• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Something special to prepare for .. ideas x xx

violetcreams [sign in to see picture]

I thought I would introduce myself, say hi and explain my situation before i start banging on and on (or rather not banging) about my situation across every thread going.

I'm back on lovehoney as I have some special and looong overdue nights to plan for.

My partner will be released from prison in just over 2 months time and we have a lot of making up to do! (after what will have been 9 months apart)

Does anyone have any suggestions for special occasions? I just know that I will be getting very emotional when the day comes and preparing ahead is helping me to stay organised and cope mentally.

Its a situation I wouldn't wish on anyone but I know a lot of your OHs must work away etc.

Thanks for your help everyone xxxx

mamz [sign in to see picture]

Woaw that is great news! You seem to already have some things in mind, I see you have a wishlist for that special night. What have you planned so far?

And is it too personnal if I ask you what got him in? (feel free if you're not confortable answering this)

I really hope you have a great night, but also many others following! Don't get your expectations too high for the first, because sometimes it can ruin it all, for exemple if something not planned happens and you become stressed out about it and it just ruins the night. This will be the first of many upcoming nights so don't put too much expectations on it. I'm not saying not to plan anything or not to be excited about it though! I'd like to help you plan all this but I want to know what you already have planned first.

Good luck!

Hi Mamz

Im planning the first few nights in a hotel as I live away at the moment. I'm planning to get some new underwear obviously and a few toys when funds allow. All i can imagine is a lot of cuddles and tears and im trying to look past that, although I will be an absolute mess when he comes out of the gates. Also TMI but I cant imagine hes going to last too long! lol me neither actually..

He is in there for a driving offence that he committed before I met him so I couldn't really say /do anything but stand by him.

You certainly picked up on my stress - did I give it away by planning months in advance lol! Although it is going to be like meeting a new person and (hopefully!) falling in love all over again

xx Thanks xx

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Hi there.

You will both be so excited to see each other again.

I also think it's best to try not to put too much pressure on yourselves that first few days and nights. You'll both probably need to do a lot of readjusting.

Maybe just have a quiet night in the first night with a takeaway and a cuddle up on the sofa with some candles, snacks and a good movie or boxset and just enjoy being together again. Hopefully there will be lots of kissing, cuddling and reconnecting again.

Maybe you won't be able to keep your hands off each other and head straight to the bedroom or maybe you'll be a bit overwhelmed and emotional. You've got plenty time ahead to enjoy and get to know each other again.

Good luck x

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Sorry. Cross posted with you violet.

Enjoy your stay in the hotel x

Thank you x x x

As for chilled evening/hands all over each other i have no doubt it will be the latter.

I am definitely excited, and I definitely feel more relaxed receiving these replies. Both of you have been so understanding

Xx

Ashley22 [sign in to see picture]

That's so exciting :D

Have you thought about massage oils / candles? They are a great way to ease into things & are quite relaxing.

I'm sure you will have an amazing time no matter what you do (:

I'm so thankful everyone has given positive replies. I usually Dont like to broadcast that my partners in jail but it kind of changes the sexual side of things (just a bit)!
    Thank you everyone for not being judgmental x 💕

Massage oils sound like a fab idea I hadn't thought of that.

Not sure if anyone else is like me but I'm always conscious of messing up the hotel room. I always tidy my room before I leave . so I'm going to hit the reviews to find a non greasy oil.

Xx

missyO [sign in to see picture]

You could get a pvc bed sheet so you don't ruin the hotel's and get a nasty bill. Or take your own towels to put down.

Sweet Cherries [sign in to see picture]

Oh how exciting! For massage you can use the durex 2 n 1 lube. I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as oil but it doesn't stain and just seems easier than having to remember oil and towels etc..

Cause mamz is right, if you build it up and one little goes wrong it'll fall like a flan.

Keep it free and easy and remember that's it's the first night and not the only. You've got all the time coming now...

Congratulations honey!

Sweet Cherries wrote:

Oh how exciting! For massage you can use the durex 2 n 1 lube. I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as oil but it doesn't stain and just seems easier than having to remember oil and towels etc..

