FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. Do you think this is a good idea?

delilahxx [sign in to see picture]

In my 4 years on Lovehoney I've learnt that some people have bought sex toys for their family members. I found this a bit weird at first but only really because of my background.

My daughter is going to university in September and I'm thinking of getting together a small box of sex toys for her.

I have some I got free which I've never used and thinking they would be perfect for a beginner.

Things like a bullet, love egg and mini wand. I'd also buy her some lube and batteries.

Do you think this is a good idea?

I just want her to be able to have a great sex life and I think sex toys really help with that.

[suspended user]

suspended user

many many yesses.

hopefully it will reinforce that she can come to your for any thing she needs to talk about.

Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]

I don't know what kind of a relationship you have with your daughter, but if it's progresive and more like sisters than mom and daughter, then I think it's a great idea.

Not something my mom would have ever done for me, as sex to her was and I quote " something unpleasent that women who want children have to endure".

kittencub [sign in to see picture]

Same here sex was dirty unless making kids.

NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]

Delilah i think that would be a pretty cool thing to do. I think ot would promote a healthy attitude to sex and like sub said, it is likely to encourage her to cone to you.

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

I think if you had that kind of relationship with your daughter then it would be a great idea and she will know that she can talk to you about sex.

I do have a good relationship with my daughter. We do talk about lots of things, but never sex! Probably because that's how my upbringing was. But I'd like to change that for us. I think it's good to be open.

johnandkatie [sign in to see picture]

bette to be opem and allow her to know she can talk to you rathr than getting bad advice elswere so good idear

[suspended user]

suspended user

Delilah, yes, yes and yes again.

You could ease in by conversing about sex & sex toys first, show her the site perhaps and take things from there. Imho because you've not discussed sex before you need to bring it to the table.

You're obviously really close and have a great relationship which is lovely and will make the conversations much easier. You'll know instantaneously if it's a good idea or not. I see no reason why it shouldn't unless she's embarrassed to speak about the subject, although if that's the case she may potentially go away and think about it and approach you after she realises how cool you're being.

See my situation is a bit different because my neice came to me so i introduced her to the wonderful world of sex toys. I wanted her to know it's not just about partners etc. It's better to get to know your own body (i wish I'd of had the opportunity my folks wouldnt of entertainmend the idea back then!) This has worked out extremely well and she's just recently gotten into a new relationship and is reeping the rewards👌

All the best hunni👍💗xx

ScumptiousDumptious [sign in to see picture]

YES.
    If embarrassment takes over at least you can laugh about it later.
    I have a brilliant relstionship with my daughter and she asks me anything & everything. Her young teenage comment to me " When I decide I need a Vibrator would I help her choose one"

KirstyLee [sign in to see picture]

Yes!!

That is such an amazing idea, it will teach your daughter that there is nothing wrong with being sexual and to learn to explore her own likes and dislikes, when I was younger, i was always under the impression that sex had to be with a partner and boy was I missing out during a long distance relationship !

More mothers should be like this, I wish someone had done this for me at a younger age! Well done

Browncoats [sign in to see picture]

I love this idea but you would have to make sure you have had at least one conversation about sex. Me and captain are both very big in the idea of our boys being able to come to us about anything especially sex. I remember being a scared unsure curious teenager who only knew what was portrayed on TV. I don't want my sons to go through that. I believe it can create more issues. If they decide they want to have sex they will and I'd rather they were being safe and feel they can come to us for advice.

So yes I think it would be amazing. Maybe have the conversation about how you're there to talk about it etc and tell her you have some bits for her that you're happy for her to not open it till she's at uni if that makes her more comfortable and that there is no issue with her not wanting any of it.

collector [sign in to see picture]

You didn't mention them as part of the contents of your mystery hamper but scattering around some condoms might be an idea.

Mr&MrsA75 [sign in to see picture]

My daughter is only little still but we are a very open and honest household and will be open about sex when shes old enough. My own mum was open and would answer any questions 100% honestly giving us all the facts - which was awesome BUT - it was never discussed from an enjoyment point of view. I want my daughter to be completely free of any sexual hang ups when shes a grown woman, I want her to enjoy sex and know her own body as I also believe it strengthens ownership of your body.

I think this is a great idea, hopefully she will respond positively and as someone else has said at least if she gets embarrassed it will be something to giggle about later. I would much rather my daughter were using safe 'proper' toys to explore her sexual urges than random objects or simply surpressing those feelings.

Well done you for being awesome!!

Also second the condoms - cant hurt to chuck a few in there

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots [sign in to see picture]

It's a brilliant idea, I've always been open and honest with my three (now adult) children.
    Nothing is off limits and this has led to them coming to me when they've had problems. I would much sooner that than they worry about anything silently or get false opinions from their peers.
    It can only make your relationship stronger with your daughter and to be honest it shows that you are aware of her maturing and having sexual needs. Reading problem pages online and in the media sadly far too many youngsters don't have a clue.

Sorry I went slightly off topic there! I was with my daughter when she got her first toy and I've given her some since and I know this has stopped her jumping into bed with all and sundry.

Thanks everyone for all the positive replies. I'll definitely be adding some condoms too 😊

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

For the very reason that you said, breaking barriers and making her feel that she can talk to you about anything - absolutely yes! I don't know how open your relationship is with your daughter at present, but even if she is initially weirded out by it, and has a laugh with her friends about her mum - the end goal of her feeling that she can speak to you about any sex worries, any boy (or girl) trouble will still have been achieved!

*sexybabe* [sign in to see picture]

I think it's great you have such a close relationship. However, if my mum chose some sex toys for me I'd feel a little bit uncomfortable. If she bought me a voucher and introduced me to a site I could buy some from, that would be great as I could choose my own, feeling comfortable that my mum was open about it as it normalises sex toy use.

I'm just putting myself back in the shoes of my teenage self so I can think about this properly, and I think my mum choosing sex toys for me would've been a step too far, but encouraging me to experiment and even buying a voucher would have been awesome!

You may have a different sort of relationship; but I'd definitely have a chat first and you'll be able to gauge whether she'd be happy with you buying her a little kit. And I think it's a lovely idea btw xx

Modo [sign in to see picture]

Great idea, however.....

Condoms yes but do not go overboard on how many, Not supposed to be a challenge after all.

Gigglesandjiggles [sign in to see picture]

Fantastic idea D 😘😘

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.