• If a stranger walked up to you in the street would you?

NewbieReview [sign in to see picture]

So myself and fiancee are curious if someone (random stranger) walked up to you in the street and started talking about intimacy who else would be open about their sex life?
    Would you disclose your choice of toys and talk about what you get upto behind closed doors with a complete stranger or would you tell them a little but keep certain things to yourself?
    Our response is we would be open about everything but what would you do? :)

Lu SB [sign in to see picture]

I don't think I would be open about everything, not verbally at least. It's not because I'm a prude, but I think it's not easy talk about these things. Even with my OH I have the tendency to keep quite a few of my sexual things as a little secrets. With the stranger, though, I might say a bit specially if I had had a few drinks.

If I were single, out and about, having fun and wanted to pull, I think I wouldn't mind having sex with this person providing there was a chemistry between us and we were safe, you know what I mean?

There's something quite naughty about getting down to it with a stranger and I like that, specially if there was a chance I wouldn't see this person again.

Friday13 [sign in to see picture]

I've spoken to strangers about sex toys, swinging, BDSM etc at a bus stop and on the train. With the guy on the train it was about the topics but I didn't share any of my particular sexual interests. I'd just been at the ETO show and when he asked where I'd been I just said without giving it much thought. Inevitably that led to questions about sex toys and it all spiralled from there. We talked about pet play, cuckolding, electro play... It made the journey much more entertaining.

I was dressed up to go to a fetish club when I met the guy at the bus stop so it wasn't that unexpected. He mentioned he'd been to the club before so I knew we were kind of on the same wave length. I brought up BDSM. He brought up swinging. We flirted... I never did actually meet up with him. I kind of regret that. I'm actually tempted to send him a message.

I doubt I'd answer a random person's questions if they just walked up to me and asked but if it came about as part of a natural conversation then I probably would. It would definitely not be in a titillating way though. I can answer questions about the most extreme kinks as though I was asked about the weather.

Shouganai [sign in to see picture]

Well, it depends if an event is going on, because if it was a pride parade or something then I'd know I'm in a semi-safe place and of course would be completely comfortable being open about such things...
    However, a stranger coming up to me in the street ? No. Chances are, with the LGBTQA+ hate crime rate around here, they'd only be asking me those questions to see if I was a straight, cisgender individual or a potential victim. I'm teeny-tiny and often mistaken for a minor. I know from many past experiences that being open about anything intimacy related can end up with me being pinned down and wailed on followed by time in hospital, therapy, and then just plain not wanting to leave my house. :/
    The reality is, we don't live in a world where it's possible for some people to be open in that way... and it really downright sucks.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Not mine but if someone came up to me and wanted advice probably yes . I've always been one for talking openly about sex and all things sexual.

Chrissie1974 💋 [sign in to see picture]

if a stranger walked up to me in the street and started talking about sex i'd either slap them or run a mile i certainly wouldn't engage in a conversation about it with them !!!

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

I'm a shy person. I don't talk much in real life to anyone as I am socially awkward. If someone asked me personal questions I would be mortified and shuffle away as fast as my legs would move me.

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots [sign in to see picture]

No I wouldn't feel comfortable at all and would think they were a little strange to engage in sexy talk without even knowing me. Talking about the weather and giving directions is about my limit.

Penny26 [sign in to see picture]

I agree, I tend to avoid people altogether. I don't like shopping so I wouldn't be in that situation

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

I'm pretty open but in the scenario you have mentioned, I wouldn't feel comfortable discussing anything personal with a stranger.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

For us what happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom . True my sister in law suspects we are a bit spicy in the bedroom but she also goes to sex exhibitions as well. That apart we don't discuss what actually happens in the bedroom only about specific things at these shows in general terms.One reason why I value the non contact and anominitiy on this forum is that you can talk comforatbly and more freely in detail without anyone being judgemental.

Like GG said if someone wants advice, then of course I would help them .

DreamsOfChi [sign in to see picture]

I'm a fairly open person and most of my friends are probably aware that I'm a little bit on the kinky side but not all of them are as liberated so I only have *those* kind of conversations with a select few. I tend to have no filter unless I really concentrate so, even though I'm not big on social interraction with random people, if someone started talking to me about such things and if I was in the right mood, I''d probably end up oversharing because I don't really need much encouragement to talk about one of my favourite subjects. I'd probably keep it general, rather than specific though, purley out of respect for my OH.

I had a part-time job in my early 20s and, one quiet day, one of the older members of staff (60s-ish male) started telling me about his (secret) interest in BDSM. There was nothing 'creepy' about the conversation, it was more confessional. I found it really sweet that he'd shared that with me but also sad that he'd not told his wife. No real idea why he decided to tell me - perhaps because I was a 'Goth' so he thought I might be 'in the know'!

missdee [sign in to see picture]

i would walk away. i dont discust bedroom topics in public.

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

I talk to anyone about anything....sex is no exception xx

NewbieReview [sign in to see picture]

I know it is personal preference and talking about sex with strangers is akws but i would have to be open because there is no screen to hide behind or photo filters. How many people feel that they would be open to talk online but not in person?

Bexy [sign in to see picture]

Isn't this what happens anytime you walk into the toy section of a well know high street shop? I've been asked all sorts of intimate questions in there before when I've just gone in for nothing more than a browse.

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

Bexy wrote:

Isn't this what happens anytime you walk into the toy section of a well know high street shop? I've been asked all sorts of intimate questions in there before when I've just gone in for nothing more than a browse.

Probably depends on what demograph you fall into, Fit young single female would get plenty of questions, we 40's married couple only get do you need any help, if we're lucky!

OP's question no would not answer suspecting some other motive?

Gem276 [sign in to see picture]

I talk to anybody about anything, the only person I don't talk about sex in any depth with is my Dad as he wouldn't want to think about his little girl like that! X

Horny_guy [sign in to see picture]

Terri JJ wrote:

I talk to anyone about anything....sex is no exception xx

With you on that any topic
    Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

I have an honest policy "you can ask me anything as long as your prepaired for an honest answer."

So as this stands I would tell anyone, stranger or not if they asked. But generally I don't think the bounds of social acceptability, in terms of strangers, would allow this sort of open discussion.

OH would not allow any discussion of anything of our personal life, if I was with him. He is very old fashioned and not so liberal sharing information.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.