• Romantic Gestures

JayGee [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

Done and done! I'm DEFINATELY going so even if everyone else bails we can tear up the town together...like thelma and louise but without the bit at the end and with a lot more coresetry and cakes!

xxKPxx

Deal - I guess I'm Thelma then and yay on the corsetry/ cakie combo. Who's gonna be our JD?

Last time I was in London, we had an Express By Holiday Inn room for 3 people for £49 a night, for the room not per person.

bride2b [sign in to see picture]

last night had to be the most romantic for me,me glen and the kids all sat in the living room counting down to big ben chiming and when it did we hugged the kids then stood up and hugged each other and glenn said to me you become my wife this year,well the tears didnt stop,and it clicked,im getting married this year,iv had a massive grin on my face ever since and now it feels so much more real to me,and all because he said those words

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

bride2b wrote:

last night had to be the most romantic for me,me glen and the kids all sat in the living room counting down to big ben chiming and when it did we hugged the kids then stood up and hugged each other and glenn said to me you become my wife this year,well the tears didnt stop,and it clicked,im getting married this year,iv had a massive grin on my face ever since and now it feels so much more real to me,and all because he said those words

Awww that's really sweet! I wish you all the best for your wedding and marriage!

xxKPxx

The very best of luck to you b2b and your glen, and the kids I don't normally get excited by the prospect of weddings but I'm being swept up by yours. All the best love xxx

bride2b [sign in to see picture]

awww thank you hun,its been 18 months in the making and iv not been overly excited but now im like a button,4 months and 2 weeks to go!!!

Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]

In any of my relationships romance is dead. I romance myself. For some reason guys don't feel the need to romance me beyond paying for a meal on a first date. When a guy bought me chocolates for no reason in my first year of uni, I actually cried once he left - yes it is that bad! If anyone offers to buy me something tho I feel bad so say no. Sometimes I do wish they wouldn't ask and would just do it anyway, then I wouldn't feel guilty x

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

Yes they do.What do you think causes men to hesitate in romance?

Rowan wrote:

Yes they do.What do you think causes men to hesitate in romance?

Getting their heart trampled on will do it! I know a few of my male friends are quite romantic at heart but are getting less so everytime a girl breaks their heart...it's so sad!

xxKPxx

I think it's because we feel "romance" should be pretty clear cut, fit a pattern and be grand spontaneous gestures. As I have said, having a bunch of flowers thrust on me would probably result in a stern and disapproving look. Whereas, despite being a big navvy-built lass, I still go all weak-kneed at the thought of being swept up and then left bewildered. But even knowing that someone has put a lot of thought and planning into something to make it special for me is enough. I think listening as always is the key.

masterandslave [sign in to see picture]

bride2b wrote:

Awww bride2b that is soooo sweet!!!

x

I agree with the general tendancies - flowers is too cliche really, I like something that has more personal thought to it. My OH was out with me when I saw a bracelet I really liked, but I/he couldn't afford it about a month later it was my birthday so I dropped hints about the bracelet and the next time we were in town he said we would go and buy it. When we got there it was gone! I was so sad that I had missed it, but come my birthday - he gave me the very same bracelet!!! He bought it from this shop and then took me there the day after knowing he had already got it and it wouldn't be for sale! I could've hugged and throttled him at the same time!!! Not sure that's romance...

It is a crying shame that romance isn't happening as much as people deserve it!

x

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

ive never had any romantc kinda gestures towards me :S but i do think its simple things like just bringing coffee or knowing when you need a hug.

moonlit_walks [sign in to see picture]

My other half surprised me with a bunch of lillies a while ago because he was over an hour late picking me up ^_^

I invited him over to my house for a second christmas when I got back from my parents. It wasn't compleatly traditional. I cooked him a steak, potatos, carrots, yorkshire pudding and broccoli. He really enjoyed his second christmas :)

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Reading this thread reminds me how lucky I am .

Ax

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

Ax

Of course you're lucky AdnaW! You're with a Scouser girl!

Happy New Year by the way to you both!

Best wishes

SG69 x

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

AdnaW wrote:

Ax

Of course you're lucky AdnaW! You're with a Scouser girl!

Happy New Year by the way to you both!

Best wishes

SG69 x

Happy new year to you and yours from both of us too hun!

I have mentioned elsewhere but I'll mention it again, what a treat for the new year your profile picture is SG, very handsome!

Ax

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks folks!

Cheers regarding me mug! All your are lovely that I've seen AdnaW. WandA's a lucky fella indeed!

SG69 x

Bad Boy Maxx [sign in to see picture]

Got rid of the kids for the weekend, drove my lovely bride to one of our favorite nearby getaway towns, checked into a lovely hotel, cooked her her favorite meal with a chilled bottle of her favorite wine, rubbed her tired feet, watched movies in front of the fireplace and made love. She was more the grateful and I was more than gracious to be able to make her feel swept off her feet. She works so hard for our family and this was a very small way to remind her that she is not just a mother and wife but she is still my girl. The one who stole my heart.

Aww my OH came home today with a single, long-stemmed red rose, he'd damn near frozen his fingers off carrying it home! When he gave it to me he said he'd wanted to make me smile as I've been so glum recently thanks to a falling-apart flat and too much coursework! What an absolute sweetheart he is and what a spoiled girl I am

xxKPxx

Columbus [sign in to see picture]

Aww how lovely KP It reminded me that when Elcano and I went to Wroclaw last summer he went for a walk after we arrived (I had a kip!) and he came back with a long-stemmed rose for me

And BadBoyMaxx - not so much 'bad boy' as 'very good boy' How awesome and gorgeous is your post!!

KittyPurry wrote:

Aww my OH came home today with a single, long-stemmed red rose, he'd damn near frozen his fingers off carrying it home! When he gave it to me he said he'd wanted to make me smile as I've been so glum recently thanks to a falling-apart flat and too much coursework! What an absolute sweetheart he is and what a spoiled girl I am

xxKPxx

Ahhhhh tha't's lovely! <3

Ax

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.