99p Next Day delivery! Order by 7pm today
  1. Painful sex

    SistaSoulja [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 3
    • Joined: 11 Oct 2015

    Nothing more than that other than sex is sometimes painful and we can't do a whole lot of positions that we used to be able to do as a result. The rock and roll missionary position is suddenly painful and recently the doggy style too. I have gained a bit of weight and we are trying for a baby. Looking for some tips from people who have had similar experiences.

    pegguin [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 163
    • Joined: 14 Aug 2015

    If it wasnt painful before and is now then probably best to hop to a gynecologist and get checked out?


    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 328
    • Joined: 8 Oct 2015

    pegguin wrote:

    If it wasnt painful before and is now then probably best to hop to a gynecologist and get checked out?

    +1 Also if you're TTC a trip to the docs is good practice anyway and they will recommend you keep your weight within a BMI range of 20-25 Good luck x
    sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1309
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2015

    I had this once, with my first partner. Would definitely visit your gyno, turned out I had an STD for my birthday present from him.. Lol. Hope you get sorted soon x

    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1987
    • Joined: 24 Oct 2012

    It's doubtful the weight gain will be the reason. If you've stopped using condoms when you were before and/or have been having more frequent sex, you could have contracted a UTI. Especially if you've been utilizing any of the tactics some suggest to get increase your chance of pregnancy like not urinating after sex. It's pretty common to get a UTI when you start having unprotected sex so it's not a major issue, but definitely go get yourself checked out so that if that is the case you can get it treated.

    It could also be worth going down the STI check route if you've only started having unprotected sex with your partner too, just to rule everything out before you concieve.

    Also, silly question but you wouldn't have been trying long enough to actually become pregnant? That can also cause everything to become oversensitive to the point of being painful. I suppose you'd have taken a test already if you're actively trying?

    My vote is still on UTI. Or potentially inner bruising if you've been overindulging in intercourse? Maybe if you've been using less lube than usual you could have irritated yourself internally?

    I'd pop to the doctor, a quick pee dip will tell them if you have an infection or not which is a good starting point and they can likely swab you for anything else they suspect could be going on while you're there.

    VR [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 318
    • Joined: 11 Jul 2015

    I second the UTI or even thrush. And the suggestion of seeing your GP or local GUM clinic (mine are brilliant - I even go there for smears).

    Maybe it is just bruising, though, so as it's the weekend and you're not likely to get to a clinic until Monday the earliest, try using more lube. You may subconsciously be tensing up more by being anxious about getting pregnant.

    As an afterthought, have you always used condoms? If it's your first time without, you may have a semen allergy like lucky old me. It took me years to get diagnosed. It was only seeing a great female doctor at the GUM clinic that I finally found out what it was.

    Whatever it is, I hope you get it sorted soon, and good luck with the baby-making.

    Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3026
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    +1 go see your gyno. Could also be B.V.

    Laveila [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2161
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2010

    I do suggest to see a doctor. If everything was completely ok and now it is not, it is better to get it checked. It could be lot of things, like infection, STD or like someone mentioned the alergy to semen.

    The weight will not have anything to do with it if the pain is inside your body.

    DecadenceDoll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 8
    • Joined: 3 Jan 2010

    Go get checked out. Painful sex is a sign of so many different potential conditions that a quick visit to your GP/Gynaecologist will put your mind at ease better than any post people can make here.


    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.