£1.99 Monday delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Female Genital Cosmetic Surgery- whats your thoughts?

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

It's their body so once at an age where they are deemed to be able to make the decision for themselves (18-21) it's nothing to do with anybody else. If I wanted something doing it's got sod all to do with anyone!

SG69 x

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

Apparently the burdon on the NHS from botched cosmetic surgeries and post-op complications and infections is pretty huge ... that annoys me a bit because it's unecessary surgery that ends up costing time and money that the already cash-strapped healthcare system can't really afford!

I don't like how judgmental I'm being on this because obviously every life is important and it's not like doctors sit and decide "hmmm shall I treat this child with cancer or shall I treat the woman with a post-op infection from her boob job"... I don't know, it just doesn't seem quite right to me some how. Rant over!

xxKPxx

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

sweetlove666 wrote: would you say to someone who had something like clubbed feet that it was just how theyre made and instead of having surgery to correct their medical conditions they should go for counselling and it will cure all? its the same theory as you apply to this surgery.

That's a medical condition where something is actually wrong with your feet - it affects your joints, your posture, walking... women who have literally nothing wrong with their labia are going in and getting them surgically altered because they THINK (only think) they look "wrong".

labiaplastys are done cosmetically, for cosmetic reasons. but the majority of surgeries are done because women feel unconfortable in everyday situations, for exapmple cloathes rubbing, an increase in UTI's or it affecting their sex lives so badly that they are non existent. counselling can't sort out cloathes rubbing or UTI's!

yes, people who have it done for cosmetic reasons should probably be offored counselling first. but those who get this proceure done on the NHS in england have to have severe cases and have to go through counselling beforehand. the operation is available in the private medical profession, but theyre still the same doctors, same hypocratic oath and regulations to have operations.

Then that's a medical problem, not a cosmetic one. I'm talking about having it done cosmetically. Where the problem exists in your head, your perception; taking a scalpel to your labia is not going to fix it.

We don't have the NHS here, and the operation is still performed, 100% privately, and that's the case in the US too. People pay to have this done because they think they look "wrong". As for the Hippocratic oath, these doctors aren't doing the patients any harm, but that still doesn't mean they're doing the right thing.

spankmebaby [sign in to see picture]

A woman (or man) who wants cosmetic surgery purely for vanity reasons is PATHETIC and needs a psychiatrist not a surgeon, I'm not talking breast reduction or comfort/medical purposes btw.

Put them on a cancer ward or a burns unit and see how they feel then!

They might be more physically "perfect "after surgery but inside they are ugly - I wish they could have a real physical deformity and see what it's like to live with every single day.

If you think you "need" bigger breasts or a flatter stomach etc. what you actually NEED is to get a life.

Can you tell I have very strong feelings about this subject?

spankmebaby wrote:

A woman (or man) who wants cosmetic surgery purely for vanity reasons is PATHETIC and needs a psychiatrist not a surgeon, I'm not talking breast reduction or comfort/medical purposes btw.

They might be more physically "perfect "after surgery but inside they are ugly - I wish they could have a real physical deformity and see what it's like to live with every single day.

If you think you "need" bigger breasts or a flatter stomach etc. what you actually NEED is to get a life.

I do agree with what you've said about directing non-essential plastic surgery cases to phychiatrists rather than the operating table. I also agree, as I have expressed earlier in the thread, that other medical conditions need the funding and the expertise of doctors far more.

Sorry to moralise but I think your post is more than a little harsh and I feel your anger is misdirected. Granted it's a sad state of affairs that people feel the need to resort to surgery to feel better about themselves but I don't think calling them "pathetic" and telling them to "get a life" is really fair. People feel insecure about the way they look for all sorts of reasons: the media, abusive parents, partners etc, eating disorders, body dismophic disorders. Just because someone feels unhappy with the way they look doesn't make them ugly inside, it makes them vulnerable, damaged even. The fact that someone would be willing to put their body through surgery I think shows how bad they must feel. I think everyone has their fat/ugly days so imagine feeling like that but 100 times worse and feeling it every day, now imagine there's an option available that you think would fix the problem ... you'd surely consider taking it?

