• Just had my first hollywood wax yesterday....ouch

kittykat69 [sign in to see picture]

does the laser one actually work tigerlillies?

Puppies77 [sign in to see picture]

Tigerlilies wrote:

First one? You get the purple heart, sister. I prefer being waxed with a landing strip because as Wizzie says it's that last little piece that hurts the most. I can't stand the pain of shaving and creams so waxing is suprisingly the least painful option for me. I invested a lot in laser too which is a dream and the only method that doesn't result in paiful regrowth and ingrown hairs.

I'd love to use laser. Is it good for large areas or is it more for the odd hair??

I hate shaving, it hurts so bad when it grows back. I'm imbarrissed to go and get it waxed as ive had 4 kids and I am rather blessed (more like cursed) in the fuzz department :(

If i was loaded i would go and get every hair from my armpits down removed by laser professionally.

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

Laser requires several treatments to get rid of everything but what it zaps in one session is removed forever. The reason you get regrowth is because each hair is growing in a different cycle and you have to catch it at the right point. This said the entire area that's treated will be smooth after the session is over. The hairs that grow back come back much slower (in my case over a month) and don't result in ingrown hair. After a few treatments I saw about a 60% reduction and now I'm on treatment six I'm nearly satisfied.

For me it's worked like a miracle but I'm an ideal candidate with dark hair and porcelain skin. If you want to look into it it's wise to talk to your dermatologist and he'll know the best place near you. Usually they're the ones with Alexandrite lasers.

If you're willing to spend the cash it's worth it. I justify it by working out how much I've saved on other treatment. My fave thing about lasers is that it doesn't rip the skin and every tiny invisible hair like in waxing and the result is much smoother unlike that sort of 'rubbery' feeling you can get after waxing.

sh4ag [sign in to see picture]

hi tigerliilies how much does it cost to get the laser treatment and where do you go and get it done?

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

Hi sh4ag your treatment very much depends on the area and what number treatment it is. For small patches I've paid as little as 20 pounds and as much as 110. Now I've had so many we charge by the minute which often works out cheaper (if it doesn't my clinic charges the standard rate)

Sorry I can't say where I go to but look out for clinics with Alexandrite lasers and talk to your GP to see a dermotologist. They frequently have to refer people with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome for laser treatment so they'll know who is best.

sh4ag [sign in to see picture]

ok thanks tigerliilies i will keep an eye out for them

Puppies77 [sign in to see picture]

BitofWOW wrote:

Puppies would you let your fella do the wax? My mrs has done mine plenty of times and went well

I not considered that. He would do it if i asked him im sure. He might be worried i'd hit him though lol

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.