• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Toys in the bath/shower

KirstyLee [sign in to see picture]

Hi everyone !

Hoping this isn't just me but when it comes to using my toys either in the bath or shower it just doesn't feel right !

This goes for either clitoral vibrators or G-Spot vibrators, it feels like it's sort of dry down there which is odd considering you would think the water would make things a bit more slippery!

Anyone else feel like this?
    Any ideas on how to get around this or is bathtime fun just not for me ?

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

No i understand. Water isnt a super great lubricant anyways. It can be quite risky using dildo's etc underwater as you dont want to trap water inside you, dirty water left inside you = possible UTI. Pass 🤚

🐼

KirstyLee [sign in to see picture]

SquirtyPanda wrote:

No i understand. Water isnt a super great lubricant anyways. It can be quite risky using dildo's etc underwater as you dont want to trap water inside you, dirty water left inside you = possible UTI. Pass 🤚

🐼

Ah, wow - really didn't think of it that way!!

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

You could use silicone lube. It's doesn't come off like a water-based one would :-)

*sexybabe* [sign in to see picture]

Silicone lube is great in the shower. I have some, I didn't use it right the first time as I used it in my silicone toys which isn't what it's meant for. It's waterproof so great for use with toys in the shower.

Heidi920 [sign in to see picture]

I always feel wary of using toys in the shower but they are tried and tested after all!
    I tend to stick with my glass dildo for shower play as it won't become damaged with silicone lubricant. X

Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]

If you like anal play, that would be one way to use sex toys in the shower, without getting the problem that SP mentioned. The shower would be better than the bath, if you do use it vaginally, as you are not sat in dirty water; plus the water is constantly running down.

If you are using a silicone toy so can't use a silicone lube. then a gel type water based lube like the LH discover anal lube, is best, it's pretty much a universal lube. And one the toy is in you use shorter strokes if you can; as each time you withdraw the toy the lube gets rinsed off, a bit, until theres no lube left on the toy.

dem1 [sign in to see picture]

I use a suction cup dildo every time I take a shower, I usually stick it to the end of the shower, meaning my head and neck is under the showerhead. Sometimes I even take the showerhead and use that too, it's amazing.

I would consider getting a suction cup dildo!

Mature lovers 62 [sign in to see picture]

i do like my suction cup dong when I have a shower or bath, but as I now have a butt plug too may be I should try that

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

A common misconception is that "water is wet so it must be a good lubricant". 

As you've discovered, it is not! 

Definitely get yourself some silicone lube for bathtime fun. 

Just be SUPER careful as it will make your bath/shower VERY (and I mean VERY) slippery! 

Also, silicone lube is not compatible with silicone toys, so check the compatibility before you use it with your favourite toy. 

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.