• Weird reactions to lubes

Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]

The only times i have ever bled during anal are twice and both times I was using ID heat. never again.

And when i say bleed i mean enough to soak a piece of kitchen roll. no pain though.

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

alone4ever wrote:

The only times i have ever bled during anal are twice and both times I was using ID heat. never again.

And when i say bleed i mean enough to soak a piece of kitchen roll. no pain though.

AiiiI! That sounds awful alone4ever (PS I really want to give you a nickname because that's surely not going to be true for long)

Lady Luna [sign in to see picture]

SO, shall we all complain at Durex?

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

I HATE the durex tingle lube! That evil lube of the devil burned the hell out of me and my OH! Annoyingly I even did a patch test it on my wrist in advance and that was fine but on my pussy and my OH's cock....OMFG ouch!

xxKPxx

Cara Sutra [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

I HATE the durex tingle lube! That evil lube of the devil burned the hell out of me and my OH! Annoyingly I even did a patch test it on my wrist in advance and that was fine but on my pussy and my OH's cock....OMFG ouch!

xxKPxx

Well I know what Im getting CarasMinnie for her birthday

*insert relevant disclaimer here*

Cara's Minnie [sign in to see picture]

Mistress Cara wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

xxKPxx

There's no need, really!

Cara Sutra [sign in to see picture]

Cara's Minnie wrote:

Mistress Cara wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

xxKPxx

There's no need, really!

yeah helps to have something to lube I guess

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

xxKPxx

It burns like the fire of a thousand suns! Put me off durex lubes altogether, i seem to be a little sensitive to some lubes. Mr R quite liked the tingle though so used it up for solo entertainment ;~)

Enigma42 [sign in to see picture]

My OH seems to get a nasty reaction to KY even though it is water based, he get sore and itchy the day after. Has anyone else had this reaction to it or able to offer any alternatives we can use?

I need to use a lube of some sort as I tend to be a bit on the dry side but I do not want to cause him discomfort as a result of my pleasure.

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

Enigma42 wrote:

My OH seems to get a nasty reaction to KY even though it is water based, he get sore and itchy the day after. Has anyone else had this reaction to it or able to offer any alternatives we can use?

I need to use a lube of some sort as I tend to be a bit on the dry side but I do not want to cause him discomfort as a result of my pleasure.

Enigma - I'm having good luck countering general dryness with a couple of slim vibrators. I have to be very careful with anything that's going to be absorbed, so If I ever get to have sex again I'm planning on using this approach. MIght be worth seeing if it works for you.

If you're not using condoms or toys, almond oil is excellent. I've heard that coconut oil works as well.

muchkin [sign in to see picture]

Most Durex lubes we cant use because they bring my husband out in rashes and it burns him so we steer well clear of anything like that.

Interesting to see that lots of people have reactions to them though

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

I'm another who's had a nasty burning sensation from Durex Tingle. I've noticed that I also get a similar sensation from Original Source mint and tea tree shower gel, so I think it's the mint that does it as that's what Tingle tastes of. I also have the lemon and tea tree shower gel and don't get anything off of that, so I'm sure it's the mint.

Enigma42 [sign in to see picture]

rose hip wrote:

If you're not using condoms or toys, almond oil is excellent. I've heard that coconut oil works as well.

Would Olive oil be ok to use? I use it for massages so it seemed like the next step.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Enigma42 wrote:

Astroglide Natural Water-Based Lubricant and Moisturizer 74ml&reviewid=25363#customer_reviews

This is really great! Shame about the price...

Adx

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

Enigma42 wrote:

rose hip wrote:

Would Olive oil be ok to use? I use it for massages so it seemed like the next step.

Olive oil is heavier than sweet almond or coconut oils, so it (in theory) could be more likely to cause spots. The smell is also stronger. I haven't used it in that way. Keep in mind that oils will degrade condoms and (at least some) toy materials.

Sweet almond oil is the one I've used. It's cheap enough that I haven't explored others, at least for this.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.