• Wife won't have sex unless I'm clean shaven

Shylad2552 [sign in to see picture]

As above, unless my face is smooth, we don't have sex!

It's a bit annoying really, as I've always had sensitive skin, so shaving really irritates it. Also, I had bad acne as a child, so I'm like a bit of growth to cover it up.

Tried growing it out a bit, so that it was softer, tried beard oil, different ways of shaving but no good. Unless I'm smooth, sex is off the menu.

Is she being selfish, am I being unreasonable? What can I do? I know it doesn't bother a lot of women, but she says she doesn't like my face on her skin/face/body while I have stubble.

Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]

We all have a couple of things we won't compromise on. It's up to you to decide if this is one of them. If it's something she hates the feel of I can understand not wanting it to be a part of her sex life, and at least she's being honest with you. So in return, you need to decide if this is somehting you would be willing to compromise on for the sake of her comfort or if this is something you are not willing to let go.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

I would ask her nicely why she needs you clean shaven for sex. It could be she has a bad association with facial hair from her past. If it is just preference then maybe you can make a comparative demand?

Stubble gives me a really bad rash when rubbed against my skin, so I'm lucky that my OH chooses to be clean shaven, but it's not something I would demand.

OH has very sensative skin, but with short stubble he finds shaving oil irritates his skin much less, longer stubble needs shaving gel. Might be worth trying.

WillC [sign in to see picture]

My wife hates stubble,plus i have sensitive skin,so only shave when we are due to have sex,i use a Hydro 5 and King Of Shaves sensitive gel as foam makes me have razor burn.I put the gel tube into a jug of warm water to warm it up,i then run a hot bath and lie down immersing my face so that the bristles are softened and pores open.I then shave my face whilst sitting in the bath using a shaving mirror to see what i`m doing.This gives me a face as smooth as a baby`s bottom and no irritation/spots etc! I hope this helps! If you only have a shower,do the same but drape a hot face flannel over your face to get the bristle/pore effect!

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

I'm not a huge fan of hair at the stubble stage as I find that irritates my sensitive skin, makes me feel itchy and kills the mood as a result. If it's longer it's not as much of an issue but I can still feel some itchiness when contact is made. I'd prefer clean shaven sometimes but I don't feel right about making demands about my partner's body. I might suggest it every now and again but it's his body and his choice so I respect his decisions.

If she won't compromise on this you may have to look at whether this is something you are happy with or not, especially in the long-term.

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

Hey Shylad. My husband has a bit of a beard, I get where your OH comes from in away as it can rub and irritate, especially his top lip if he hasn't shaved for a few days. He shaves his top lip and beaten his beard maybe twice a week due to sensitive skin. I love my husband, it's his choice to have his beard and I just have to find ways to get past it. He uses a beard oil which softens it as well as his stubble and also uses conditioner on it when he showers.

Now here is the other end of it. I rarely shave my body hair. I would love to but my skin gets irritated, blistered and infected. I used to put up with the pain for my husband as who wants a hairy wife? We spoke about it, I told him my reasons and he was saddened I felt the need to put myself through it for him. Yes he would like it if I had nice smooth legs but he would rather have a happy wife.

Talk with her, try find a compromise. Good luck my love.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

I have my beard set at 2.5 mm which is quite short and therefore quite bristley .I recommend you should try Nivea Men sensitve post shave balm .As well as a shaving balm it also softens bristles to the delight of my Mrs .You other choice would to grow your beard longer which gets softer as it goes bushier.

As you will know yourself beards are very much in fashion and so there are plenty of products out there to choose from.Beard oil I never fancied using as I didn't like the oily feel and can't imagine my Mrs wanting that on her face. But the sensitve shave balm is Aloa Vera based which will help with your OHs skin as well.

Heidi920 [sign in to see picture]

My husband always has light stubble as he looks too baby faced without it, I dont mind at all even though my skin is sensitive.
    the only time it annoys me is during hard passionate kisses so as long has he's light with his kisses it's fine.
    He also suffers with sensitive skin and the Niva sensitive range seems to help a lot.

Does your wife know that you prefer a bit of growth due to your acne scars? I think it's something you both need to have a proper chat about x

[suspended user]

suspended user

I have to go with fun Louise. There's more to this than just beard burn. This is exactly why this forum is so amazing. The women are straight and honest. I'd say there is something in her past that's given her a deep dislike of beards or stubble. As her lover you need to learn to except and care why. Slowly broach it with here it could be something traumatic so tread carefully.

I have very fast growing and extremely hates stubble. Most of my partners have complained about it , some have had terrible rashes from it.
    Giving oral to a woman when unshaven is a no no for me it's cruel ( unless requested 😜)
    But a quickly no kissing especially doggy I do struggle to except I need to be clean shaven.

Good luck

Lu SB [sign in to see picture]

I understand where your wife is coming from, but I reckon she's being too demanding. In my opinion you can't cope with this situation in a long term and this has been upsetting you, so you have no choice but talk to her. She demands something that you don't think it's fair, you starts to resent her about this and before you know this can affect your relationship in more ways than one. Communication is the best way to get around it. Good luck! (My OH uses coconut oil and this works wonders with his stubble).

BigYin [sign in to see picture]

I've got a beard and trim it at 10mm in the shower.

Most beard oils won't actually make your beard soft, all they will do it make is shiny and smell nice. Make sure you condition your beard when you wash your hair then use a beard balm or moisturiser or as the post above coconut oil, though that does mean having the coconut smell around your nose all day, not for me which is why I just use it down below.

BigYin [sign in to see picture]

BigYin wrote:

I've got a beard and trim it at 10mm in the shower.

Most beard oils won't actually make your beard soft, all they will do it make is shiny and smell nice. Make sure you condition your beard when you wash your hair then use a beard balm or moisturiser or as the post above coconut oil, though that does mean having the coconut smell around your nose all day, not for me which is why I just use it down below.

I forgot to say that softening you beard takes time, it won't come from the first time you do it, overnight or even a week, but after a few weeks, you should notice a big difference.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Ok from womans POV as long as its clean or on the softer side of stubble im good to go... but im not your wife lol

My advice talk to her, understand the concerns and see if there is a middle ground more comfortable for you both.

pusseypleaser [sign in to see picture]

My wife is the same. She says that especially when going down on her that the stubbles are uncomfortable so I just shave and enjoy her

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.