I'm lucky to feel comfortable enough in my own skin to say bollocks to surgery, I'm going to age naturally (and probably disgracefully) but not everyone was brought up feeling loved just the way they are and I think it's important to acknowledge this.

Sorry again for ranting but I really don't think it's the peole who want surgery that we should be getting mad at it's the fat-cat surgeons who are getting rich by propelling the myth of plastic-perfection at the expense of vulnerable people's self-esteem!

xxKPxx

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

I'm lucky to feel comfortable enough in my own skin to say bollocks to surgery, I'm going to age naturally (and probably disgracefully) but not everyone was brought up feeling loved just the way they are and I think it's important to acknowledge this.

Sorry again for ranting but I really don't think it's the peole who want surgery that we should be getting mad at it's the fat-cat surgeons who are getting rich by propelling the myth of plastic-perfection at the expense of vulnerable people's self-esteem!

xxKPxx

Yup, this. Spot on, KP.

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

spankmebaby wrote:

Would you say that anybody who has their hair cut, wore makeup and paid a lot of money for nice clothes were pathetic and need to seek medical help as they're only trying to enhance their appearance cosmetically for vanity reasons?

I had a disscussion with someone the other day who thought that people who purchased sex toys, sex clothing, lubes, cock rings, floggers, spanking paddles and bondage gear was pathetic, would you possibly come within that assumption? I do!

And I'm not pathetic by a long shot.

I wouldn't go around labelling people Spankmebaby. . . . .

Somebody out there may label you one day!

SG69 x

spankmebaby [sign in to see picture]

I do agree with your thoughts about the surgeons, how ironic that modern cosmetic surgery came about due to the treatment of the horrific burns of WW2 pilots.

I am being harsh, but these stupid, stupid girls ( and the blokes who have pec implants etc.) are so shallow, how would they cope with a real physical deformity? God forbid they would lose a breast to cancer or be horrifically scarred or burned, i just want to shake them and lead them by the hand to a burns unit, where young children with terrible injuries have such courage and strength , maybe that would make them stop whinging and feeling sorry for themselves . The silly women who go in for labiaplasty - how will they cope if they have a traumatic childbirth injury? I'd love to see their face if they had a fistula or other nasty, how would they cope if they had to poo through their vagina?

diamonds [sign in to see picture]

spankmebaby wrote:

spankmebaby wrote:

I do agree with your thoughts about the surgeons, how ironic that modern cosmetic surgery came about due to the treatment of the horrific burns of WW2 pilots.

I am being harsh, but these stupid, stupid girls ( and the blokes who have pec implants etc.) are so shallow, how would they cope with a real physical deformity? God forbid they would lose a breast to cancer or be horrifically scarred or burned, i just want to shake them and lead them by the hand to a burns unit, where young children with terrible injuries have such courage and strength , maybe that would make them stop whinging and feeling sorry for themselves . The silly women who go in for labiaplasty - how will they cope if they have a traumatic childbirth injury? I'd love to see their face if they had a fistula or other nasty, how would they cope if they had to poo through their vagina?

i really find your post here quite agressive, its good to have an opion but its not right of you to label anyone or speak of people how you have in these two posts.

i find your posts to be along the lines of thoughs by a person lady lara/hathor.... so maybe you should read the forum rules and think about the words you use.

diamonds

You and I might be able to easily prioritise treatment of physical diseases and injuries but clearly we are coming from a secure and reasonably body-confident perspective.

It's a question of empathy though...I can imagine that if I had been teased, rejected and generally made to feel terrible about myself and I had the option of correcting whatever the percieved fault was I'm sure I'd probably be far less against plastic surgery.

I find that people tend not to take psychiatric conditions appropriately seriously, unless you've experienced mental health difficulties I think it's very hard to understand. I've had an eating disorder and I can assure you I'm not a silly person nor am I a vain one but without the support of the health service (and my amazing OH) I probably wouldn't be alive today.

