• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Oldies Encouragement Thread- sex toys ARE for you.

Kanu Suckmeov [sign in to see picture]

Great thread guys, I wish I had seen it earlier. Ha-ha the good old age thingy!

Well I’m quite lucky as I have never accepted this age thing, even when I was younger. It might go down to my parents, my father played golf 3 times a week until his mid 80’s, and my mother, even though she didn’t do any sport was extremely young at heart, so much so that she was looked upon as a friend by my friends.

I played a huge amount of sports from my school time until my mid 20’s, when I had to give some of them up because there just wasn’t enough time. But I did carry on playing football, at a reasonable level up and into my 40’s.

I’m now in my 22nd year of my 40’s, and I was fortunate enough (not lucky) to retire early. As most of you know I live in Spain and with wifey we lead incredible busy lives, but to be fair we were quite busy in the UK, but now we do the things that WE want to do. We have quite a lot of land and garden that I attend too, which takes up a lot of time. But we have an incredible group of friends who we meet up with 3 or 4 times a week who keep us on our toes.

I have always tried to keep my mind young, whilst at work I always encouraged forward thinking and accepted change in working practices. Times change and things move on, but I really do feel it’s all in the mind. Work hard play hard has always been my motto, and it’s no different now that I have retired.

But I must say, I do wear slippers in the winter, because surprisingly, with our tiled floors and no carpets, its bloody freezing.

pantieman [sign in to see picture]

I agree about the Tv adds hitting on over 50's with funeral plans etc as though we have one foot in the grave !!

I am 61 and was in a position to take early retirement last year and I am now fitter than ever without the daily stress of the commute and hastle in the office .I walk miles with my dog and work out .

Toys are my comfort as my wife is no longer interested in sex since the side effects of cancer treatment spoiled things but we did every variation to death before so no regrets .

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

I think the key thing to enjoying oneself once your over 50 is to concentrate on getting your fitness back . My doctor often gave me good advice upto his retirement and always said try and avoid the couch as much as possible and keep active. I have to say with what I am seeing in the UK at the moment particulalrly with the late 30s and 40s age bracket is quite worrying. I am seeing a lot of over weight people and if they dont start looking after themselves now , they will have bigger problems with health for when they reach 50 . The ones in their 20s and early 30s now tend to be the ones that take fitness seriously and therefore in theory will avoid preblems for when they get older .

One thing I have revisited to keep my fitness up is Northern Soul dancing. I went to a session on Sunday night and really enjoyed it. My calfs are doing a bit of complaining as the backdrops put plenty of pressure on them and make them work harder . I havnt done this sort of thing for over 30 years now so very pleased on how it went .I dont know how many calories I burnt off but it must have been quite a few in a 4 hour session .

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

I think being able to shed a lot of stress when you retire is a big factor. I have recently started to monitor my blood-pressure and was interested to find that I can raise my BP by over 25 mmHg just by thinking about a problem rather than being mentally relaxed. This effect has been the subject of a few research studies and there seems to be no conclusion about whether elevating one's BP by stress is actually long-term harmful but personally I don't see why it should be any less harmful than drinking coffee or other BP raising factors.

Although I have been in a position to completely retire for some years I have been persuaded to keep doing jobs for some of my old clients on the understanding that these jobs didn't have major stress-inducing time-scale pressures attached. However, in practice, everyone still wants stuff done yesterday so I'm starting to think this might be shortening my life especially as these jobs have me sat at a PC for hours rather than tending to our smallholding which is both relaxing and good exercise. Taking hay by scythe, hand-rake and pitch-fork beats a gym any day and for me has the vital ingredient of a satisfying end-product to show for all the effort.

Perhaps a way around that is to work but doing it on your terms and not theirs . Perhaps you could encourage your clients to give you more notice which will enable you to spend more time at a slower pace in doing their work .

The job I am doing now whilst not quite stress free is far less stressful than my previous job of being a Bank Officer I always looked at doing the job I am doing now as a halfway house prior to retirement .I will also have the added security of my Bank pension this coming November should things go pear shaped with the small firm I work for now. When I do retire in approx 5 years from now I intend turning my hobby into a little sidleine to pay for luxuries . However all the work will be done on my terms and no deadlines.

My Blood Pressure problem was always associated with being over weight and that rectified itself when my weight came down .Its possible a reason I am a little paronoid about putting weight back on again hence my lifestyle choice to prevent that from happening.

Kanu Suckmeov [sign in to see picture]

It sounds like "mysteron" that you have things really planned well for the future which is good as it gives you a goal to aim for. I was really impressed with how you kept to your guns with your weight loss, and you are now reaping the benifits with your extra enegy that allows you to do other things that you love to do, in your case your Northern Soul dancing.

Our move to Spain was all part of a 10 year plan, as it happens it all come about sooner than we planned due to redundances etc, and we moved out here 3 years early. My last position wasn't particularly stressful but I still had to be in the office early and the commuting was very often difficult.

I think "Gyrator53" has it sussed out. He has a good hobby, his smallholding, and he keeps himself fit with long walks. As for me personally I play golf two or three times a aweek, I have a large garden to keep me busy, and a field which I have recently started to get ready to plant 15 to 20 fruit trees. This is a long term project, and one that you cant do everyday due to the high temperatures that we get here, although I did do a couple of hours this morning (6.45 - 9.00) before it got to hot.

