• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Taking a bed restraint on a plane in hand luggage? HELP!

    1470169595
    Jack95 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 2
    • Joined: 22 Jul 2015

    I plan to take my girlfriend away to Europe on an easyjet flight, I want to supprise her with something different, in the form a LH basics bed restraint, just Velcro cuffs and material. We will be travelling only with hand luggage!!

    Does anyone know or has experience in taking such items through security in hand luggage, is this a prohibited item etc?

    Thanks!

    1470169856
    sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1309
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2015

    I wouldnt go there mate! Especially with security being how it is at the moment. Best put it into a checked baggage in the hold.

    1470169937
    GeekyEleanor [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 299
    • Joined: 22 Nov 2014

    I don't think it's prohibited per se, I don't even thing the BASICS model can be actually seen through the scanners. After all, I've brought even a small swiss knife in a hand luggage (on Air France) and no one said a word. I doubt you'll encounter issues with it.

    1470170189
    sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1309
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2015

    GeekyEleanor wrote:

    I don't think it's prohibited per se, I don't even thing the BASICS model can be actually seen through the scanners. After all, I've brought even a small swiss knife in a hand luggage (on Air France) and no one said a word. I doubt you'll encounter issues with it.

    How recently was that? You've just got to be careful. I wanted to bring my 59sog restraints away but I think they may have been confiscated. Save it for when you're back home for a kinky night in.
    1470170400
    GeekyEleanor [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 299
    • Joined: 22 Nov 2014

    sugarboobies2232 wrote:

    GeekyEleanor wrote:

    I don't think it's prohibited per se, I don't even thing the BASICS model can be actually seen through the scanners. After all, I've brought even a small swiss knife in a hand luggage (on Air France) and no one said a word. I doubt you'll encounter issues with it.

    How recently was that? You've just got to be careful. I wanted to bring my 59sog restraints away but I think they may have been confiscated. Save it for when you're back home for a kinky night in.

    It was last New years, barely a month and half after the Bataclan terrorist attack. I found it odd, I had completely forgot I had the knife in the baggage, it was a leftover from another trip, they passed the luggage through the scanner and said nothing. They were more worried about my braces, they make the metal detectors go off often.

    at this point wouldn't it be easier and safer to have a second kit delivered to her house?

    1470171742
    sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1309
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2015

    GeekyEleanor wrote:

    sugarboobies2232 wrote:

    GeekyEleanor wrote:

    I don't think it's prohibited per se, I don't even thing the BASICS model can be actually seen through the scanners. After all, I've brought even a small swiss knife in a hand luggage (on Air France) and no one said a word. I doubt you'll encounter issues with it.

    How recently was that? You've just got to be careful. I wanted to bring my 59sog restraints away but I think they may have been confiscated. Save it for when you're back home for a kinky night in.

    It was last New years, barely a month and half after the Bataclan terrorist attack. I found it odd, I had completely forgot I had the knife in the baggage, it was a leftover from another trip, they passed the luggage through the scanner and said nothing. They were more worried about my braces, they make the metal detectors go off often.

    at this point wouldn't it be easier and safer to have a second kit delivered to her house?

    WOW! How they didn't pick up on this I don't know!
    1470172498
    Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6212
    • Joined: 18 Dec 2007

    You could always take 2 lengths of rope with you in a bag with some pegs, and say it is to use as a washing line.  Then you can use the rope to lay under the width of the bed to tie wrists and ankles - as a make-shift under the mattress restraint.

    Just remember, if using rope to tie, don't use a slip knot, make sure that you can get 2 fingers under the rope so that circulation is not cut off.  Hope you both have lots of fun...  xx

    1470177165
    Yummymummy :-* [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 403
    • Joined: 22 Dec 2015

    You're not able to take restraints in hand luggage. If they are found they will be confiscated. It really isn't worth it. If you have a bag you're checking in pop them in there.

    1470195292
    Kanu Suckmeov [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1083
    • Joined: 14 Dec 2014

    I was going to take our restraints in our hold luggage on our present holiday, but in the end decided not to, due to the possible problems. I definately wouldn't take them in hand luggage as the authorities might take the stand that you are going to use them to tie the stewardess up, ha-ha

    1470200954
    Devoted Husband [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 78
    • Joined: 8 Jul 2016

    Just take a few suit ties with you and use them as bed restraints. Much safer then losing a treasured purchase from here.

    1470201311
    Devoted Husband [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 78
    • Joined: 8 Jul 2016

    Just saw this on the site
    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33711
    It would be a safer option to take as it won't look like a restraint when they scan it.

    1470211904
    Jr251271 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 105
    • Joined: 10 Apr 2016

    Im in the industry, simple answer is check it into hold luggage, wont be a problem.

    1470216639
    Jack95 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 2
    • Joined: 22 Jul 2015

    Thank you for all the replies! My first post wasn't expecting so many replies!

    As I said I can only take hand luggage, as the restraint is just a material one with Velcro and no metal apart from a small ring in the centre it should be fine shouldn't it?

    1470216877
    NatandTom [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6522
    • Joined: 6 Jun 2015

    I'm not sure which airport you're going to fly from, but I checked with the first one that came up and it reads that is an offence to carry all restraining items such as handcuffs and tape into the cabin. So no, I don't think it's fine.

    1470216912
    honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 737
    • Joined: 5 Mar 2016

    Can't you just buy something when you get there? Just rope or something similar. Would stop the drama you might get at the airport

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.