• Disrespectful on a First Date

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

I am a fan of First Dates on C4 and was watching the episode last night . I like watching chemistry flow between 2 people for the first time. Relationships in general is something I have been quite interested in for some time .So I tend to watch quite a lot of dating type programmes .

However I was quite shocked when a potential gay couple were paired together in last nights episode and one of the guys said that he didnt find the other guy attractive. This guy, probably so upset decided to walk away and this was before the mains got ordered. The guy that walked away I thought was quite reasonable looking for a guy of that age and had a decent character . The other guy who was rude was certainly no picture and obviously very few manners .

I would never be that direspectful and if I didnt fancy that person I would say after the date that there wasn't a spark and concentrate on their positives. The last think you really want to do is to damage somebodies confidence and I think everyone has a duty of care to ensure that doesn't happen .

Just my thoughts .

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

I agree - very disrespectful indeed.

What amazed me was he then sat eating his steak with a 'woe is me' look on his face!!!! Expect to remain single, that's what crossed my mind.

Good luck to the chap he was so rude to xxx

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

lovingnewtoys wrote:

What amazed me was he then sat eating his steak with a 'woe is me' look on his face!!!! Expect to remain single, that's what crossed my mind.

I think the guy with the steak has got a lot of work to do . He needs to work on his ettiquette and I think he needs to lose some weight to bring his face in . That might improve his looks.

The guy that walked away I think will get paired up if he reapplies . I think he was genuine and nice.

Tiger Dick [sign in to see picture]

There's a saying "What somebody says about me is a reflection on them as a human being.." I don't watch the programme, but seems so apt in this case.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

That's awful. Even "you're not my usual type" would have been better than what he actually said. He's not obligated to find his date attractive but he didn't have to hurt his feelings or confidence. Definitely needs to work on thinking before speaking for future dates!

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

I don't watch this show because it's not aired here. However, I don't think it's right to comment on the mean guys appearence. Two wrongs doesn't make a right. Losing weight doesn't always equal getting prettier either.

Tiger Dick [sign in to see picture]

Sxleksaker wrote:

I don't watch this show because it's not aired here. However, I don't think it's right to comment on the mean guys appearence. Two wrongs doesn't make a right. Losing weight doesn't always equal getting prettier either.

Agreed, eye of the beholder etc

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

Just watched this and have to agree that he could have let the chap down a bit more gently and I'm not surprised he walked away either ....think I would have done too !
    I just hope this unfortunate episode doesn't dent the poor fellas confidence too much .

Heidi920 [sign in to see picture]

I was so shocked when he said "what's the point in staying and having a main course"
    I felt so terrible for him being humiliated like that. I hope he gets to go back on the show again.

Lu SB [sign in to see picture]

I didn't watch yesterday, but I thinl nothing justifies being rude. I think even if he found his date was not good looking, he should have been polite and ,at the end of the show, say that he thought he wasn't the kind of guy he was looking for. Some people don't find the other half in these kind of date, but at least they have a laugh and sometimes get a good friend.

The Woodie [sign in to see picture]

I haven't seen the episode, usually catch up on it, but have seen articles about it online.

I think the rejected chap was better looking than the rejector. I know it's all in the eye but everyone else has managed to be civil until the final interview even when you can spot it isn't going well.

Eating your meal on your own in your vest isn't a good look, is it?

Hopefully the rejected chap will get a second date with someone more suitable.

delilahxx [sign in to see picture]

Sxleksaker wrote:

Completely agree with this!

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Agreed. I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing.

Hopefully the guy who left will get another date with someone more deserving xx

Curiousguy1 [sign in to see picture]

It was crazy! Totally disrespectful and fair play to the guy for walking off!!! Fortunately not had an experience like that and don't want to either.

Browncoats [sign in to see picture]

I watched it on 4 seven last night. He was so horrible but I like how Fred went up to him and in amongst said "didn't effect your appetite though"

Lu SB [sign in to see picture]

Browncoats wrote:

I watched it on 4 seven last night. He was so horrible but I like how Fred went up to him and in amongst said "didn't effect your appetite though"

Yes, I liked that because it felt like he too was gobsmacked with the guy lack of manners. I think he was quite unpleasant, starting by the way he offered the other guy a drink, so impersonal and cold. Throughout the meal his body langugae was saying it all: he was not bothered about his date at all and he asked to have a fag, that was another no-no, he took his time and left the other one hanging. He might be a nice person, but based on the first impression, I thought he was rude and anti-social.

taggart65 [sign in to see picture]

And you think that these programmes are not staged ?

Heidi920 [sign in to see picture]

The preview for next weeks episode has the bald guy back in for another date!

smellycat19 [sign in to see picture]

Wow that's shocking! What an awful character. He deserves to remain single. He could've at least finished the date once the meal had ended and politely told him he doesn't wish to see him again, instead of hurting his feelings and denting his confidence and self esteem. So rude and disrespectful.
    I am currently dating and it's often a worry if I'm found to be attractive to the other person. But there is someone out there for everyone and what is attractive to one, may not be to another, it's fair enough and just human nature but no need to be rude about it. I do think some attractiveness is helpful or needed in a sexual sense but if the personality is nice then that's always the winner for me!

I watched the new one a couple of nights ago where the dis-respected guy had a new date. They got on really well and have now been dating 4 months ❤

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.