• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Would you change when you became sexually active?

The Woodie [sign in to see picture]

I have always been a late starter and gave my virginity away at 31. I didn't lose it, I know where it went and I have no regrets about who I gave it to. 

Later in life, that would be now, I often think on what I missed due to lack of confidence and downright fear.

Would you change when you became sexually active and why?

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

This is a subject some of us won't be able to comment on as Lovehoney starts at 18 .

paulsballs [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

This is a subject some of us won't be able to comment on as Lovehoney starts at 18 .

i lost my virginity at 18 with who i tought was the love of my life, how wrong you can be when your young!!!

i wished i knew then what i know now!!

hind site is a wonderfull thing,

i could and should have waited.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

The Woodie wrote:

I have always been a late starter and gave my virginity away at 31. I didn't lose it, I know where it went and I have no regrets about who I gave it to.

Later in life, that would be now, I often think on what I missed due to lack of confidence and downright fear.

Like yourself I wish I had the confidence I do now have.

My biggest regret is going out with a model and all the problems that brings .Wasted too much time in a tricky juggling act relationship.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Nope, wouldn't change I felt ready at the time.

The Woodie [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

The Woodie wrote:

Like yourself I wish I had the confidence I do now have.

My biggest regret is going out with a model and all the problems that brings .Wasted too much time in a tricky juggling act relationship.

I have no more confidence now than I did then.

Thanks for responding.

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

I have no regrets. I felt ready at the time and lost it to my then boyfriend who's one of the sweetest guys ever. I've had a few partners since then and don't regret any of them either.

[suspended user]

suspended user

There are so many other things I'd change that the age of sexual discovery doesn't even come in to it.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

No, I waited for the right person and a certain level of trust between us. It felt right to me so I wouldn't change it

Lu SB [sign in to see picture]

No, I wouldn't change because my first was a really lovely guy and we were finding out new things together, I felt really easy with him.

Lyndav71 [sign in to see picture]

I had a bad experience when I was young so didn't give my virginity away until I was 21, I had very limited experience namely the person I lost my virginity to and then my husband. My husband died 7 years ago and I think I have become a little bit more adventurous and willing to experiment as I get older.

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

Yes and no. I'm glad it was with the person it was as we'd grown together and gone through all these new experiences together. But I think it was the reason behind it I would change - I really fancied this older guy and I thought if I wasn't a virgin that he would think I was more grown up and be interested. Very silly of me.

*sexybabe* [sign in to see picture]

I lost my virginity to the man who is now my husband! So no regrets from me. I don't tend to regret anything, I think everything you do shapes you into the person you are now ☺️

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

I really do not like the concept of regret. I cannot change the past, but instead I can appreciate the journey and be open to where I am now and what makes sense for me.

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

I felt ready at the time, and I don't regret it, but I am embarrassed and ashamed to admit what age I became sexually active at, so I'd definitely change that. It would have been nice if I had lost my virginity to my OH, but I'll just put everything else down to experience and be glad that we're together now 😊

Kanu Suckmeov [sign in to see picture]

No regrets here! with my first true love we experienced a truely lovely relationship that lasted three and a half years. We had a fantastic time together, but we had both changed as we got slightly older. Lovely memories!

KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]

I feel a bit awkward about this thread because I seem to be a hundred miles away from other peoples responses but yes, I would change it as well as a lot of my experiences as unfortunately I am a person who has regrets. It is good to read that most do not though :)

Bigtrak [sign in to see picture]

No....I was young and bad....but that allowed me to become as experienced and knowledgable now. Just wish I was as honest about sex as I am now.

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

I'm still with my first love over 40 years and two children later so I have no regrets - I don't deserve the happiness I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy.

I do occasionally think about my excessively well-spent youth - having been a failure for much of my childhood, success, when I finally tasted it, was so addictive I pursued it to the exclusion of all else. I do wonder what might have been had I been different and had recognised and seized the amorous opportunities that, in retrospect, I realise were offered me.

But these musings are not wishes - for to wish my youth had been different is to wish my children were never born.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.