• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Coming off the pill

kitty29 [sign in to see picture]

Hello, I have posted a question recently about coming off the contraceptive pill but I have another question.

I have just recently made the decision to stop taking the contraceptive pill, I was on the combined pill for just over a month then got switched over to the mini pill after I started getting migraines and was on that for nearly 3 months. They both seemed to make me feel moody and have next to no libido and it has really been putting a strain on my relationship so I decided to stop.

My question is does anyone have any idea how long it might take for things to go back to normal?
    Like I know it can take a while for the hormones to readjust themselves. Will it be a case of when my period returns the rest should go back to normal? Or could the rest get better before that? I really hope it doesn't take too long cos this is driving me crazy!

Thanks

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

Whilst not the same as the question it took a year to get pregnant after my wife came off deppo

OhMyGlobAnna [sign in to see picture]

I went off the pill about 3 months ago now and my libido is slowly coming back - but still nowhere near what it was before going on the pill. My periods went back to normal straight away. I've heard it can even take up to a year for your body to return to its normal self.

Heidi920 [sign in to see picture]

Hopefully being that you have not been on the pill long term it shouldn't take too long for things to go back to normal. Everyone reacts differently so only time will tell.
    I've have been on the pill for many many years and only stopped to conceive our children and my system was totally messed up, that said my libido improved massively after a couple of month.
    I'm currently waiting to come off my pill permanently too because hubby had a vasectomy and can't wait to get my body back to normal and hopefully have a higher sex drive

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

It generally takes two to three cycles to regulate again. It can take less time in some people but much longer in others. I think it depends on how long you've been taking it and how well your body adjusts to change.

203 [sign in to see picture]

Hi, I noticed that it took a couple of weeks for my sex drive to increase, and about 3 months for a regular cycle

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.