If you need a valid medical reason for people wanting to have surgery take a look at some medical journals and see what physical effects stress can have on the body - it is actually possible to die from the effects of stress hormones, you can litteraly worry yourself to death.

I also think it's really quite innapropriate to be wishing serious injuries and diseases on people to teach them a lesson. I'm quite happily going to preach now because what you said about wanting to see someones face "if they had a fistula or other nasty" is really unplesant and I think you really need to show a bit more compassion.

Champion the women who say no to plastic surgery, support those who don't/can't and if at all possible stick two fingers up at any cosmetic surgeon you might meet!

xxKPxx

Lubyanka [sign in to see picture]

diamonds wrote:

spankmebaby wrote:

A woman (or man) who wants cosmetic surgery purely for vanity reasons is PATHETIC and needs a psychiatrist not a surgeon, [...] Put them on a cancer ward or a burns unit and see how they feel then! [...] inside they are ugly - I wish they could have a real physical deformity [...] If you think you "need" bigger breasts or a flatter stomach etc. what you actually NEED is to get a life.

spankmebaby wrote:

[...] I am being harsh, but these stupid, stupid girls ( and the blokes who have pec implants etc.) are so shallow, [...] i just want to shake them and lead them by the hand to a burns unit, where young children with terrible injuries [...] maybe that would make them stop whinging and feeling sorry for themselves . The silly women who go in for labiaplasty [...] I'd love to see their face if they had a fistula or other nasty

i really find your post here quite agressive, its good to have an opion but its not right of you to label anyone or speak of people how you have in these two posts.

i find your posts to be along the lines of thoughs by a person lady lara/hathor.... so maybe you should read the forum rules and think about the words you use.

I agree with diamonds. Also, of the forum rules:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/lovehoney-news/web-site-help/22072-lovehoney-forum-rules/

rule number 1 states:

1. Debate and discussion is encouraged but rude, insulting or inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated.

I think both of your above posts pretty clearly contain quite inflammatory language as well as rude insulting name-calling language.

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Now I can understand if its nessacary in these kinds of cases, but I'm pretty sure that the NHS doesn't cover general cosmetic surgury and I'm sure that if the surgury comes out of their own pockets, then it shouldn't be a problem right?

What people spend their money on is their own problem, but the way I see it is that if you're so insecure you think you need an operation to make yourself look better, there are deeper psychological issues going on that a mere operation isn't going to solve.

Everyone has something they dont like about their body, I think that's part of what makes us human. Imagine someone who believed they had the perfect body, how cocky and arrogant they would be!

Ecksvie wrote:

Everyone has something they dont like about their body, I think that's part of what makes us human. Imagine someone who believed they had the perfect body, how cocky and arrogant they would be!

Well, there's some things about my body I wish was a bit different (health and stuff) but I honestly believe I have the perfect body. My breasts sag perfectly on their way to my knees, the few grey hairs I have are perfectly grey, my knees are perfectly turned in, my ankles are perfectly cylindrical, and my waist is perfectly hidden just under my bustline.

Does that make me cocky and arrogant? Or does it make me perfect? Tune in to find out all that and more in tonight's episode of "Name That Neurosis".

ps: If it makes me cocky, does that mean I get a free cock? Please? :p

Lubyanka wrote:

maybe, unless I can interest you in a free coquette?

xxKPxx

KittyPurry wrote:

Lubyanka wrote:

Yes please, I'd like one in very berry, and does she come in purple? :p

Lubyanka wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

Lubyanka wrote:

well I'm told I smell of strawberries and have been known to turn a little purple after a particularly good disciplinary session

xxKPxx

KittyPurry wrote:

Lubyanka wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

Lubyanka wrote:

well I'm told I smell of strawberries and have been known to turn a little purple after a particularly good disciplinary session

Great, I'll have a purple one in very berry with a side order of fries and a [CENSORED]. :p

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

Lubyanka wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

Well, there's some things about my body I wish was a bit different (health and stuff) but I honestly believe I have the perfect body. My breasts sag perfectly on their way to my knees, the few grey hairs I have are perfectly grey, my knees are perfectly turned in, my ankles are perfectly cylindrical, and my waist is perfectly hidden just under my bustline.

