• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Vibrator use question: is this supposed to happen??

Rose Harlot [sign in to see picture]

Hello all, first post here so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section or anything.

Whenever I use any vibrating toy internally (vaginally), I feel the vibrations at the back of my neck and the base of my skull! Is that normal? The vibrations seem to be travelling directly up my spine. :/

They can't be felt externally on my neck (I asked my husband to check), but they're definitely rattling away inside it. It's mild, and not painful at all, but it's not a pleasant feeling. Feels similar to when the dentist is drilling your tooth and the vibrations travel through the bones of your head and neck. It doesn't feel like a nerve issue, it feels like my bones are physically rattling. This happens whether standing, sitting or lying down. On low intensity vibes and higher ones. The rattling stops as soon as I turn off the toy.

I can't find anything on the internet about this, does it happen to anyone else?

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

This is not something I have come across. Hopefully somebody else will be of more help. X

Jezebella [sign in to see picture]

I've used a toy that was so powerful it rattled my pelvic bones before, but not my head.

Although you say it doesn't feel like nerves, I think the most likely explanation is a neuronal one.

In the part of the brain that receives touch information there are areas that represent different parts of the body. Sometimes these areas can overlap so that stimulation in one area feels like it is located somewhere else. This happens very often in people who have lost a limb, they end up "feeling" the missing limb when another part of the body is touched.

Have you tried putting a vibrator on your neck and seeing if you feel it in your vagina?

I'm not saying that the vibrations couldn't be transferring through bone up your Spine, but there is quite a lot of soft tissue between your vagina and tail bone (your rectum and bowel) that the vibes would have to transfer through first. Another experiment you could do is place the vibrator directly on your tail bone and see if the vibes travel up to your neck and you get the same sensation. If you don't its unlikely to be bone transfer.

I'm not sure how to offer any advise, other than if the sensation is off putting you may have to forego vaginal vibrations. You could try experimenting with non vibrating toys, such as glass dildos, instead?

Jezebella [sign in to see picture]

Also, if it is that brain areas are overlapping you won't be the first. There was a case a while ago of a woman who could orgasm by brushing her teeth! Brains are really unique things.

Wight*goddess [sign in to see picture]

I get this occasionally when using a certain rhythm or when the vibrator is angled at a particular spot and it does feel like your whole body is buzzing. I just assume that I've hit a nerve and either move the vibe or ride it out (although not painful, it can be pretty intense and bring on a powerful orgasm).

I dont experience it every time though. Do you find you are ultra sensative to other types of stimulation? Maybe putting a thickish condom over the vibrator might dull the sensation a little?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.