Cause mamz is right, if you build it up and one little goes wrong it'll fall like a flan.

Keep it free and easy and remember that's it's the first night and not the only. You've got all the time coming now...

Congratulations honey!

The 2 in 1 idea is a good idea but I wouldn't go for durex and i'd buy better quality lube (I own one that is suitable for both sex and massages and is very good quality)

Or this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30598 yum it looks so good I want to lick it just by looking at the bottle

Or a lickable massage candle

Any massage thing that you can lick is a good idea because you start by relaxing getting/recieving a massage. It recreate the bound between you, relieves the stress associated with all this, and the fact that it is lickable means it easily leads to something more.

Sweet Cherries [sign in to see picture]

Please share mamz? Which better lube do you have? I have that one and it's my first but it's not great, it dries out and goes gummy..

Sorry to hijack violetcreams but I'm sure you can use this info too!

Sweet Cherries wrote:

Please share mamz? Which better lube do you have? I have that one and it's my first but it's not great, it dries out and goes gummy..

Sorry to hijack violetcreams but I'm sure you can use this info too!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=362

I love it, you can read my review about it if you like

I have sensitive skin so finding a lube that suits me may be hard but this one causes no irritation nor discomfort during penetration.

It can be used as a massage oil but there is nothing sensual about it, there is no particular taste or smell.

and it's silicone based so not compatible with most of sex toys. It is still my fav though for sex because it feels so good and lasts for so long without getting sticky. They do have a water-based version of this lube though but I still haven't tried it (It contains propylen glycol if i'm right and I've been told this could be irritating, while the silicone version does not so I decided to stick to the one I own)

A lot of people here love the sliquid lubes, and they have flavoured versions: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22112

KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]

Hello and welcome. I don't really have anything to add as I think that the above is spot on but I wanted to wish you all the best for your time together.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

First off, I am so excited for you to start this new chapter in your life and in your relationship and a fresh start for your OH. People make mistakes, but it sounds like the time is almost served so you can both move forward in a positive direction.

As far as planning months ahead, I get it! You also need to having something to look forward to and you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....

A few random thoughts and ideas here:

- some new lingerie. That is always a confience boost for me. If you are going to be spending a few days at a hotel I would go for something you may feel sexy just laying around in and ordering pizza delivery in...

Might a suggest the Lovehoney spoil me satin black robe. It covers all the bits that need to be but leaves a lot of leg and falls open easily if you want to flash him or hide something else underneath for a big reveal.

The spoil me satin babydoll is also on discount right now and is really a lovely piece for the price. But go up a size if you like to hide the midsection as it fits tighter than a normal babydoll design normally does.

For some fun new knickers I love the flirty lace boyshorts or for fun maybe a crotchless pair to wear under a skirt or dress if you guys go out on a date night as well?

- As others have suggested lube is a great item to have on hand and the massage oils or a massage candle would be a lovely way to spoil each other and relearn each others bodies.

- As far as toys go I am not clear how much you did or did not play with them before he was away but I would keep it simple for a bit if not as cock ring, a small wand or traditional vibe could be nice to have on hand for the playtime you have set aside.

Best wishes in your relationship going forward. (virtual hugs)

[suspended user]

suspended user

There's nothing I can advise as it's been covered really well. I'm 100% on the lingere idea, it'll make you feel really sexy and confident too. It must be so exciting though getting to see your partner after such a long period. Enjoy and have an orgasmic time ❤xx

LeilaK [sign in to see picture]

Aww you must be so excited! Loads of great advice has already been suggested. I wouldn't plan too much and just go with the flow, and enjoy each other. I would definitely buy some gorgeous lingerie from Lovehoney. I have quite a few pieces.

I recently bought this and it's stunning
    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32859

There is also a spoil me satin robe, which Vanessa already mentioned http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33355

I hope you have a wonderful time together. The first night of many! x

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

You have got some good advice from here. I would just add to take everything slowly and gauge his reaction as you go along. He just might be a little nervous after so long, so you may have to nurse him along.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.