• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. How do I get rid of my sex toys?

Stella L [sign in to see picture]

Hi, I have a lot of sex toys (100+) that I would like to throw away.

Some are new but I don't want them anymore, do I just put them in the bin?

Thanks

Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]

Send them to rabbit amnesty to be recycled: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/rabbitamnesty/

Clockwork_Oasis [sign in to see picture]

The ones that are battery driven best be sent to the rabbit amnesty (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/rabbitamnesty/) so it's recycled and treated properly. Everything else can just go in the bin (or someone else's bin if you're shy ;-) )

If you have toys that are unused and unopened, you could check the "adopt a toy" thread in the forum =)

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

I send mine to the rabbit amnesty, have a few more I need to send.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I saw this; rabbit amnesty need to find the appropriate information regarding postage /pick up procedure's

[suspended user]

suspended user

I tried hitting the link provided above *cringe* please blank my previous idiotic reply lol

Subdom27 [sign in to see picture]

You should hold off sending them to Rabbit Amnesty as I believe you don't currently get any Oh! Points for them due to a revamp of the scheme. I think they'll be awarding points in the future.

Also, any new and unused ones can be put up for adoption on the "Adopt a Toy" thread.

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

If you're not bothered, wrap them in a black bag and chuck in the trash, lets face it no one is going to trawl through the bin?

[suspended user]

suspended user

Anything with a motor should be responsibly recycled through some sort of official weee programme.
    If you're in the uk, google weee and the name of your borough, city or district council, and you should be able to find out how best to recycle these items in your local area.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

If you're not bothered, wrap them in a black bag and chuck in the trash, lets face it no one is going to trawl through the bin?

Please DON'T do this. Like others said, there are loads of ways to dispose of them in a responsible way. Rabbit Amnesty is great if you live in the UK (with or without Oh!Points). But all western world countries have a local area/scheme for disposing of electrical stuff in a civil way. You should also recycle where possible the non electrical stuff such as dildos, etc.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Our carbon footsteps fantastically good. Past, present, future, we do everything correctly to help the environment. May I ask, the oh points with rabbit amnesty?

Subdom27 [sign in to see picture]

slinky binky wrote:

Our carbon footsteps fantastically good. Past, present, future, we do everything correctly to help the environment. May I ask, the oh points with rabbit amnesty?

Sorry if I've missed the point, but what are you asking?
    myghost [sign in to see picture]

slinky binky wrote:

May I ask, the oh points with rabbit amnesty?

For the time being you don't get any Oh points sending stuff to rabbit amnesty.

with that in mind it may well be more cost effective to put your electrical toys in a carrier bag or cardboard box taking them to your nearest council tip that offers recycling of electricals. anything never been opened/used can be put up for adoption non vibrating glass and metal toys can be recycled any other non vibrating toys can be put in general waste

j&lxxxx [sign in to see picture]

Stella L wrote:

Hi, I have a lot of sex toys (100+) that I would like to throw away.

Some are new but I don't want them anymore, do I just put them in the bin?

Thanks

That's a lot of toys, are you sure you want to get rid of them all?

Have a think about it first, you don't want to regret it afterwards.

charliemichelle [sign in to see picture]

i agree

[suspended user]

suspended user

slinky binky wrote:

The Oh!Points scheme was revamped by Lovehoney in the last couple of months. Before that, they offered you fidelity points for every single electrical appliance you sent to their Rabbit Amnesty program. You could even send back anything non sexual to the program for them to recycle it for you and be awarded with points. Now you don't get any points for the stuff you send to Rabbit Amnesty, but you can still send back any electrical (sexual or not) appliance for them to recycle. There is a slight possibility they will start awarding points for the stuff you send them to be recycled, but there are no sure promises on this one so waiting is not necessarily a good idea.

SexySoph247 [sign in to see picture]

Out of interest. . Why do you want to get rid of all your toys?
    That's a lot of toys to bin.

I really miss mine once I've burnt out the motors from over use

[suspended user]

suspended user

Thank you all for the advice regarding electrical recycling. I'd wanted to send them to the company because I'm interested to see what it's like here, so sending them to a company who does this job seems a good idea.

I've just got to many toys and accessories including alot I bought whilst starting out, to find my feet. I'll also check my stash, and see about this adopt a toy thread.

Tho seems like a good community so it's something I'll have a look at. I'm not sure what I've got in regards to adoptable. They're less expensive products which I couldn't recommended.

Sexy soph Once I'd personally discovered my likes and dislikes I knew not to bother with some. Also my record on burning motors out I smashed a couple of days back. A battery wand burnt out after three days....what? You politely think to yourselves. Think the issue was the product and not my over use, as nothing should burn out so fast. I couldn't believe it removing the batteries after use as they were very hot, it packed in pretty fast. I guess, I'm (needing) to find a new wand. It's certainly no inconvenience mind.....

SexySoph247 wrote:

Out of interest. . Why do you want to get rid of all your toys?
    That's a lot of toys to bin.

I really miss mine once I've burnt out the motors from over use

Hi SexySoph I don't need them, I bought the toys thinking I would use them (I went through a period where I couldn't stop buying sex toys) I literally bought everything.....from butt plugs to large dildos plus I have lots of new male sex toys which I bought for my ex. The dildos are too big and I dislike anal. That's my story!

Thanks everyone for all the helpful posts.

I will look into the adopt a toy thread, I will see if I can send all the my toys with electric parts to Rabbit Amnesty.

Yes, I live in London. Also, do I put my large toys in the bin as well? They're pretty heavy.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.