• Making love or Having sex what is the difference

Tiger Dick [sign in to see picture]

Not sure why the original thread is crashing?

Having a debate on this and just wondering what are your views on this

To me, and it's a simplistic view in as much as that making love involves emotion, whereas having sex doesn't need to.

The traditional stereotypical illusion peddled by hollywood of missionery position love could be just sex, and using hollywood again, the FSG kinky sex, could easily be making love. Couldn't it?

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

I've always said the only time I make love is to make a baby, otherwise it's sex. I don't know if I'm missing out on some big secret?

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

Having sex is when you wipe it on the curtains after then leave lol

Making love is when the woman swallows after and you stay the night lol

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

VioletWolf wrote:

I've always said the only time I make love is to make a baby, otherwise it's sex. I don't know if I'm missing out on some big secret?

I think very similar. The only time we make love is when trying to conceive.
    NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]

So romantic Throbinhood.

It's sex to me.

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

Throbinhood wrote:

Having sex is when you wipe it on the curtains after then leave lol

Making love is when the woman swallows after and you stay the night lol

Lol !

For me sex before I met my oh was exactly that.....Just sex, damn good sex but nonetheless just sex. Since meeting him.....I'd say that sex and making love have definitely merged together. We have a very deep and meaningful connection.....So strong that at times it is a little overwhelming xx

Lu SB [sign in to see picture]

If I shag someone that I'm attracted to or have a one night stand is having sex. When I shag someone I love (1 or 2 in my entire life) that is make love, more of a emotional connection.

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

Thats what I said lol

Caliente [sign in to see picture]

it's the same thing for me.

G&CD [sign in to see picture]

I'm with Tiger and Terri on this, until I met my wife, it was just sex - wild, hot, no inhibitions but still just sex, (even with my ex wife, though that was really crap sex). Since me and my wife have been together, it's been more about making love, lot more emotions involved. Sure we still have sex occasionally as a stress reliever more than anything (if I've had a bad day or something) but 90% of the time it's making love, more passionate- still wild and lustful but so much more intimate.

I think it's the level of intimacy that is the divide between sex and making love. Tigers point is spot on, " if your intimate and kinky/vanilla it's making love" - if it's vanilla or kinky and no intimacy, then it's just sex...

just my opinion...

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

For us, making love is more intimate/slow and about connecting, rather than orgasms. It seems to be based upon long drawn out foreplay and face to face positions.

Having sex is quite different. It usually means we're going faster with the focus of pleasure, partake in different positions/have sex in different places and use toys and/or bondage :-)

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

For us making love is a gentle, lots of forplay, sensual thing that lasts ages and is really satisfying, usually multiple orgasms for me.

Having sex, is more rough, forceful, bondage sometimes.

Its personal though, this is just how it is for us.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Sex is when you just need it . its passionate and raw maybe a little selfish.

Making love is something you do to bond with someone its about caring , giving and deeply emotional. It can move you to tears .

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Sex for us is just a quickie possibly in bed in a morning.

Making love has all the trimmings ,perhaps soft lighting, lingerie,stockings,drinks,stockings ,background music,stockings ,passionate kissing,stockings,longer foreplay,stockings and can involve the kinky stuff as well.

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

Making love has all the trimmings ,perhaps soft lighting, lingerie,stockings,drinks,stockings ,background music,stockings ,passionate kissing,stockings,longer foreplay,stockings and can involve the kinky stuff as well.

You nearly forgot the stockings...;) lol x

Kanu Suckmeov [sign in to see picture]

Fun Louise wrote:

For us making love is a gentle, lots of forplay, sensual thing that lasts ages and is really satisfying, usually multiple orgasms for me.

Having sex, is more rough, forceful, bondage sometimes.

Its personal though, this is just how it is for us.

I'm with you Fun Louise on this one!

Lovehoney - Rebecca [sign in to see picture]

NatandTom wrote:

For us, making love is more intimate/slow and about connecting, rather than orgasms. It seems to be based upon long drawn out foreplay and face to face positions.

Having sex is quite different. It usually means we're going faster with the focus of pleasure, partake in different positions/have sex in different places and use toys and/or bondage :-)

^^ this is it for me too!

Caliente [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

Hahaha There is definitely something about stockings!

It's interesting reading other people's answers. Sex/making love is always intimate for me.

Edit - I also keep singing 50 Cent's In Da Club :) 

AT1 [sign in to see picture]

Sometimes my wife and I make love, for us it's intimate, lots of eye contact etc, normally missionary or cowgirl. Sometimes we just have sex and it's more animalistic and just about the pleasure, not our relationship. Whenever we add a 3rd into our bed, it's just sex (with the 3rd person), never lovemaking from either of us. That's what works for us.

AlyBlue [sign in to see picture]

I always thought about as sex being raw and primal, like a need and anything goes sort of thing.

Making love is passionate and emotional and caring; more emotional then physical. X

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.