99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. pictures of clothes models wear versus reality

Belle_djour [sign in to see picture]

*cough cough* should we make jokes at Mr Belles expense....?

MzBee [sign in to see picture]

Hmmm I should really read what I type before committing to submitting (the post)! lol

Not about the size of the needle, but the quality of the sewing? heheheh

Ah. Oh. Right.

Sort of, it's not what you've got, more what you do with it...?

MzBee [sign in to see picture]

Apparently so I'm told. Normally by sewing needle wielding men as opposed to knitting needle wielding men (just to take the analogy that little bit further!)

Gosh. Better mention that to Mr Belle

Genie [sign in to see picture]

Thought I'd start up this post instead of creating a new topic...

Has anyone else noticed the increased use of photoshop on the models? The nex exposed model looks like something out of a comic book! I know that a lot of models get photoshopped but it's getting to a point where it's difficult to tell what the item they're wearing actually looks like. Maybe it's just me preferring to see the fit, material, etc instead of a airbrushed model.

was supposed to be new, not nex. Also, the links to the items I'm referring to:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20934

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20932

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

That model doesn't look real to me, of course I know she is, but something bout the pic makes her look really strange It'd put me off buying actually.... I suspect they're the pics supplied by the manufacturer?

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

That model doesn't look real to me, of course I know she is, but something bout the pic makes her look really strange It'd put me off buying actually.... I suspect they're the pics supplied by the manufacturer?

Yeah I think the manufacturer provides the pictures, and yeah she doesn't look real at all.

Carousel [sign in to see picture]

I've not bought any lingerie from Lh before, but after Hubs treated me to a lovely set for Valentines Day, I decided to take a peek myself.

I've spent my free time this arvo traulling through various styles and price ranges, and I am amazed at some of the 'photographs' that have been supplied to illustrate the garment. Like you, I've ruled out styles I like purely because of the promo pic - I don't know how they get away with it.

But, my biggest annoyance this afternoon has been finding things I like, only to discover they're 'One Size' and 'to fit 8-16' for example... How can something fit both a size 8 and a size 16?!?!?!? Even something made from a stretchy material couldn't possibly accomodate both sizes.

Lovehoney gets top marks from me for couple-friendly products and a pleasant site to browse through, but the fact they publish these photographs is a big let down... There's no need for it!

With the types of pics Genie has pointed out, it's impossible to get an accurate idea of the quality/thickness/sheerness/flow/tone of the material!!! Or what they'll look like on a real-life woman!

SnL [sign in to see picture]

The photoshopping is very over the top. It's probably the style they are after, aside from the outfit, it makes people stop and have a good look for a while. So obviously, the dramatic photoshopping will create a reaction thus showing other people thus more exposure of the product therefore perhaps a purchase of the product from a possible shock factor.

Model may not be entirely real but it's a fantasy figure to represent the company. Someone to remember possibly?

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

Genie wrote:

was supposed to be new, not nex. Also, the links to the items I'm referring to:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20934

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20932

Wow, she looks like she's made of wax! She's so shiny!

MrsP wrote:

I've not bought any lingerie from Lh before, but after Hubs treated me to a lovely set for Valentines Day, I decided to take a peek myself.

I've spent my free time this arvo traulling through various styles and price ranges, and I am amazed at some of the 'photographs' that have been supplied to illustrate the garment. Like you, I've ruled out styles I like purely because of the promo pic - I don't know how they get away with it.

But, my biggest annoyance this afternoon has been finding things I like, only to discover they're 'One Size' and 'to fit 8-16' for example... How can something fit both a size 8 and a size 16?!?!?!? Even something made from a stretchy material couldn't possibly accomodate both sizes.

Lovehoney gets top marks from me for couple-friendly products and a pleasant site to browse through, but the fact they publish these photographs is a big let down... There's no need for it!

With the types of pics Genie has pointed out, it's impossible to get an accurate idea of the quality/thickness/sheerness/flow/tone of the material!!! Or what they'll look like on a real-life woman!

I've stopped buying 'one size' items because they don't fit me, they're always too big because of the stretchiness of the material :(

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.