99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. GUM Clinic - any experiences

BumLovingCriminal [sign in to see picture]

Stoopid England! *shakes fist in rage*

I'm moving to Wales. I can get a smear and the welsh accent is sexy. Can I come and live with you Morbidia? I make a mean cup of tea! x

Morbidia [sign in to see picture]

BumLovingCriminal wrote:

Stoopid England! *shakes fist in rage*

I'm moving to Wales. I can get a smear and the welsh accent is sexy. Can I come and live with you Morbidia? I make a mean cup of tea! x

Yeah, it is really stupid, my friend has been having sex since she was 17/18ish, and i'm sure she even had one around then aswell, as you said, if you're sexually active, you should be allowed them!

Oooh, sounds like a plan me dear, i love tea, and a tea servant is the one thing im missing in this house :) xxx

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

Hells, up here they send you reminders once you are 21 but will check before then if you are sexually active. Come live here BLC , accent is less sexy but I make biscuits to go with tea ;~)

Where do you live, Rowan?

And if there's biscuits on offer at Rowna's house, you might have to do without your tea servant Morbidia! I'm a dirty biscuit slut, especially for chocolate malted milks! x

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

Dundee lol. However I do not have a Dundonian accent!! Will chocolate chip and walnut cookies do? Or maple and pecan? I'm all out of malted milks a dirty biscuit slut revolution is called for! Cast off your outer respectable guise!

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

BumLovingCriminal wrote:

And if there's biscuits on offer at Rowna's house, you might have to do without your tea servant Morbidia! I'm a dirty biscuit slut, especially for chocolate malted milks! x

but NHS perscriptions are free in wales too. something to consider lol!

Damnit! I'm auctioning myself off to whoever offers me the best healthcare and most biscuits. Morbidia, Rowan and Sweetlove666, your bids have been registered!

LOL

Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]

Ive only fleetingly read several comments and I wonder if the general rule seems to be that women are treated with great respect and the men with much criticism??

BumLovingCriminal wrote:

I'll get you any biscuits you want darling ;) xx

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Malteser81 wrote:

Ive only fleetingly read several comments and I wonder if the general rule seems to be that women are treated with great respect and the men with much criticism??

Hmmm interesting point... I do have a few issues with male healthcare, well more the disregard for it!

I know a male friend who wasn't treated very well at a clinic... He was a man slut mind who caught something while cheating (both of them were at it).

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

Malteser81 wrote:

i dont think this is nescassarily true, i know when i had the chamydia test at the doctors thatre was a bloke roughly my age do one before me, and we both got the same speech and treatment.

i think it depends on the healthcare professional, and the clinic

hornyteen [sign in to see picture]

We dont have any in Northern Ireland! The entire Northern Irish procedure pisses me off greatly. When I was 17 I came down with all the symptons of a bladder infection, I was worried it could be more as I wasnt that safe when younger I will admit, so I went to my doctors and they told me it wasnt a bladder infection but to go up to the hospital to get checked out (the Royal), as they couldnt do any tests there. There are 4 hospitals one close to me but only one does the tests. I had to take the time off school to go up as they only run Friday mornings, had to get 2 buses and when I got there I was waiting for 4 hours only to be told they had closed and to come back another day.

So a week later I came back and eventually got seen. I will say it was an OK experience they didnt seem judgemental at all. I was told I probably had clymdia and told to take anti-biotics. Got my result a week later and it was nothing a bladder infection!! Duh

If only the doctor could of given me a test or I could of gone somewhere sooner and it would of saved me 3 weeks of worry.

So yeah I wouldnt worry too much about GUM clinics at least you all have one!!

hornyteen [sign in to see picture]

I will say that in Northern Ireland you do get smear tests from the age of 20 though. I got offered one the week after I turned 20.

Seems some stuff they handle better than others.

sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]

My local GUM clinic has merged with the family planning clinic, a nightmare to get an appointment. They used to do a drop in clinic for family planning but that changed when they merged. Got an appointment in a couple of weeks to see about getting the implant but might as well get a full check while I'm there. Will report back after my appointment let you all know how it goes. x

Morbidia wrote:

BumLovingCriminal wrote:

SOLD - to the gorgeous gothic supplier of tasty biscuity snacks. I'll pack my things. Book me a smear test and I'll be round in a few hours lol! x

BumLovingCriminal wrote:

Morbidia wrote:

BumLovingCriminal wrote:

SOLD - to the gorgeous gothic supplier of tasty biscuity snacks. I'll pack my things. Book me a smear test and I'll be round in a few hours lol! x

WooooO!!!!!! Awesome shiz ^_^

Look forward to your arrival xxxx

Strapon! [sign in to see picture]

I went for an appointment recently & got my results yesterday and got the all clear!

Very relieved, as my ex was cheating and we always had unprotected sex.

As for their professionalism and treatment towards me....I have no complaints at all. They were very good!

This is the Norwich clinic...so maybe it just depends on location.

x

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

It usually seems to depend on location for a lot of healthcare services these days, unfortunately.

Ax

Lady Luna [sign in to see picture]

I went in and they treated me like a nutter because of my Bipolar, and kept running back and forth to get the doctor in. They tried to force me to go back on the pill (I was in to get a coil), despite the fact that I had told them again and again that it killed my sex drive and completely undermined the point of being on contraception to begin with. not to mention I'd found out it was a timebomb for me; both my mum and my aunt had concieved all of their kids (5 between them) while on the pill...it doesn't seem to work on my family!

They then refused to give me what I was asking for in case I was pregnant. I'd taken a pregnancy test a week before in preperation, but apparently because I'd been using condoms it wasn't good enough. I have anaemia so I don't get periods more than 3 or 4 times a year, hence taking it just to make sure.

I ended up getting a contraceptive injection because they refused to give me a coil until I'd been STD checked, depite the fact I'd a: been with the same person for 2 1/2 years, and b: only slept with 2 guys ever, and had been the first girlfriend of each! They also didn't check whether it could cause problems with my bipolar medication until after they'd given me it! Of course my STD tests came back negative, but they want me to do yet another pregnancy test next time I go in. Talk about jumping through hoops!

/rant

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Sounds like next time they will want a sperm sample before they give you that coil LL!

Justified rant though!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.