• Babies

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

I do freak out from time to time. I though I found a lump once and went to the doctors, he had a quick prod around then said "nothing worth bothering me about, don't you know your own breasts?!" I was devasted! The nurse looked after me and appologised profusely, apparently the doctor hadn't bothered to look at my medical notes where he would have seen my family history! In spite of the crappy experience I wouldn't let this put me off going if I wasn't sure again!

xxKPxx

That's really bad! It's a good job you're obviously a confident person, that would definately put a lot of people off! I would complain about a doctor if he did that to me - although I would complain about any doctor that made me feel uncomfortable....not enough people complain about these things and it's important that the confident people complain so that doctors learn to take their jobs more seriously...some of them amaze me with how they treat people, really is not on!

Ax

Ax

dunno why i signed off twice there

Ax

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

dunno why i signed off twice there

Ax

Extra kisses for me

I would've complained at the time but I was so shell shocked by the whole experience and also just relieved the lump wasn't serious. Looking back I wish I had said something because I'd hate for anyone else to be made to feel like that!

It's really nice to be called confident, thank you hun! it's not something I'd be described as often (or at all!) I think when it comes to matters of healthcare I tend to get braver because it's too important not to!

xxKPxx

Exactly! It's so important to put yourself first in those situations, it's a shame a lot of people are too scared too! Like people who put off their smear test because it was uncomfortable the first time....what's more important, not getting cancer, or not being uncomfy?! That's why people should complain more, so it never has to be uncomfy for anyone!

Although I can definately see why you didn't! I know the first time I had an internal examination (because of painful sex) my doctor used a normal size speculum, then when I said "that hurts" she said "well it's meant to be a little uncomfortable"....it felt like she was tearing me apart!! But I was young and too traumatised to complain, I wish I had now!

Ax

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

Nexas wrote:

SG: What kind of sign does she teach? After doing a great deal of training in Makaton I've been invited to train as a tutor in that, but it's quite different from BSL.

Hi Nexas! She was teaching Conversational sign lang level 4 (OCSL) which is a British Sign Language 33 week course. The Makaton is based on simple signs and symbols aimed at children, so I'm told! That would fit in nicely with your primary school teaching. My daughter was on the course that the OH helped run at the local school in evenings too. The swines speak in sign so I don't know what they're saying! LOL

The daughter's probably saying I'm A TIGHT GIT!

SG69

masterandslave [sign in to see picture]

I've recently gotten very broody!! Feeling very maternal and did have to take a test last month even though we had done nothing different to usual. But just couldn't afford it! We have talked about it and think I'm more keen on it than my OH - tho he does want kids too someday - he's even asked me to try and give him twins!!! Lol!! The thought of childbirth is terrifying tho! I'm ridiculously squeamish and terrified of needles I know it's all worth it in the end but worried I might faint at the crucial moment!!

x

Morbidia [sign in to see picture]

I'm definately not up for the whole baby thing.

Not interested now, and seriously don't think i ever will be, me and the OH have already discussed the possibility of this coming up in the future, and neither of us want kids.

So its an uber no in our book.

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

Nexas wrote:

Makaton starts very basic, but can go up to just as detailed as BSL but I'm also told that most BSL people think Makaton is dumbed down so I'll forgive her that :-p LOL

Makaton is more of an international sign language but it's fairly new, it's also designed to be used with those with Special Needs, autism and downs syndrome especially but it can be fantastic for focussing people with ADHD and it works with all ages ^_^

I'd definitley go for it fella, sound good. I've been involved with quite a few children with learning difficulties/special needs and this sounds really good mate. She doesn't think it's dumbed down Nexas, she's not like that, it's just another form of sign. Like you say it's international and that's where the problem is with BSL there are loads of differences in common sign from country to country.

SG69

Its a massive personal choice to make either way!

x

Vampyrewillow [sign in to see picture]

i adore children, i think they're amazing,

but i don't want one, ever.

i never want a baby, they're too expensive, they completely change your life, and i don't want anyone to be more important to me and my other half than each other.

i am training to be a nursery nurse at the moment and i am LOVING being in a setting with children, but it isn't making me broody, i'm just glad i can hand them back

nobody has ever told me i'm selfish, but his mother has said i have to have a baby 'cos her other son and his girlfriend don't want babies either and she wants to be a grandma.

sexynurse09 [sign in to see picture]

I do want kids one day, and I know my fella does, he can't wait! Just not yet. We both still live with our parents and ideally we'd like to have our own place and be stable financially before we think about a child. Not bothered about being married first, I mean we do want to get married, but i'm just not bothered which order it happens in.

And our parents have said they don't want to be grandparents just yet! But if we get caught and it happens, then it was obviously meant to happen and I wouldn't change a thing. It'd be hard but there's always a way. x

What terrifies me is I found a lass on Facebook that I was at school with - she got pregnant in year 7 aged 11, had it in year 8 and the baby is now 14!!!!!

x

Nope! Its just the norm at the school I went to I'm afraid!

x

emmylafoo1986 [sign in to see picture]

I don't think it's scary at all to have kids young. If mentally you are still not ready for it then yes,but i don't think that is due to age. I'm 24 and have just had my 2nd baby 5 months ago and i love being a mummy! I had my first at 21. Me and my partner still enjoy a fantastic sex life and our lives haven't suffered having children, our lives are much better with them. Being a mummy is the best feeling in the world. However i do believe that it is each persons own choice to have children and nobody should be forced to have or made to feel guilty about having children. I am strongly against any religion that says condoms are a sin, they protect you from alot of nasty stds. And lets face it by not using condoms you could get something alot worse than a baby.