Does that make me cocky and arrogant? Or does it make me perfect? Tune in to find out all that and more in tonight's episode of "Name That Neurosis".

Coincidentally, I dont think there's such a thing as a perfect body, or at least in the sense that the media gives out. The problem is, there's so much pressure to be perfect in today's world and to look like all the celebs and such, ordinary women with insecurity issues dont realise that they've been airbrushed to death. Even ordinary women that the insecure look up to. If they talked to them they'd find out they've all got things they dislike about their bodies too. I sometimes envy girls with flat stomachs, but I know there are other girls who'd envy my 34F boobs, so it's all the same. Everybody wants what they dont have.

I think perfection is relative. The media has such high standards of beauty, even the most beautiful they portray dont really look like that by the time they've been airbrushed, and even the celebs that are stick thin starve themselves to get like that. They're not really living! Screw it, life's too short to worry about what you look like.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I've refrained from answering this question as I'm undecided on my opinion. I mean I always said if my boobs stayed this small then I'd get them made bigger - they used to be such an insecurity that I was physically sick the first time my OH kissed them I was just that terrified. I knew that if I had them done I would feel better, I knew that it would help and I also knew I was doing it just for ME and not for anyone else.

However - my OH has worked and worked with me, and now I like my boobs, I don't quite love them yet, but I know that my OH loves them when I'm naked and when I wear clothes I just use REALLY padded bras to make them look bigger so it's a solution without surgery!

So I understand how people could want (or even need if counselling didn't help) cosmetic surgery (and to be fair, the NHS only ever do cosmetic surgery for disfigurement or for people who have such insecurities that even counselling won't help).

However on the other hand, it really gets on my wick that the media, and "society" have these conceived images of what is "attractive" - I mean historically women with big, high hips and little boobs was considered attractive, yet now they have to be skinny and curvy all at the same time things like that change so often that surely we should all be confident that everyone is attractive, just different people have different preferences. I think we should all learn to be comfortable in our own skin. and it angers me that we have an "I want - I have" society where we have become so used to getting what we want - even perfect looks - by whatever means possible!

In terms of genital surgery, I'm not so sure, I'd hate my pussy to change just because I had kids, and yet at the same time, it would be like a badge of honour and I've heard it can actually improve sex. I'd like to say that I would be confident enough to accept change and love the "new me" just as much but perhaps I wouldn't have the guts (this is if I in fact have a natural labour - I'm not sure my body would cope with one but that's another story). As for if my pussy had faults? I don't really know - I either have a pretty good looking pussy, or I just have a lot of confidence. I don't really watch porn or look at other peoples pussys that often so I have nothing to compare it too - maybe that's the trick to confidence, either never knowing anything other than your own, or seeing so many variables that differences become accepted as differences and not faults!

I agree that perfection is subjective Ecksvie! I really do think my OH is perfect....but here's the key part....FOR ME! He suits me "perfectly" but that doesn't mean everyone likes him as much as I do! The same is true of all perfections that I can think of! I mean how many people disagree on which eye colour is the most attractive?! We don't try to change our eye colour because differences in those are accepted, yet boobs, bums, pussys are all fair game?! I'm still unsure!

One thing I know for sure is that I couldn't have cosmetic surgery - I'm too scared of anaesthetic to take the risk for something so "trivial" but it would be different if it were a medical condition (including physchological disorders here) or a disfigurement from an accident of some sort then it would be different.

Ax

SweetSubmission [sign in to see picture]

shellyboo wrote:

I'm completely, totally and utterly against it. I think it's a fabricated surgery that preys on women's insecurities and any doctor who performs it is a disgrace, tbh. Any woman walking into a surgery so unhappy that she wants to surgically alter her genitals should be being directed to a counsellor, not the operating table.

Seconded. I don't show mine to anyone who wouldn't appreciate me in all my natural glory. The idea that our self image can become so distorted as to think our vaginas need to be surgically altered just to make them "prettier" is breaks my heart.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.