Both my hobbies keep me fit and healthy, this with what I said in my earlier post, that I am young at heart and mind, also helps.

mysteron wrote:

Perhaps a way around that is to work but doing it on your terms and not theirs . Perhaps you could encourage your clients to give you more notice which will enable you to spend more time at a slower pace in doing their work .

Yes, that was how it was supposed to work and they all agreed to it but, for example, one client recently got a near six-figure order that he could only take on if I could do some rush mods for him. I could have said no but I know he needs the work.

I keep reminding myself about all the indispensable people in the grave-yard but...

I think both of you have hit the nail on the head. Some degree of planning is needed otherwise time will pass you by and you could end up working into your 70s .Which is OK if you like the work that you do and it doesnt impact on your health . But for many it will be compulsory due to this and past governents failings with the pensions .I dont think having looked at them closely the new compulsory pensions are going to be the answer either . IMO its just delaying problems in the future ,adding costs to businesses and pretending that they have fixed the problem .

2006 was the year I decided to get out of the rat race. I still remember my previous bosses face when I handed in my resignation. It was a picture ! I didnt like the work nor the stress since we were taken over by a "bigger" bank. I know I am never going to be rich but happy with what I have including an appetite for life.

WillC [sign in to see picture]

That's the key,being 'rich' is not a guarantee of happiness,my wife stepped down from a stressful job,we decided happiness was better than wealth and stress,I was made redundant from a stressful job at Xmas 2015 after 25 years (great timing!) I now have a job on less pay and less hours,but we are happy and cut our cloth accordingly.Who cares about keeping up with the Jones's when they likey be miserable and stressed out despite their possessions?

WillC wrote:

That's the key,being 'rich' is not a guarantee of happiness,my wife stepped down from a stressful job,we decided happiness was better than wealth and stress,I was made redundant from a stressful job at Xmas 2015 after 25 years (great timing!) I now have a job on less pay and less hours,but we are happy and cut our cloth accordingly.Who cares about keeping up with the Jones's when they likey be miserable and stressed out despite their possessions?

Exactly. A bit like our nextdoor neighbours. Yes they have a nicer house but they are upto their eyeballs in debt and neither of them have pension provisions . They are both vastly overweight and the guy has just turned 50 . They will need to work full time probably into their 70s if they survive that long. The next big celebration for us is in approx 2-3yrs time when the mortgage is paid off.

I think with less money but debt free one tends to cut their cloth accordingly and adapt.

Yes,reading in the week how 9 in 10 new cars are on those never ending lease deals and that they could cause another bank crash made me despair.All to impress others!

Yes, it's amazing how people throw money away on 'essentials' that aren't. We may be unusual but we are only on our 3rd car since 1982 (not counting one that is a 'toy'). They were all bought second hand (bar the toy which was built from a kit) and I have done all the servicing and almost all the repairs.

It has saved us a fortune compared with the buy new, main agent service and trade-in at 4 years tread-mill some people go in for under the mistaken belief this will give them reliability (just keep count of the number of sub 4 year-old cars you see on the hard shoulder with the bonnet up).

My car was bought new,is nearly 14 and mint,only 22k on the clock.Why would I change it to 'impress' the neighbours?

oldspice66 [sign in to see picture]

bought the get hard cock rings yesterday. THEY WORK!!!

oldspice66 wrote:

bought the get hard cock rings yesterday. THEY WORK!!!

Of course they work. It's just that some guys are reluctant to try them. Some would rather struggle and get frustrated along with their partner rather than get an aid in the form of a toy .I think its the old stigma thing .

LMEK [sign in to see picture]

Hello there folks!

What I like about knocking on a bit is, the peer pressure starts to leave. One is no longer expected to live up to an image, whether it's beauty, learning to drink, smoke or whatever. One kinda goes invisible to the generation the media targets for that; you're considered out of the swim.

Same goes for sex. Perfection is not expected. Finally, it's possible to relax and start enjoying it !

LMEK

Tiger Dick [sign in to see picture]

Missing Wrinkie on this one....

Mr S [sign in to see picture]

Great thread

We are in our early 60's and are enjoying sex more now then when in our 20's ..... perhaps because we have learned to slow down and really take time to please each other and ourself.

Toys can be fun and we have vibes, dildoes, cock rings, strokers and a strap-on. Sometimes we'll go a while without using a toy but then may use soemthing everytime for a week or two ..... we just go with what feels good at the time.

I'm fortunate that I get and maintain an erection easily and it even takes a while to subside after orgasm lol.

As said earlier in the thread, age is a mental thing ...... so I am just about ready to start secondary school ..... and neither of us intend to stop having fun anytime soon

Mr S wrote:

Toys can be fun and we have vibes, dildoes, cock rings, strokers and a strap-on. Sometimes we'll go a while without using a toy but then may use soemthing everytime for a week or two ..... we just go with what feels good at the time.

Yes - I think the use of toys also helps in bringing back the novelty of having sex without any and that is important too.

I'm sure that one day the strapon will assume its rightful place in the order of human inventions - sandwiched between the wheel and the smartphone 8-)=

Gyrator53 wrote:

Mr S wrote:

Yes - I think the use of toys also helps in bringing back the novelty of having sex without any and that is important too.

I'm sure that one day the strapon will assume its rightful place in the order of human inventions - sandwiched between the wheel and the smartphone 8-)=

I agree as toys can help to prolong foreplay to help keep sessoins much longer and interesting .This is important as we get older as many guys cannot sustain pennetration as we could do when we were in our 20s .I think as you get older some, get more kinkier as well as this also keep sex intersting with plenty of things to explore.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.