99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Dyspraxia and sex...

Mab [sign in to see picture]

Anyone out there got tips for dyspraxia and sex?

Recently, my partner (M) and I (F) have got into a bit of a rut. I am quite insecure and don't like to initiate sex. My partner is pretty tired of initiating the sex and also getting a bit bored of having to be the dominant person in sex. As such things are pretty infrequent, so I am pretty out of practice which doesn't help. Sex is not just like riding a bicycle for folk like me.

Being in control during sex is pretty difficult for me - it usually ends with me hurting myself or my partner by accident. Giving your partner a black eye is NOT fun when it isn't done intentionally and with consent.... I am the one who can fall off the bloody bed not through intense and energetic sex but through sheer clumsiness. My doctor suspects I have fairly mild dyspraxia which would explain my struggles in terms of bedroom antics. Roll this all up into a mish mosh of insecurity, and little opportunity to practice and develop muscle memory...and sex is pretty much out the window.

Any tips on how to keep things interesting in bed without much coordination required? It would be nice to offer my partner a chance to not do the majority of the eh...work. My partner also prefers to do lots of different positions within one session, and so time is of the essence when switching positions. That is definitely something I struggle with . My partner is pretty understanding, thankfully, but it would be nice to offer him something in return for all his efforts over the years.

Anyone else out there struggling with terrible coordination and their partners?

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Hi I have dyspraxia and my coordination is rubbish, but it doesn't stop me. OH and I have a full and fun sex life. Ok a practical suggestion.

Sit on the sofa, and ask your man to sit on the floor in front of you, take off his top and start to massage his shoulders. Then slip your top off and rub your bust against his shoulders/neck. This will probably be all the invitation he needs.

Its also fairly easy to move from him standing or kneeling on the floor and you putting your legs around his waist, to laying on the sofa, to you sitting on top of him on the sofa, you get the idea.

As for practical dyspraxia advice, it depends where you main weakness lies, but if it's balance, I suggest buying a gym ball. Start off sitting in it. This is harder than you might think. Ask your man to stand behind you the first couple of times, just so you get your confidence. If you can sit on the ball and watch a 30 min program on the tv, your balance will improve no end. Eventually you can lift one leg, move your arms, and maybe even have sex on the ball, but this is a long term aim. I hope this helps, have fun.

Mab [sign in to see picture]

Great idea! I have always wanted a gym ball but seen it as a naff excuse to have a space hopper in the house but if it can improve my balance and indirectly improve my sex life then why not!

Thank you for the suggestions, definitely a big help.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

If you struggle with eye hand coordination then a juggling ball is another great way to improve this.

I hope your confidence grows.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.