If you are ready for it no probs! I have a mate who is 25 and has just had her 4th! She is an amazing yummy mummy and loving every second of it.

But the girl in my class back when he was 11 - she wasn't ready at all - didn't really want to keep it, remember her telling me the first night she brought it back she slept with it in her single bed with her and woke up because it rolled out of bed, screaming away on the floor!

I want kids, but can barely afford my OH led alone a mini me just yet!

x

Roxy1990 [sign in to see picture]

Ive got a daughter whos 8 months and being a mummy. I dont think i was ready at the time but now I am thankful for her shes the best. I'd love more but not yet not for a few years. I'd like 3 but OH only wants 2. I think children who have children Eg 11-16 is just a bit too young. I may be young myself (18 when i had her) but I can work and provide for her while a 12 year old cant even open a trust fund.

Not wanting to be a parent isnt selfish at all. Some people just dont want children others do for plenty of reasons. You can love children without wanting to be a parent yourself afterall looking after someone elses child is a lot different from your own.

red30 [sign in to see picture]

Well i had my first child at 16 and stayed with their dad for twelve years, we both worked and I have done the best job i could. Personally i would have raised my children the same if i'd have had them at 16 or 36. It is overwhelming at times but now they are older it is the most rewarding job i've ever done.

my oh and me have four children between us and i would love to have a child together but realistically i know its not going to happen. It does give me a sense of happiness though knowing that we are together purely because we love each other and not because we are trying to make things work because of a child/children.

SteSilver [sign in to see picture]

I don't want kids and I get sick of people looking at me like I've just raped a squirrel when I tell them.

Kids aren't for everybody, yet to a lot of people getting married and having kids is like an unwritten rule. If that's what people want, then good for them, but everyone is different. I don't want or need the responsibility, I value my independence too much, I don't want the financial burden and I don't particularly like kids.

People can be really patronising "Oh you'll feel differently when you're older" or even worse "But your parents expect grandkids, they'll be so disappointed" or "I'm sure you'll change your mind when you meet a woman who wants to have your babies, you couldn't deny her kids if she wants them" !!! It's unbelievable, I'd never have kids for anyone elses benefit. There's nothing selfish in living your own life.

As I'm single I'm not too worried but I really hate using condoms. For the time being I don't mind as the STD risk is not worth taking anyway, but I've been giving a vasectomy a lot of thought should the time come where I'm in a long term relationship. I'm in no rush, don't really like the thought of scalpels cutting into my ballbag, but it'd be nice not to have to worry about any little accidents.

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

SteSilver wrote:

I don't want kids and I get sick of people looking at me like I've just raped a squirrel when I tell them.

Kids aren't for everybody, yet to a lot of people getting married and having kids is like an unwritten rule. If that's what people want, then good for them, but everyone is different. I don't want or need the responsibility, I value my independence too much, I don't want the financial burden and I don't particularly like kids.

People can be really patronising "Oh you'll feel differently when you're older" or even worse "But your parents expect grandkids, they'll be so disappointed" or "I'm sure you'll change your mind when you meet a woman who wants to have your babies, you couldn't deny her kids if she wants them" !!! It's unbelievable, I'd never have kids for anyone elses benefit. There's nothing selfish in living your own life.

As I'm single I'm not too worried but I really hate using condoms. For the time being I don't mind as the STD risk is not worth taking anyway, but I've been giving a vasectomy a lot of thought should the time come where I'm in a long term relationship. I'm in no rush, don't really like the thought of scalpels cutting into my ballbag, but it'd be nice not to have to worry about any little accidents.

The feeling different when your older arguement really pees me off too! No-one has ever questioned it when someone my ages says they do want kids but if I say I don't then this comment tends to get thrown in my face!

One particularly annoying girl kept bugging me about not wanting babies. One day she flounced over, sighed patronisingly and said she didn't understand why I found it so hard to embrace my femininity and that she loved kids, couldn't wait to have them ...I responded with "don't worry, you'll change your mind when you're older and up to your ears in baby poo"....childish? yes. satisfying? absolutely!

xxKPxx

diamonds [sign in to see picture]

i want babies :-) though not for a good few years yet, im majourly broodey and have been really since i turned 22 for some reason, my OH is always saying when where out that theres always a baby for me to go awww at! lol

but when i was younger i always wasnt sure and more on the lines of that i didnt want any but as ive got older thats changed.

but even though i want children i wouldnt judge somone for not wanting to have them, at the end of the day its a personal choise.

though i must say there is some times i really strongly dissagree with certain people who do have children, im talking about people who have about 4 children all of who are taken into care for really good strong proven reason and then the parents just go on to have more and more which all get taken into care.

Dxx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.