• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com

1. Sex during pregnancy?

BigishBen [sign in to see picture]

For folks with kids, how did your sex lives go during pregnancy? My wife is totally off it, completely. It's pretty frustrating but I respect her feelings. But on the other hand I've heard folk say their wives were rampant during it! Is it that simple? Your either horny all the time or dead against?!

ScumptiousDumptious [sign in to see picture]

To be honest. Mine came and went. She may feel rough (sickness) feel heavier, sore boobs & pelvis, cumbersome less sexy / desirable.
    Other times It was a case of I couldn't get enough sex.
    Hormones!! I can assure you though, she's just as frustrated if not more so.

Patience, Massage & a foot rub will get you in her good books.

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

During the first few months I didn't fancy it all ....too busy being sick ! But when I reached 5 months I began to get the urge again and from then on I was literally rampant , I couldn't get enough of it even right up to a couple of days before the births.
    I don't know what stage of pregnancy your wife is at but it's different for every woman.

Antti67 [sign in to see picture]

My wife and I are expecting twins in December and we are still making love everyday sometimes twice or more. We are both quite horny and have been before we became pregnant. My wife likes me to touch her boobs and the bump.

Lu SB [sign in to see picture]

To be honest I was too bothered by heartburn and heat to even think about having sex and this unfortunately was nearly all the time. Between 24 - 35 weeks I was feeling quite normal though and we used to make love quite often, but before and after that, it was just impossible. The massages and baths together were lovely!

lace21 [sign in to see picture]

When I was pregnant with my first I wasn't more horny, we still had sex but not much. When I fell pregnant with my second last year it was if a switch had finally been turned on and I found my libido! We were at it like rabbits twice a day and I even got a liking for anal which was when we started doing that aswell. We even had sex the morning I went into labour. I was lucky with both pregnancies as never had any real symptoms that some women get like sickness and extreme tiredness. Just think my hormones went into overdrive! I am sure she might fancy it at some point but just be patient, maybe run her a nice bath with candles and give her a foot massage (always goes down well when your pregnant ) and then maybe you could take the massage further up her leg and see if that gets things going!
    Good luck! When is baby due? Is it your first?

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

We didn't have sex at all throughout my pregnancy, and only engaged in oral/foreplay a handful of times. I had terrible nausea/sickness throughout most of my pregnancy, SPD (which is absolute agony, I couldn't even open my legs), and I just didn't feel horny at all. I didn't want to have sex for the first 12 weeks due to my history of miscarriage (which occurred after having sex), then after that we were both still too nervous, and I suffered complications in my third trimester which put me on bed rest & pelvic rest anyway.

40 weeks (plus recovery) is only a short period in your life. I understand that it must be frustrating for you, as it must have been for my partner, but I really appreciated his patience and understanding. A nice massage every once in a while didn't hurt either 😉

Hutch013 [sign in to see picture]

As you can see from the above all women are different.
    It's generally believed that the second trimester is when a pregnant woman will see a resurgence in their sex drive, and possibly even spike well above pre-pregnancy levels.
    We found that my OH rediscovered her sex life in the second trimester, probably around 14 weeks ish, it didn't go up to ridiculous levels but it was certainly back :)
    I was lucky that this continued through the pregnancy, although her physical discomfort meant altering positions to allow for that, and sometimes just being very happy with touching each other :)

Wight*goddess [sign in to see picture]

I know exactly which night both my kids were made, from the moment of conception I went off sex with both of them. We didnt have sex again until child 1 was nearly a year old and then it was an effort and an obligation. I was feeling a bit better before I fell for no.2 and then nothing again for 18 months. After that I hated sex for years. It was only last September when child2 was 4.5 that we rediscovered our sex life.

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

It was very on/off for me. During the weeks I was throwing up, I was not interested in anything other than sleeping and perfecting the art of puking in a bucket without getting splashback. Then for the following few months I was pretty much rampant, but with my second pregnancy I nearly always regretted it as it would leave me feeling seasick. Then the bigger I got, the less interested I became.

Fujiyamamama [sign in to see picture]

It's been on and off for me, however husband finds me incredibly sexy when I'm pregnant so I tried to as much as possible, over the last 4 weeks I have been in a permanent state of arousal and we've been doing it sometimes upto 4 times a day.

I'm not looking to giving birth and having to miss out on fun tbh :/

Arronw [sign in to see picture]

When my mrs was pregnant first and second time she was completely off it 9months without twice 😱 She gave birth 8weeks ago and we have had it a couple times since but she still feels off it abit probably lack of sleep haha

It's all to do with the hormones so if the hormones are making her feel shit then she's not going to want it unfortunatly some people have to put up with them hormones through the hole pregnancy like my mrs did she was also throwing up 24/7 so that didn't help the her wanting sex department anyway

BigishBen [sign in to see picture]

Interesting reading the replies. Thanks for taking the time! Honestly wasn't wanting to sound selfish just wanted some insider info! As I said I'd never pressure my wife into something she didn't want to do. Will try the foot massage though see how she likes that! And yea this is no 1 for us and we are due early September.........

lace21 [sign in to see picture]

BigishBen wrote:

Interesting reading the replies. Thanks for taking the time! Honestly wasn't wanting to sound selfish just wanted some insider info! As I said I'd never pressure my wife into something she didn't want to do. Will try the foot massage though see how she likes that! And yea this is no 1 for us and we are due early September.........

Not long to go then! She should appreciate the foot massage I am sure like I suggested as I did when I was pregnant. Make the most of your last few months together as you won't get a minutes peace or rest after! All the best!
    Bigjason [sign in to see picture]

With my EX wife when she was pregnant with our first child ( which was a boy ) it seems she was always horny. She could never get enough sex. Even when I came home dead tired from work and driving home ( drove 190 miles round trip) she wanted to have sex. After we ate our supper and relax, watch TV,then went to bed, she wanted to have sex. This was like this right up to birth of our son.

When she was pregnant with our second baby ( which was a girl ) after about a month and half ( she found out she was pregnant again) she didn't want any sex at all. Not even a hand job on me. I even try to suck on her tits( which she likes when she wasn't pregnant) but a no go.

So it depends on the woman and her hormones.

KERMIT [sign in to see picture]

Lu SB wrote:

To be honest I was too bothered by heartburn and heat to even think about having sex and this unfortunately was nearly all the time. Between 24 - 35 weeks I was feeling quite normal though and we used to make love quite often, but before and after that, it was just impossible. The massages and baths together were lovely!🙂

🙂

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

I loved drinking my wifes milk before and after birth, until you try, guys, you have no idea what you're missing, I would drink my wife dry whilst having sex.

Heidi920 [sign in to see picture]

First and second trimester I wasn't bothered much due to all day sickness but in third trimester I couldn't get enough of it!
    Good luck on your awaited arrival x

Lorah13 [sign in to see picture]

First trimester for me I was too exhausted for anything other than sleep lol, second trimester I couldn't get enough of it then third trimester it gradually became really uncomfortable for me as I got bigger, didn't take me long to become really horny again though after giving birth even though I waited the 6 weeks to allow myself to heal properly first it was tough waiting that long lol.

lovelylumps [sign in to see picture]

I was completely off it. My sickness made me feel so so ill and I just couldn't even bare to think of it lol. Plus my husband was away a lot which worked in my favour at the time.
    I Did feel awful for him though!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.