FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. scented oils

*AdamKR* [sign in to see picture]

for valentines as well as many other things im going to be giving my wife an all over body massage with scented candles and scented massage oils, but unsure on which scented oils to use, anybody able to suggest some good ones?

WandA [sign in to see picture]

*AdamKR* wrote:

for valentines as well as many other things im going to be giving my wife an all over body massage with scented candles and scented massage oils, but unsure on which scented oils to use, anybody able to suggest some good ones?

I know alot of people here will love the lush massage bars! Not oil but it does turn into oil.

mimiaow [sign in to see picture]

Ooh, that sounds like a really nice idea - I'm sure she'll thank you for that. If you own any essential oils (aromatherapy oils are usually essentials, but in a base substance of some kind of oil) they can be used, as long as they're not put straight onto the skin (they are so concentrated that come can irritate and cause problems).

Googling the topic may come up with some useful things, such as the one here, which also has some links down at the bottom of the page:

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/massage/a/aromatherapy.htm

LoveHoney stocks a variety of products that you may want to have a nosy at; the Erotic Massage section may be worth a look:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/store.cfm?cat=23

sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]

Jasmine oil is lovely and very sensual, it is known to be an aphrodisiac. Just remember if you are using pure oils to get a carrier oil too.

mimiaow [sign in to see picture]

As for particular scents, it's easy to say that it 'depends on the person' (although it really does, because some smells that conjure up erotic images of an intimate evening in one woman, might remind another of her nan's living room), but there are some general scents to look out for if you're not sure what you want to go for.

• Patchouli
    • Vanilla
    • Rose
    • Sandalwood (this is better as a kind of 'base note' - mixing it in with something like patchouli, and perhaps something else lighter, works better for me in this situation)
    • Ylang-ylang
    • Sage (again, I wouldn't say on it's own, but that's because personally it has strong connections to a very different atmosphere)
    Ilovemyman [sign in to see picture]

Have you seen the candles on here i think they are Jo Malone, they are candles that melt at a lower tempature and then you can use the melted wax as a massage oil, or there is a gift set with bubble bath, rose petals, massage oil and a massager, i've got it for valentines day it looks good. xx

masterandslave [sign in to see picture]

Be careful not to get any oils on ladybits too! They don't mix! There is a durex lube which doubles us as a massage gel but it's no where near as good as using a lush massage bar and a separate lube.

x

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.