of myself for not cutting for so long, and I very rarely get the urge anymore aswell. I love my counsellor. Seriously, she saved my life.

I think its good to be proud/happy with your scars - afterall, they will probably never fully go away, so if you can embrace them, then all the better! :) - I love turning my wrist scar into a dragonfly, the rest usually get turned into ladybirds or butterflies. – My friend once challenged me to do a unicorn, but it went wrong and looking like a maimed horse! XD

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

I dont have any scars, not any really noticeable ones anyway. I used to have stretch marks around my boobs from when I went on the implant and they got big all of a sudden, but they've actually started fading recently and you can only really notice them if you know they're there.

My distinguishing marks though are two moles I have, relatively large compared to the other moles on my body. I have one on my left breast and one on my mound. Given their positions, I like to think that they're marks of quality!

sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]

Most of my scars are minor ones apart from 1.

The 1 that freaks everyone out is the one I have on the lens of my left eye, although it can't be seen unless it's at the opticions the story turns most peoples stomach. If you are squeemish look away now! When I was 2 yrs old I fell and stuck a fork in my eye! If I or anyone else had tried to pull it out I would have lost my eye but lucky for me I didn't do too much lasting damage.

Got plenty of little other scars, 3 on my face, 1 on my left thumb where I nearly chopped it off! 1 on my right hand from an operation, several on my legs/knees from when I was a kid. A few scars on my chest from chicken pox.

The ones I'm most proud of though are my stretch marks (if you can call them scars) from when I had my son, without them I wouldn't have him. He calls them my birth wrinkles!

sexy little minx wrote:

The ones I'm most proud of though are my stretch marks (if you can call them scars) from when I had my son, without them I wouldn't have him. He calls them my birth wrinkles!

Ahhh adorable! I'm not suprised you're proud! My hat goes off to anyone who manages pregnancy and childbirth (be it labour or otherwise - they're all pretty horrific!)

Ax

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

I have a few scars on my knees. I fell over quite a bit when I was a kid and I couldnt resist picking the scabs! They're pretty unnoticeable though, it's not like knees are a focal point!

omg SLM! did it impair your vision at all??

AdnaW wrote:

sexy little minx wrote:

Ahhh adorable! I'm not suprised you're proud! My hat goes off to anyone who manages pregnancy and childbirth (be it labour or otherwise - they're all pretty horrific!)

Ax

Lady lines are your medals of honour OA mums x

Ecksvie wrote:

My distinguishing marks though are two moles I have, relatively large compared to the other moles on my body. I have one on my left breast and one on my mound. Given their positions, I like to think that they're marks of quality!

Haha, I have one on my balls and cock... for that reason I agree Ecks!

Guess we have excellent defences against certain sex crimes!

sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]

Not really when I was younger but as I've got older my vision in my left eye has got slightly worse, have to wear glasses for reading and stuff as I can't quite focus properly on the words, nothing major though. Was away getting my eyes tested today and it hasn't changed too much since the last test so I'm quite happy, getting new glasses next week!

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.